The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Reserve League

Durnford

Reserve League - Page 2 Empty Re: Reserve League

Post by Durnford Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 pm

LiviLion wrote:

Good composure from Allan for those goals. Didn't really see anything from Schaik with him being a defender but hopefully ends up being good enough to take Saunders' place on the bench.

Some excellent assists by Hamilton as well by the looks of it.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

2-1 win against Queens Park tonight. Trialist (Jordan Allan) and Pignatiello with the goals. Matthew Knox got a late red card too.

Starting XI: Gary Maley, Hamish Thomson, Cameron Clark, Henk van Schaik, Steven Saunders, Carlo Pignatiello, Craig Henderson, Cameron Blues, Jack Hamilton, Matthew Knox, Trialist

Subs used: Adam Watson, Levi Kinchant
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:12 pm

Jordan Allan is doing well in these reserve games, that's 4 goals he's scored, wonder if we'll sign him. Still think we're light with strikers just now, and with the 8 games in December coming up we may need help up front for Robinson and Menga, to be rested now and then.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:37 am

Irrespective of whether we rest players or not I think we should get an offer in for Allen provided it doesn't break the bank.

There's still no sign of Hardie coming back and I'm not sure he could handle life in the Premiership even if he does. Plus obviously he's only a loanee. Miller is apparently jogging now but is still probably a long way off first team duty.

With De Vita fulfilling more of an attacking midfield role of late that leaves Hamilton. He and Allen seem to have been developing quite an understanding in the reserves so who knows...
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Durnford wrote:Irrespective of whether we rest players or not I think we should get an offer in for Allen provided it doesn't break the bank.

There's still no sign of Hardie coming back and I'm not sure he could handle life in the Premiership even if he does. Plus obviously he's only a loanee. Miller is apparently jogging now but is still probably a long way off first team duty.

With De Vita fulfilling more of an attacking midfield role of late that leaves Hamilton. He and Allen seem to have been developing quite an understanding in the reserves so who knows...

Completely agree on Allan, was about to post it on another thread before I realised it was a bit irrelevant. Even just a short term deal until the end of January, maybe the option of extending it to the summer or for another year depending on performances etc. Considering we've signed Henk van Schaik I wonder if we have also tried to sign Allan and there's something delaying a deal (wage demands, interest from elsewhere etc).

Hardie looks like he'll be out until the new year, just our luck. I think he'd be fine in this league tbh, actually think the St Johnstone game would have been great for him assuming his time on the sidelines hasn't greatly affected his pace and skill.

Allan and Hamilton alongside each other would sound like a promising partnership for the future if the reserves are anything to go by.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Team for Airdrie: Stewart, McMillan, Clark, van Schaik, Saunders, Trialist, Tiffoney, Blues, Hamilton, Sibbald & Cadden.

Some there that will probably be playing or on the bench on Saturday.

Already 1 - 1.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Cadden got the winner 2-1
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Cadden loves a goal against Airdrie.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Any idea who the trialist was? Was it Allan again?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:01 am

LiviLion wrote:Any idea who the trialist was? Was it Allan again?

Not sure but Tiffoney and Hamilton were playing so theoretically that was two forwards. Looking at the squad we only had three defenders though so maybe the trialist was a defender?
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Reserves in action again but no sign of Allen so i think its safe to assume he's moved on
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 pm

5-1 Livi and Jack Hamilton getting a hattrick. Surely he has to start against Motherwell.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:18 pm

I wouldn’t say our reserve league is a good measure of whether a player is ready for the first team however... Jack has shown enough to suggest giving him a go has to be better than what we’ve been doing for the last 4 games in which we haven’t scored.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Confidence is a big thing though and he's already scored in the Premiership, and played against a few teams incl Celtic, so after scoring a hattrick he'll be confident enough to take on shots against Motherwell.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:49 am

Agreed, that’s why I said it would be better than what has been happening since we pumped Dundee. Who would have thought after that win that we would then take only 1 point from the next 4 games when the first 2 of those were eminently winnable & the point came against the champs?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Another win tonight, 4-1 against East Kilbride.

No idea what the team was or who got our first and fourth goals, Jack Hamilton got the other 2 though.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Seems to have been missed but our reserves won their Challenge Cup game against raif to win the group with 3 wins out of 3. They'll now play the final (currently scheduled for 25th February) against the winner of the other group, which will be either Ayr (9 points with one game left to play against Airdrie) or Airdrie (6 points with 2 games left to play against Ayr and East Kilbride).
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Who was it that we played in a youth team final before and they filled theirn team with experienced first team players? Seems to come into my mind that it happened but can't remember who, or if i'm just making it up.Laughing raif kinda coming through but really not sure about that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Raffa getting the last 30 mins in tonight's reserve game, has come on and scored our 2nd goal too. Things are shaping up well with his recovery.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:04 am

Stirling Albion 0-3 Livi. Goals by Knox 2, Raffa .

Raffa played the full 90 mins by the looks of it, started and scored in the 51st min anyway and nothing about him being subbed on the OS twitter. It's about time he's getting played in the first team instead of pissing about in the reserves if he's fit to play 90 mins..
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:05 am

I thought Knox was out on loan???
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I thought Knox was out on loan???

Still allowed to play for our reserves, also still trains with us sometimes seeing as Berwick are part time. Hopefully it's a sign that he's turning a corner but I've got my hopes up about that before Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Ah.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:50 pm

Drew 1-1 with Berwick tonight, De Vita was supposed to play the full 90 minutes but ended up with what Holt described as 'Italian man flu'

XI: Gary Maley, Carlo Pagnatiello, Greg Forrest, Cameron Clark, Ciaron Brown, Reece Rintoul, Lewis Bell, Cameron Blues, Jack Hamilton, Craig Henderson, Matthew Knox

Craig Henderson with our goal, and Maley saved a penalty too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Henderson looks a promising player, he was a bit behind Hamilton with his development but can't be far away from getting some first team sub appearances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:45 am