The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
sunderland
Liviforever
7 posters

The Livi Drum Is Back.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

The Livi Drum Is Back. Empty The Livi Drum Is Back.

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm

The Livi Drum Is Back. 20663591_1597040033669165_2206293254270163855_n

Livingston FC

The players & backroom staff at the club have all chipped-in to replace th Drum that the DBM used to use. The new drum will be at the club for our next home game against St Mirren and can be collected from our kitman, Stephen Sproule.

All players and backroom staff used to really enjoy the atmosphere the drum created. Hopefully the fans can get behind the club even more this season to help push us on in the Championship.

Good stuff, I liked the drum, wouldn't like to sit right next to it right enough but it did encourage our fans to join in and create an atmosphere for the players. Plus it annoys the shit out of away fans too so that is another big plus for me. Very Happy
    sunderland

The Livi Drum Is Back. Empty Re: The Livi Drum Is Back.

Post by sunderland Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Who is going to play it?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 am

More importantly where are they going to play it - Diesel was a fairly accomplished drummer but the boom boom boom when we're all crammed into the west stand can get a little wearing.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Good that the club are engaging with the fans in a very positive manner, long may it continue. Although, and I may be wrong, are the DBM even a thing anymore? I suppose any move that will bring back some atmosphere to the ground should be applauded TBF.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Durnford wrote:More importantly where are they going to play it - Diesel was a fairly accomplished drummer but the boom boom boom when we're all crammed into the west stand can get a little wearing.

Hopefully right over by the segregation to annoy the away support. Laughing Think it is normally over on the end block towards the North stand isn't it? Was a bit shite when they all moved over away from our support in the corner by the East/South stand, was too detached, I know i wouldn't want it right next to me but it does have to be in amongst our support to have everyone joining in when it gets beat.

The DBM boys only usually turn up for certain games now, like a big game against Hearts, expecting them at the Hibs game this season.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:01 pm

DBM, as a group, disbanded about a year and a half ago. Unless someone else wants to bang the drum, I can't see this taking off.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Achilles wrote:DBM, as a group, disbanded about a year and a half ago. Unless someone else wants to bang the drum, I can't see this taking off.

Wasn't there something about one of the number getting banned at a game versus Dumbarton? Seem to recall there was something about a bottle being thrown but I could be wrong.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Aye I think that would have been after the DBM split up. The boy Ryan wasn't part of the group, his dad has been going to games for years, can't think I've seen him at a Livingston game before or since the "incident"
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Would think there would've been a conversation with someone about who was going to do the drumming before they decided to go buy it. If not then I await the OS & FB having a shout out for a volunteer. Laughing
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:07 am

More than willing to play the drum when work allows me to get to games...usually a kit drummer but I'd give it a bang
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Well this turned out to be ant-climactic, haven't heard the drum at any of our games yet.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:31 am

Can't say I've missed it TBH
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:42 am

Achilles wrote:Aye I think that would have been after the DBM split up. The boy Ryan wasn't part of the group, his dad has been going to games for years, can't think I've seen him at a Livingston game before or since the "incident"

After reading the article in the link Durnford posted, sounds like the lad has been punished for trying to be honest. Also sounds like he was more victim than perpetrator, being apparently wrongly accused and then assaulted.

And if that's the way fans are treated by fellow fans, I can't say I blame him for not coming back.

I'm sure the person who had the bovril chucked at him has a different version of events though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Achilles wrote:Aye I think that would have been after the DBM split up. The boy Ryan wasn't part of the group, his dad has been going to games for years, can't think I've seen him at a Livingston game before or since the "incident"

After reading the article in the link Durnford posted, sounds like the lad has been punished for trying to be honest. Also sounds like he was more victim than perpetrator, being apparently wrongly accused and then assaulted.

And if that's the way fans are treated by fellow fans, I can't say I blame him for not coming back.

I'm sure the person who had the bovril chucked at him has a different version of events though.

Certainly was a different version played out on FB that night anyway.

Used to read the Courier court cases and this sounds pretty much like the defence lawyer's plea to the Judge that has been printed by the DR.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Nothing ever came of it, thankfully we have havent seen any more incidents of bovril throwing.
    The “threats” from his old man didn’t materialise either, again, probably a good thing.

On the subject of the drum, it’s a shame it’s not been used this season. Performances and results have certainly given the fans something to shout about, would have been nice to get some atmosphere to back that up as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Yay the drum was there last night at the Utd game, welcome back the Livi drum. cheers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:50 am

Liviforever wrote:Yay the drum was there last night at the Utd game, welcome back the Livi drum.  cheers

Was that the drum? I though previously we had a bass drum; the one on Alba looked like a tenor snare?

Not complaining but wondered if that was one that someone had brought in (privately owned) or whether it was the one that had apparently been sitting in reception for the last six months or so.

Irrespective hopefully they'll all be back for ICT.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Somebody should really tell the bloke up the back of A2 who’s smashed the ad board that there’s a drum available.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:25 pm

For me, the need to focus on supporting our lads rather than slagging off the opposition. I'm not saying eliminate the slagging entirely but don't make it the predominant feature. Support the local team first, then slag off the opposition when we have made the game safe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content