The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
EdinburghLivi
Contemporary
Lexi Collector
Afro
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
11 posters

1 point out of 21

Smithy
    Smithy

1 point out of 21 Empty 1 point out of 21

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:35 pm

The point we gained from a penalty
    Mr Burchill thinks we did well to keep Rangers to have five shots on target.
    Played 6
    Won 0
    Draw 1
    Lost 5
    Scored 4
    Conceded 14

I suggested we play White and Sheerin after last week's performance with them both linking up well.

The managers response was don't even give them any time on the park in the next game.

We'll either I know nothing about man management and football or Mr Burchill has git some master game plan for the future.

Time will tell.

Totally disgusted in our defeatist attitude today. We got what we played for and deserved, absolutely nothing but hey we kept the scoreline to only losing three goals.

Then we wonder why we don't get more people coming to our games, what a waste of time that was today.

Last edited by Smithy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

1 point out of 21 Empty Re: 1 point out of 21

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Was plenty there today seeing The Rangers play total football. TBF they've ran over the top of QoS, Alloa & Raith putting 5 past them, don't blame Burchill for not wanting to risk us getting absolutely pumped which would've damaged our confidence.

Wouldn't be surprised to be 1 point out of 21 next week too after playing Hibs, though I have them as the 2nd best team in the league and on par with the tribute act of last season team, so would be a bit peeved if we don't have a go at them and have White and Sheerin on at some point, pref from the start.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Our start this season was always likely to be hard with the usual high turnover of personnel and the late assembly of the squad due to the embargo. We can only hope the team gels soon but anyone who expected anything other than another battle to avoid the drop was deluding themselves

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:05 pm

I think you have to be realistic Smithy. We were outclassed in every area of the pitch. If our players were as good as Rangers players then they would be earning thousands every week too. Today was always going to be a damage limitation exercise and we kept the score down to 3 which is better than the last three teams they played.
    Of the teams we have played so far I'd say only Rangers and Falkirk have looked better than us.
    I am still hopeful that things will improve and we will start to pick up points against the teams at our own level.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Okay maybe so but surely we need to have some bloody points on the scoreboard after the next three games.

Not sure about the manager at all but hopefully I'm proved wrong.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm with you on the White/Sheerin partnership up front but had a feeling he'd stick with Buchanan as the lone striker for todays game and play a damage limitation strategy.

Really hope he doesn't brick it against Hibs though as they're nothing to be scared of, don't want to see us playing at home with one up front either.

Against Alloa and Dumbarton we really should be playing to win and have two up front, for me Sheerin is the player to partner either Buchanan or White, none of the other combos have worked; White/Mullen-White/Buchanan-Buchanan/Mullen.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Tbf the other partnerships haven't a chance to work either

My view would definitely be White and other as he is top scorer and assist man over the same time span.

Just felt White and Sheerin have the edge as two big guys
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:29 am

I couldn't help but feel that Burchill would benefit greatly from a more experienced assistant at the moment. Today was a prime example, I thought he made a total pig's ear of the subs second half (granted one was used for Sives' injury) - surely an assistant who knows the script will tell him not to replace Buchanan with a similar player for a style of play that wasn't working?

We could give any team in this division a game, or at least we should be able to. Certainly the mentality today was to keep the score down from the get go and if you don't believe you're going to get anything, you're not. We also may be one of the more mediocre sides in the division but even so, we should be aiming to be one of the fittest. I think this is an area we are totally falling down in, not just specifically at ourselves but across Scottish football, and I suppose it's all about the mentality as well. I'm all for players blowing off some steam but if our captain is spending his Saturday nights in nightclubs more times than not, that is surely going to have an effect on his performance somewhere down the line. Might be overstating things sure, but if you're a professional you should be doing anything to ensure you're getting maximum performance from yourself every game, no?
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:01 am

Afro wrote:I couldn't help but feel that Burchill would benefit greatly from a more experienced assistant at the moment. Today was a prime example, I thought he made a total pig's ear of the subs second half (granted one was used for Sives' injury) - surely an assistant who knows the script will tell him not to replace Buchanan with a similar player for a style of play that wasn't working?

We could give any team in this division a game, or at least we should be able to. Certainly the mentality today was to keep the score down from the get go and if you don't believe you're going to get anything, you're not. We also may be one of the more mediocre sides in the division but even so, we should be aiming to be one of the fittest. I think this is an area we are totally falling down in, not just specifically at ourselves but across Scottish football, and I suppose it's all about the mentality as well. I'm all for players blowing off some steam but if our captain is spending his Saturday nights in nightclubs more times than not, that is surely going to have an effect on his performance somewhere down the line. Might be overstating things sure, but if you're a professional you should be doing anything to ensure you're getting maximum performance from yourself every game, no?
    well Said afro
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:25 am

Afro wrote:I couldn't help but feel that Burchill would benefit greatly from a more experienced assistant at the moment. Today was a prime example, I thought he made a total pig's ear of the subs second half (granted one was used for Sives' injury) - surely an assistant who knows the script will tell him not to replace Buchanan with a similar player for a style of play that wasn't working?

You ought to see some pictures a certain poster on here sent me in the last hour. Cole isn't captain material in a million years - he's a total fud. There's so many things wrong with Livingston at the moment. I suppose the happy clapping attitude from a lot of our fans just encourages Burchill and the boys even more, when in reality we are beyond total fuck. Burchill is absolutely clueless and may very well take us down. The squad in general have an appalling attitude, and going by comments from Livi fans on social media and their behavior at games, their attitude is just as bad.

We're a bunch of fucking losers. It's in our culture these days.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:28 am

Lexi Collector wrote:

You ought to see some pictures a certain poster on here sent me in the last hour. Cole isn't captain material in a million years - he's a total fud. There's so many things wrong with Livingston at the moment. I suppose the happy clapping attitude from a lot of our fans just encourages Burchill and the boys even more, when in reality we are beyond total fuck. Burchill is absolutely clueless and may very well take us down. The squad in general have an appalling attitude, and going by comments from Livi fans on social media and their behavior at games, their attitude is just as bad.

There is so many things wrong with Livingston at the moment

Sums it up Lexi

It appears we are being cheated by players getting games when they should be nowhere near the team.

The result of all this is one point out of eighteen and the only team in league without a win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

Apart from all that though you love being a Livi fan. Laughing
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:

100% agree. Loads of Livi fans have an annoying attitude and just refuse to criticise the players or the club. Not winning a single league game so far is disgraceful.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Contemporary wrote:
    Lexi Collector wrote:

100% agree. Loads of Livi fans have an annoying attitude and just refuse to criticise the players or the club. Not winning a single league game so far is disgraceful.
    Agree totally
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Can't take this grinding of teeth seethe seriously. Laughing
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Liviforever wrote:Can't take this grinding of teeth seethe seriously. Laughing

Strange thing to say mate

Are you happy with one point out of eighteen?
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:53 pm

We're clearly not the best team outwith Rangers and Hibs but I don't think we're the worst either. It's difficult because I don't really think he deserves sacked but things have to change because the boys are unorganised and underperforming.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:27 pm

What in your opinion would deserve sacking

One point out of twenty one which will be the case if we lose to Hibs

Or

How many points out of the first round of games should we achieve?

Because if we lose to Hibs we really need to beat Alloa and Dumbarton to achieve a total of 7 points from 27 ......mm

If we don't beat both we are looking at 5 from 27 at best which IMO is pretty poor.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:23 pm

One point out of eighteen is unacceptable for any team and I did expect us to build momentum following the results near the end of last season. Yes you could say the squad was better and all the off-field issues we had restricted our recruitment, but at the end of the day, Burchill has been given the responsibility to assemble a squad capable of competing and so far, he's failed. The tactics have been confusing and very questionable, the performances of a lot of players has been piss poor and Burchill has lost the spine he had last season when he wasn't afraid to make big calls when it mattered i.e. Removing the deadwood with Robertson, McKenna and Ogleby and actually bringing in players who could make the difference (Pittman, recalling O'Brien, giving Hippolyte a chance).

If this team can't get at least six points in the next three games and aim for at least five victories in the next quarter of fixtures then Burchill and the team should be chucked for the lack of ambition.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Can't really chuck the team I'm afraid the Bucks stops at the manager who in reality took all the plaudits for winning the Petrofac Cup and for keeping us up.
    He is on the radio a lot and all his media pals are forever bigging him up not the players.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Can I reverse the question.... Given the large turnover in personnel and the embargo which restricted the building of our squad - not forgetting that the embargo also prevented us keeping players whose contracts were expiring... What would have been an acceptable points tally and cup run in both cups?
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:46 pm

I would have thought around 15 points from our first 9 games was achievable, as others have said we are not the worst squad and we have decent players.
    We should have been looking to beat Morton Alloa Dumbarton and Queens ,draws against Falkirk St Mirren and Raith with possible defeats v Rangers and Hibs.
    So we have underachieved with games against Hibs Alloa and Dumbarton to come which we need to win to come within five points of acceptability.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:15 pm

We obviously were looking to win all the games we have played this season(apart from yesterday which even the management seemed to right off - which IMO is Burchill's biggest error so far) but you know as well as anyone that it doesn't always work out as you planned or as expected. We still could win 2 of the games you have deemed winnable.

But now that I know your expectation level exceeded our ability from before a ball was kicked I'll stop contributing to this thread.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:We obviously were looking to win all the games we have played this season(apart from yesterday which even the management seemed to right off - which IMO is Burchill's biggest error so far) but you know as well as anyone that it doesn't always work out as you planned or as expected. We still could win 2 of the games you have deemed winnable.

But now that I know your expectation level exceeded our ability from before a ball was kicked I'll stop contributing to this thread.
    what is your acceptable points total Bertie for the first quarter?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:17 am

Smithy wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Can't take this grinding of teeth seethe seriously. Laughing

Strange thing to say mate

Are you happy with one point out of eighteen?

Course not but the mock seethe is hilarious.

Lets get things into perspective here, we've had a stuttering start with injuries and suspensions meaning we didn't get a settled team for most of our games, we've hardly had 8 players playing 2 games running together until recently, DJ is the only player to have played in every game.

The two games that have been most disappointing were Raith & Morton, they are games we should be winning as both are pish and but for refereeing decisions against us contributing to us chasing the game we'd have beaten both of them. We were by far the better team against Raith till the Sives penalty award, a ball hitting his arm by his side and then being given as a penalty about 8 seconds later after the ball went out of play, that had us chasing the game and being hit on the break. Same with Morton, Gordon getting a red card for a trip and we're disorganised and lost the first goal and were again chasing the game and hit on the counter. Unfortunate but there you go, but lets keep our heads I fully expect to beat them the next time we play them.

St Mirren away and again looked the better team and were inches from getting the deserved 3 points but had to settle for a draw.  

Falkirk was disappointing in that we didn't turn up and were outplayed because we were out fought, but still pegged them back and nearly got an undeserved draw, can't really complain about lsing it though they were the better team.

QoS only won because the ref didn't send off the guy that scored a deflected shot when he lunged in on Hippo lying on the ground.

Didn't seriously think we had a chance against Sevco so not even bothered about that result, though respect anyone who went there being pissed off that wanted to see us have a go so wont comment further on that game.

All in all I can see things just haven't been great for us to get some momentum going and think it ridiculous to be calling for Burchill to be punted, sick to death of the managerial merry go round every sodding season, I want him to be given a chance to get this season going and absolutely believe he'll have us playing a lot better next season if he gets a fighting chance from the boardroom to do so, getting continuity from this season with just having to tweak his squad with 3 or 4 signings.

If we're still struggling after 18 games then i'll concede we're in trouble but imo it's just far too early to be discussing this nonsense.

Last edited by Liviforever on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am