The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
livikev
Smithy
mozam76
Afro
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Lexi Collector
LiviCub
12 posters

Livi v Dumbarton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dumbarton - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Dumbarton

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Afro wrote:Two days on and I still can't understand why Burchill hauled Pittman off when he was running the show. Still infuriating and mystifying, but here's hoping he gets the full 90 on Saturday.

We'd all like to know that one, along with why Ibra was playing up front by himself at home against a PT team who we gubbed 5-1 away from home.

Normally we get it wrong first half and make changes 2nd half to improve things, this time we made things worse 2nd half when we'd had a good first half.

If we play Alloa next week and set the team out not to lose we'll get humped, you can't stand off Alloa as they're decent moving the ball about. We'll have to get in their faces and dominate midfield, and for goodness sake have 2 up front. Doesn't matter who our main striker is he needs another striker playing alongside him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Afro wrote:Two days on and I still can't understand why Burchill hauled Pittman off when he was running the show. Still infuriating and mystifying, but here's hoping he gets the full 90 on Saturday.

We'd all like to know that one, along with why Ibra was playing up front by himself at home against a PT team who we gubbed 5-1 away from home.

Normally we get it wrong first half and make changes 2nd half to improve things, this time we made things worse 2nd half when we'd had a good first half.

If we play Alloa next week and set the team out not to lose we'll get humped, you can't stand off Alloa as they're decent moving the ball about. We'll have to get in their faces and dominate midfield, and for goodness sake have 2 up front. Doesn't matter who our main striker is he needs another striker playing alongside him.

Alloa's strategy must be to absolutely not lose against us whereas ours must be to win; a draw is no good. Unfortunately they are past masters of defending in depth whereas we haven't been particularly great at breaking them down.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Alloa's strategy must be to absolutely not lose against us whereas ours must be to win; a draw is no good. Unfortunately they are past masters of defending in depth whereas we haven't been particularly great at breaking them down.

Aye if Alloa score first it will be murder trying to break them down, they'll be doing the usual time wasting, wee niggly fouls, pulling on shirts to stop us breaking up the pitch, and then blocking us from taking quick free kicks. If we score first it will be imperative we keep attacking and get a 2nd and maybe a 3rd to kill them off, can't afford to sit on a 1 goal lead as we'll more than likely blow it in the dying minutes.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Liviforever wrote:

I agree with you we need two players up front and the main one has to be White as I will explain in another post . You know me being a statto well I have come up with something very interesting indeed that deserves its own thread lol.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:57 pm

I know mate, I can't get my head around it either.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:58 am

Someone said earlier we're drinking in the last chance saloon. We're not even doing that - we've finished our drink, we've pished ourself, and the bouncer is on his way over because we've been perving on the barmaid. Who just happens to be the bouncers wife.

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 am

mozam76 wrote:Someone said earlier we're drinking in the last chance saloon. We're not even doing that - we've finished our drink, we've pished ourself, and the bouncer is on his way over because we've been perving on the barmaid. Who just happens to be the bouncers wife.

Hahaha. Howling at this bit of patter.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Livi2IDie wrote:

Apologies Liviforever, this team sadly drives me to drink!

No worries, was just confused as to why you were giving me grief, lol.

Aye sorry mate.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 am

Anybody else think Ibra should of put the game out of sight and DJ cost us yet another goal with not saving that free kick that was straight down the middle??

If we don't concede that free kick we win 1-0!

It's bloody frustrating, that's 3 points thrown away with poor finishing and poor goalkeeping at the other end.

At least we were more creative and better in midfield and must go two upfront against Alloa and defend better.

LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 am

Livi2IDie wrote:Anybody else think Ibra should of put the game out of sight and DJ cost us yet another goal with not saving that free kick that was straight down the middle??

It's bloody frustrating, that's 3 points thrown away with poor finishing and poor goalkeeping at the other end.

At least we were more creative and better in midfield and must go two upfront against Alloa and defend better.

Ibra did have a couple of decent chances to increase our lead in the first half and for a striker he should've buried them.

Watching the highlights and as mentioned by others previously, Kyle shouldn't have fannied about with the ball but from the resulting free kick, there was about eight Livingston players in the wall which never ends well. Agnew is known for his set pieces but in my opinion, having any more than four of our own players in a wall is going to give any keeper no visibility and it shows a sign of no confidence from Jamieson himself if he feels he won't be able to save it.

Their winner came from poor defending as Fleming lost his marker, not the first time this has happened this season.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Knowing how good DJ is at penalties isn't a wall counter productive?

Mind you its now four days and I STILL can't understand how we lost that one...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Not watched the highlights, still gutted we lost and can't bring myself to watch it again. From what I remember DJ had a couple of good reflex saves where Dumbarton fired shots in from a tight angle on target, but he's not too clever at long range shots coming into him, seems slow getting down to them.

For me the free kick was too close to get the ball up and down over the wall to score, and we left a gap where he got his shot past the wall, if that was intentional then DJ should've been ready to move to the ball coming in there.

And yes Ibra had a couple of good chances to put the game to bed, was actually half way out my seat at one of them expecting to see the ball in the net and couldn't believe he hadn't scored.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:29 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    Livi2IDie wrote:Anybody else think Ibra should of put the game out of sight and DJ cost us yet another goal with not saving that free kick that was straight down the middle??

Ibra did have a couple of decent chances to increase our lead in the first half and for a striker he should've buried them.

Watching the highlights and as mentioned by others previously, Kyle shouldn't have fannied about with the ball but from the resulting free kick, there was about eight Livingston players in the wall which never ends well. Agnew is known for his set pieces but in my opinion, having any more than four of our own players in a wall is going to give any keeper no visibility and it shows a sign of no confidence from Jamieson himself if he feels he won't be able to save it.

Their winner came from poor defending as Fleming lost his marker, not the first time this has happened this season.

100% agree with you LiviClub but DJ should still be sorting the wall and should do better to save the shot!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Livi2IDie wrote:
    LiviCub wrote:

100% agree with you LiviClub but DJ should still be sorting the wall and should do better to save the shot!  

Exactly right.

I actually think the wall is counter productive, I would have players positioned randomly, no one can swerve the ball in an "s" pattern & the keeper should have better visibility
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:08 am

Hahaha tremendous, thinking outside the box there, I like it!!

If our management could do any kind of thinking we might not be rock bottom, LiviClub for manager!!

I'm actually buckled with that wall theory it's true tho but if Roberto Carlos turns ups we are fucked.

The only saving grace I think we have is Cowdenbeath have a tougher run in than us and are actually a worse team than us lol, although at the minute it doesn't seem like it. :/
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:52 pm

#LiviCubForManager
    #BurchillOut
    #FuckOffOldFirmScum
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:26 am

Ok went and watched the LIVItv highlights, for their first goal Dycey moved over to where their player was on the end of our wall and looked over to DJ, who signalled for him to step away, then the ball was hit exactly where Dycey would've been. So poor decision by DJ setting his wall up to allow the shot and also slow getting down to the ball.

Didn't watch their 2nd goal as it would be too much watching them celebrating the winner. Bugs the shit out of me the LIVItv filming opponents hugging and patting one another for 30 seconds after they score against us. Prob cause I'm touchy when we lose most of our games and can't be doing with watching that pish on LIVItv.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm