The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Achilles
phantoms-livi-lass
EdinburghLivi
Troy
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Smithy
LiviCub
Liviforever
13 posters

Livi v St Mirren

Troy

Livi v St Mirren - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v St Mirren

Post by Troy Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:54 am

Wish i could share in the enthusiasim about still being able to catch Dumbarton but as has been pointed out the games we have coming up dont exactly fill me with confidence.Totally agree about Cole the guys an absolute bombscare and costs us on numerous ocasions but he still gets picked every week.Cmon Hoppy waken up and smell the coffee we cant afford passengers at this stage of the season! .We did play better yesterday imo and it took a magnificent strike by Shankland to beat us,but once again i feel we didnt get the result our play deserved but there again how many times has that happened over the course of the season?.Anyway Falkirk up next and we all know how well they are playing at the moment so you will excuse me if im not to hopefull of pulling a result over there.Trying to keep the faith but its getting more difficult week by week.Still who knows,wee miracles sometimes happen although i think this time it may be a bridge to far for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:12 pm

We needed to beat St Mirren yesterday to drag them back into the mix but i'll concede they've got themselves away from us now. However Dumbarton are only 5 points clear with a horrendous GD so they're still well within our reach.

Hibs are there for the taking just now so def give us a chance against them.

Sevco are at home where we got a draw from our last game so even though that will be backs to the wall holding on for all we're worth we are still capable of a point in that one. Hopefully they'll already have won the title by the time we play this game, and are in a party mood too and not too focussed on our game.

Can't see us getting anything away to Falkirk, maybe if it was at home but not away.

QoS is a def one we can win, we have done well against them regardless of whether it was a meaningful game but by the time we play them it will be completely meaningless for them, still have to graft for it but I think we will be right up for it.

Same goes for Raith at the end of the season, they will be 4th, well pleased with themselves and wont have a care in the world to give a feck about this game. It's at home too so i'd have thought we'd beat them anyway.

The Alloa game at home should be another we get 3 points from.

Morton away is like Falkirk away, can't see us getting anything. If we do get something from those 2 games it will be a surprising bonus as we shouldn't count on anything.

The games where we should be targeting points are ones we have already shown we're capable of taking points, the others are not likely but of course we should still be trying like feck to get something from them, as fans though we shouldn't expect to. So still plenty points to play for and with our GD being so good we only need to get level with Dumbarton.

If everything goes well for us and we either get above Dumbarton or need something from the last home game against Raith I really hope the club pull out all the stops to get a big home crowd for this game, get free tickets out to ALL the schools, cheap as chips deals on tickets out to everyone else for the PaTG fans, and FFS no moaning from ST holders on the give away prices. Lets give the players all our backing and get a big crowd there to push them on. Oh and hopefully the GS players will turn up and bring all their friends and family, they get enough support from the club, this would be a game to show the club their support.

Just hope we don't feck it up now. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:34 pm

On the Cole cheering as he was subbed, I think it was more in relief than anything, that Hopkin finally subbed him after fans were calling out to him to get Cole off for most of the 2nd half. Yes it isn't very nice but I can see why they did it, much like the ref finally giving us a decision and the fans cheer sarcastically to the ref.

TBH I doubt Cole gave a feck, he comes over as being full of himself and that is what gets him into trouble on the pitch, thinking he needs to play himself out of trouble rather than just simply clear the danger. White however cares a great deal and tries his heart out, apples and oranges comparing both players being cheered off, big White took it to heart, Cole wont have bothered his arse.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Just adding my ten pence worth re Cole. I don't ever like cheering when players are subbed. That said it's way beyond time the guy was dropped. His performance yesterday could be very costly when the end of season points are looked at. The thing is that it is not a one off. He has been a liability in nearly every game. How many chances does he get? I was surprised to see him walk back into the team at Dumbarton after being out injured for weeks. He was mince and didn't come out for the second half yet has been a first pick in every game since.

What's going on?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Sives is a bit iffy but i'd much rather he was playing and Cole was put out on loan. At least Sives offers something going forward and knows his limitations in defence, so doesn't take risks.

Cole gets away with even more mistakes than the ones that costs us goals too.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Which is why I think he believes he played well.

Interesting to read that Hoppy thought we were the better team and created the better chances... Cole created the two best chances of the match for Saints!
    AMF

Post by AMF Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 pm

it was apparent very early on that Cole was out of his depth and Hopkin should have pulled him but didn't and Cole went on to gifting them two goals. What really pissed me off was Hopkins cuddle of him when he was substituted as if he had played well. That was a real opportunity for Livi to secure 3 points but Hopkins blind faith in someone who has clearly lost what football skill he had, sunk us. Hopkin is just as much to blame for our defeat as Cole.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Yeah I thought we created the better chances too. Neill wasn't tight enough to block Shankland scoring their 3rd goal either, but with him being a late sub you can give him a bit of leeway for not being up to speed.  Teams tend to score wonder goals against us though, dunno why that is but it has happened a few times this season, we seem to bring the best out of them with their long range shots and volleys from around the box.

I agree with you AMF, that's 2 games he's cost us recently, we were the better team against Raith till Cole played them in on goal for a tap in into our empty net, then it was an uphill struggle for us and we lost. I doubt we'd have had worse than a draw in that game without Cole playing. Our fans (me included) crap it every time a ball is played to him because you just don't know what he'll try to do with it, he turned and tried to play it back across our backline on Sat when their player was right in front of where he played it, he was lucky that it hit the boys heel and broke away from him or we'd have prob lost another goal. Then the one where we near conceded a goal just before we went up the pitch and scored our 2nd. WTF is it with him that he wants to showboat in defence and risk losing the ball.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:04 am

Liviforever wrote:Yeah I thought we created the better chances too. Neill wasn't tight enough to block Shankland scoring their 3rd goal either, but with him being a late sub you can give him a bit of leeway for not being up to speed.  Teams tend to score wonder goals against us though, dunno why that is but it has happened a few times this season, we seem to bring the best out of them with their long range shots and volleys from around the box.

I agree with you AMF, that's 2 games he's cost us recently, we were the better team against Raith till Cole played them in on goal for a tap in into our empty net, then it was an uphill struggle for us and we lost. I doubt we'd have had worse than a draw in that game without Cole playing. Our fans (me included) crap it every time a ball is played to him because you just don't know what he'll try to do with it, he turned and tried to play it back across our backline on Sat when their player was right in front of where he played it, he was lucky that it hit the boys heel and broke away from him or we'd have prob lost another goal. Then the one where we near conceded a goal just before we went up the pitch and scored our 2nd. WTF is it with him that he wants to showboat in defence and risk losing the ball.

He also nearly cost us against Dumbarton as well. If it wasn't for a combination of Nade's poor finishing, lack of pace and Ben Gordon bailing him out, we could have easily been 4-0 in the 1st half against Dumbarton with his mistakes.

Although Morgyn Neill isn't the perfect defender, he's better than Cole who has been a bomb-scare at the back.

We look to be playing well and starting to gel as a team and it all seems to be getting ruined by the poor play of one player. If we don't get this sorted, we will be in a play off and a trip to the likes of Ayr / Peterhead / Stranraer / Airdrie could be in order.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Oh aye i'd forgotten about the horror show first half against Dumbarton because we actually won that game. Yeah we could easily have been a few goals down with Cole's mistakes in that game and chucked another 3 points away.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:50 pm

Must be a kick in the teeth for Morgyn Neill, who was performing pretty steadily before being dropped in favour of Cole, who returned before he was even fit. I can't really add to what others have said, Cole is in horrific form and by all accounts his relationship with Martingale is a decisive factor in his playing time. Must also be quite galling for Craig Sives, who probably knows himself that he is a limited footballer, but probably has an infinitely better professional attitude than Cole.

If Cole doesn't play on Saturday, we get a point at least. Horrific management from Hopkin not taking him off earlier, and ultimately this whole saga has cost us with Neill being thrown in and getting done by Shankland for their winner. Credit to the rest of our players though for getting us back on level terms twice, thought we played well in spells and looked the most likely to win it after our second. I'm consigned to 9th now, Dumbarton aren't any worse than us overall and they have the knack to pick up results against teams like Hibs and Falkirk on a consistent basis.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm