The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Afro
AMF
Troy
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
12 posters

Livi v Sevco

Smithy
    Smithy

Livi v Sevco - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Sevco

Post by Smithy Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Bertie I love your posts mate , always give a different view which I admire as I've been the same championing big White when others have been having a go at the big man.

So if Hippo turns out to be the team player we need and turns in performances like Petrofac final and Cowdenbeath I will say well done Bertie cos you always had faith in the boy.

You stick to your belief and your viewpoint , well done pal.

Mon the Livi
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Liviforever wrote:His losing possession in midfield prob stuck out more for most folk, tiredness prob came into it too, esp in the 2nd half. Think I said in my match post that him scoring our goal gets him a free pass from me, not going to be picky about the player who got us a point against Sevco. Very Happy  

Not sure why Buchill has started him in a midweek Hibs game and then a few days later against Sevco when he hasn't played for a while, was two tough games, the toughest we'll play in the league, and in the same week too. Think we'd all have expected him to be a used 2nd half sub at best and having to work his way back into the team.

It is all the more strange after not even being on the bench against Morton where he would've been quite useful, as we really struggled to break them down and he brings something different to the team.

If nothing else, Burchill's team selection isn't going to be predictable for opposition managers to figure out, we Livi fans can't even predict what starting 11 he'll put out. Laughing
    tinker man is our Burchy lol
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Hippo is a key player for the team, he can produce moments of magic when we really need them and chips in with plenty of goals. Yes he was daft but he's been disciplined for it and has worked his way back into the team and he's still young so his attitude can still improve. Totally agree with BB that Hippo wasn't outstanding against sevco but he certainly wasn't rotten
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:13 pm

He disentangle chip in with plenty goals mate 2 this season Gallagher also has two and he is a defender.Let's stick to the facts
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:17 pm

He does not chip in with plenty goals mate 2 goals in 14 starts this season Gallagher also has two and he is a defender.Let's stick to the facts.

We all want Hippo to be a good player for us but he is not integral to our success if he wants to play as an individual.

He was played as a wide player on Saturday his job was to provide balls into the box, he didn't do his job as he was too interested in playing for himself. That's not acceptable in my eyes.

Most of us at the game felt he was our worst player on Saturday.

Let's move on
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:05 pm

"Let's move on." Good idea, we're flogging a dead hippo here.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:31 pm

He's not dead yet!! (Sorry couldn't resist Python mis-quote)

Smithy, you are assuming his job was to deliver crosses; I don't think it was, Longridge was there for that when he went forward; Hippo's role was much free-er than being an out & out winger.

Burchy makes my points for me very nicely in the Courier this week...cheers Marko!

And finally its time to agree, lets move on...hopefully onwards & upwards
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:04 pm

We can all agree that we move on as you say Bb onwards and upwards

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm