The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Smithy
Edward snowdon
Livi2IDie
mozam76
Afro
spiggle
Liviforever
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
LiviCub
14 posters

Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts - Page 3 Empty Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:48 pm

If I'm being completely honest, I don't think it was 100% accidental either. I've watched it over and over and I think he's gone in to do him. Not that I care as long as he's getting away with it, just gives people more reason to hate us. I'm almost left nursing a semi when I read comments from people saying we're almost as bad a club as Rangers.
    Durnford

Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts - Page 3 Empty Re: Relegation Countdown: Part I - Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 am

Lexi Collector wrote:If I'm being completely honest, I don't think it was 100% accidental either. I've watched it over and over and I think he's gone in to do him. Not that I care as long as he's getting away with it, just gives people more reason to hate us. I'm almost left nursing a semi when I read comments from people saying we're almost as bad a club as Rangers.

Wouldn't worry about the illiterate morons on P&B; they have trouble counting to more than six because that's how many fingers they have - which coincidentally also matches their IQ.

It makes me wonder though how any club with OZTHUG (sorry OZTURK) in their side can try and take the high moral ground.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:15 am

Lexi Collector wrote:He'll get a load of abuse at most grounds now I'd imagine. We should give him a hero's reception. I'd keep him in the team if possible, might put a bit of fear into the Scumbos next Saturday.

I say we chant "one Jason Talbot" as well as a minutes applause during the third minute of the match at Tynecastle #FearlessLeader
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Talbot's gonny get ye.

It has got silly with the amount of press coverage it's getting. Even digging into how many red cards he got in a season at a former club, Port Vale. Read he hospitalised the lad and he needed stitches, although they never mention butterfly stitches, and the tackle inspired Hearts to a 3-2 win.

Particularly liked this bit as their footnote:
    Meanwhile, Livingston continues to languish in last place and looks set to to be relegated to the third tier of Scottish football, League One.

Laughing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:16 pm

You've got to love the Metro on line's vote:

Q. Is this the worst tackle ever?

1 Probably
    2 No Doubt

Sounds like a Zimbabwe general election.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Yeah the one that snapped Larsson's leg in two was nowhere near as bad as Talbot giving the boy a few scratches on his face but I think I'd prefer Talbot's boot to my coupon.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 pm

2 match ban and he apologised to Nicholson after the game, hopefully that's the end of it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Still think it's a joke, they've used LIVItv to feck us over here.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Guaranteed if he played for the tims or the huns he'd get away with the yellow and that'd be it. Rules are different if you play for Livingston. SFA are an absolutely pathetic organisation, make the rules up as they go along.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Liviforever wrote:Still think it's a joke, they've used LIVItv to feck us over here.

True - but, if he never actually received a red card, presumably he never accumulated the points that one carries?

Can we seek retrospective punishment for Ozturk as well?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Liviforever wrote:Still think it's a joke, they've used LIVItv to feck us over here.

I'm not sure what the deal is here with LiviTV. It's undoubtedly a great service, and the folk who spend time editing it are doing a good job, but they post up some unnecessary stuff at times to boost viewing figures (which other businesses nick and don't accredit LTV for). Can't help but feel if that clip didn't come out so soon, this issue wouldn't be so major. Wasn't a big fan of them punting the clip of the Hibs 'keeper scoring against us either. A real point and laugh moment as far as Livi are concerned. Keep it to highlights and things which make us look good, not clips of Super Jason Talbs karate kicking some scumbo in the face. Authorities have it in for us enough as it is.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

I'm not sure what the deal is here with LiviTV. It's undoubtedly a great service, and the folk who spend time editing it are doing a good job, but they post up some unnecessary stuff at times to boost viewing figures (which other businesses nick and don't accredit LTV for). Can't help but feel if that clip didn't come out so soon, this issue wouldn't be so major. Wasn't a big fan of them punting the clip of the Hibs 'keeper scoring against us either. A real point and laugh moment as far as Livi are concerned. Keep it to highlights and things which make us look good, not clips of Super Jason Talbs karate kicking some scumbo in the face. Authorities have it in for us enough as it is.

Thought when I saw it put up that it wasn't too clever, but then didn't think the SFA could issue a punishment post match when the ref had dealt with it. Wouldn't be too chuffed if I was Livi fc though, getting done from footage provided by our own tv guys. Turned into a witch hunt by the media using the footage too, they were like a dug with a bone going after Talbot.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

What about the high boot by Hearts player on our guy in the opening minutes that didn't even get us a foul never mind the player a booking? Why is that not being shown to get the Hearts player suspended? Just looked at the Livi TV highlights & guess what, it isn't included. Mad
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:29 am

It does look like LiviTV have fucked the boy over. There was no need to show it, was only going to boost a suspension. But the fuckwits are more concerned that BBC are using their footage without their consent.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:23 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

Thought when I saw it put up that it wasn't too clever, but then didn't think the SFA could issue a punishment post match when the ref had dealt with it. Wouldn't be too chuffed if I was Livi fc though, getting done from footage provided by our own tv guys. Turned into a witch hunt by the media using the footage too, they were like a dug with a bone going after Talbot.

I told you so LF, it has been the LiviTV that's escalated the situation, don't know the angle taken behind this (I have my theories) but slightly disappointed with the TV highlights missing out key incidents in the first half highlights however the highlights were professional as always as we can't overally slate the guys for the good work they produce.

Didn't realise the chance Ibra missed looking back on the highlights (2nd half) bad touch - big chance to go 2-1 ahead, a good move thou, the scenes if he had scored.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:27 pm

FWIW, didn't Gordon Smith push for our footage of a game vs East Stirlingshire so Robbie Winters could get done for diving? Can't remember what came of it but I'm assuming the beaks have the right to request club's footage for these purposes?

Not saying that LiviTV were correct to broadcast the entire challenge for the world to see but the challenge certainly would have caught up with Talbot given the SNS photograph that was getting fired around Twitter during the game, and the (excessive) furore from the Hearts fans afterwards.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What about the high boot by Hearts player on our guy in the opening minutes that didn't even get us a foul never mind the player a booking? Why is that not being shown to get the Hearts player suspended? Just looked at the Livi TV highlights & guess what, it isn't included. Mad  

Yeah I was wanting to see that again, esp after this Talbot witch hunt. Was actually a high boot with studs showing just before that but the Hearts player didn't connect, can remember saying at the time it was still dangerous play.

I know there was a lot of Talbot hate from some Livi fans after the Motherwell two footer and then the Dumbarton high boot to the players chest, wondering if that's why the vid was put up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Afro wrote:FWIW, didn't Gordon Smith push for our footage of a game vs East Stirlingshire so Robbie Winters could get done for diving? Can't remember what came of it but I'm assuming the beaks have the right to request club's footage for these purposes?

Not saying that LiviTV were correct to broadcast the entire challenge for the world to see but the challenge certainly would have caught up with Talbot given the SNS photograph that was getting fired around Twitter during the game, and the (excessive) furore from the Hearts fans afterwards.

Yeah I mentioned that on LL, he was told to do one. Don't think it could be used same as I don't think it should be now either because not every club has tv packages of their games so it isn't a fair system/level playing field. Other clubs like Alloa could have 3 boots to players faces or stamps, elbows etc and nothing could be done even if the ref missed it as they have no AlloaTV, so how is it fair to use this to offer bans when a league has several clubs in it that can't be held to account!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Achilles wrote:It does look like LiviTV have fucked the boy over. There was no need to show it, was only going to boost a suspension. But the fuckwits are more concerned that BBC are using their footage without their consent.

Apparently McDougal gave the bbc permission to show it and Livi twitter has apologised to the bbc for slagging them off. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand it doing down at Livi, though a phone call to check your facts may have been wise before going on the web to have a dig at the beeb for plagiarism.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:43 pm

If I was Jason talbot I would be raging with Livi tv agree with others who say we never highlighted high boots against our players and penalty claims etc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm