The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Afro
Smithy
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
EdinburghLivi
Durnford
Lexi Collector
12 posters

Raith V Livingston - massive game

Durnford

Raith V Livingston - massive game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Raith V Livingston - massive game

Post by Durnford Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm perfectly willing to allow myself to be convinced that Boulding isn't a complete waste; maybe a couple of excellent performances and some key goals but frankly I doubt it.

When I think of him I think of Jordon Morton however that's probably a little unfair; given the huge support and service when he was previously with us he did manage to score a few albeit in a poorer division.
    Durnford

Raith V Livingston - massive game  - Page 2 Empty Re: Raith V Livingston - massive game

Post by Durnford Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wouldn't write anyone off as yet, even though Mullen frustrates the hell out of me getting knocked off the ball far too easily he has skills and is still developing. All our strikers bar Boulding are pretty young and inexperienced at this level, they all show potential.

If we've plenty possession and play 2 up front then White is a certainty to get some chances and providing he gets some decent service will score, however if we're struggling against a team and do our usual of just lumping the ball up to him he's not going to get much joy and I'd rather have Ibra on. Aganst Raith we should be dominating the midfield and giving White service.

Can't argue Ibra had a stinker against Dumbarton but I could name any of our players that have stinkers this season, even Gallagher.

Agreed although on the subject of Mullen I keep forgetting he's only just turned 20; seems like he's an old hand already.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Got to admit the jury is out where Boulding is concerned, he did come on and score against Alloa and had a major influence in our win against Cowden too when he helped White get our winner.
    livi96

Post by livi96 Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:43 pm

starting 11 - Jamieson, Fordyce, Sives, Gallagher, Talbot, Jacobs, O'Brien, Jacobs, Pittman, Hippolyte & Mullen.
    subs - Walker, Boulding, McKenna, White, Glen, Sekajja & Donaldson.

If Mullen is playing upfront himself he will struggle again Watson and Barr, hope Burchill has got his tactics right today

C'mon livi!
    livi96

Post by livi96 Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Looking good at half time, c'mon livi keep this up!! Just need hearts to score another against Cowdenbeath
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Brilliant result today off the bottom roll on next week
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:05 pm

I have been his biggest critic but Craig Sives was absolutely outstanding today. Fair play to him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:36 pm

We are staying up we are staying up. The great escape is on.

Raith V Livingston - massive game  - Page 2 US_GreatEscape

Cruised to a win today, brilliant from everyone. White was desperate to score when he came on, was willing him to stick one in but just couldn't manage it, we were queuing up to have a shot at goal 2nd half.

Craig Barr getting MoTM for Raith was faf, 4-0 and an og and a CB gets MoTM lol! belter of a goal from him though.

Perfect day results wise with us winning and Alloa/Cowden losing, bring on the last game. bounce
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Thought Kyle and Pittman were unreal today. Cant really top today!
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:21 pm

A fantastic result. Totally dominated the majority of the game. All made even better by results going our way today aswell.

This is escape is on and I think we can finish 8th. Hopefully Hearts late winner will have knocked Cowdenbeath confidence totally.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 pm

sunderland wrote:Thought Kyle and Pittman were unreal today. Cant really top today!
    enjoy your fishing trip mate
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:01 pm

sunderland wrote:Thought Kyle and Pittman were unreal today. Cant really top today!

So was Dycey, his deliveries were superb today, scored I and assisted 2 more. Can't fault anyone today we were fantastic.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Liviforever wrote:

So was Dycey, his deliveries were superb today, scored I and assisted 2 more. Can't fault anyone today we were fantastic.
    totally agree LF played as a team and onwards to next week.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:31 am

Couldn't make it but was listening to open all mics in the car....wee Robbo was talking us up big time; said we were miles better than Rovers.

Fantastic couple of minutes of listening when DJ made yet another penalty save & then Mackay scored one for Hearts to beat Cowdenbeath. All the results went our way, absolutely unbelievable.

Still need to take care of business next Saturday; but at least the other two sides can't agree to play for a draw from the kick off.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:40 am

Liviforever wrote:Get back to dominating the midfield for this game and we'll win. Hunt the ball down and putting pressure on them to force mistakes like we did against Falkirk and Cowden. Not bothered who we play up front, they can all score when given decent balls to attack, just need to get stuck in about them and rip them apart.

Hopefully the fans will turn up in numbers and get right behind the players, I think we give better support away from home anyway and were excellent against Cowdenbeath. Mon the Lions.

4-1 Livi, fg 12 mins.

Damn that DJ and his penalty saving. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Couldn't make it but was listening to open all mics in the car....wee Robbo was talking us up big time; said we were miles better than Rovers.

Fantastic couple of minutes of listening when DJ made yet another penalty save & then Mackay scored one for Hearts to beat Cowdenbeath. All the results went our way, absolutely unbelievable.

Still need to take care of business next Saturday; but at least the other two sides can't agree to play for a draw from the kick off.

6-0 wouldn't have flattered us Bertie, we were lining up shots in and around the box bombarding their goal for a big part of the 2nd half.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 am

Early afternoon of 5th of April 2015 - EL plays random playlist on Spotify, Timber comes on. Livingston win 4-0.

Early afternoon of 25th of April 2015 - EL plays Timber selectively knowing the good omen. Livingston win 4-0.

Just saying.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:03 am

Get it played next Saturday too mate
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:06 am

Actually it looked like Foredyce could have been in an offside position for the second goal?

However I agree the 6 nil would have been a more accurate reflection of the balance of play. Can believe Nade is still playing in the championship - truly dreadful.

Also surely wee Mullen didn't out-jump two, yes two, Raith defenders?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:17 pm

Incidentally have been looking at the official site and had a wee laugh at the "match report" and the subs not used for the RAITH team...
    12 Walker 16 Beaumont 17 Mckenna 33 Currie

Go Figure?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Durnford wrote:Actually it looked like Foredyce could have been in an offside position for the second goal?

However I agree the 6 nil would have been a more accurate reflection of the balance of play. Can believe Nade is still playing in the championship - truly dreadful.

Also surely wee Mullen didn't out-jump two, yes two, Raith defenders?

He wasn't interfering with play or whatever else they call it when you're in an offside position but have no influence in the goal. Not long ago Rooney was deemed the same when he actually jumped out of the way of the ball in front of the keeper to let the ball past, Dycey was in more danger of stopping us scoring than helping us yesterday for that goal.

Gallagher had Nade in his back pocket.

Really can't believe big White didn't get on the score sheet, he was busting a gut trying to score but it just didn't go for him, at times we were playing pinball with their defenders inside the box.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm

GIRUY Paul Watson HAHAHAHAHA. Wank.

Honestly, you must be shite if you concede nine goals over two games at home to a mob like us.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Having seen the Raith highlights the deliberate elbowing of White by Watson looks a lot worse than from where I was sitting - he leaps in with his elbow to the back of White's head.

Totally unnecessary and deserving of a straight red never mind a second yellow.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Durnford wrote:Having seen the Raith highlights the deliberate elbowing of White by Watson looks a lot worse than from where I was sitting - he leaps in with his elbow to the back of White's head.

Did look a real bad challenge.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Durnford wrote:Having seen the Raith highlights the deliberate elbowing of White by Watson looks a lot worse than from where I was sitting - he leaps in with his elbow to the back of White's head.

Did look a real bad challenge.

Indeed. Circa 5:24

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm