The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
LiviLion
ol1vercloff
Liviforever
orco
Auld Nick
forzalfc
10 posters

Squad for 2019-2020

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Squad for 2019-2020 - Page 8 Empty Re: Squad for 2019-2020

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Depends on how unfit he has become with not playing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:25 am

Can't say Stewart has had the most auspicious start for QoS. Two games and conceded three goals in each.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:42 am

What were their results like with McCrorie? I think they have struggled all season to be consistent TBF.

Goalie performance isn’t just measured on goals conceded; Sarkic conceded 3 at St Mirren but had no chance of saving them due to unexpected interventions diverting the ball; McCrorie only conceded 2 at Accies but 1 was a direct result of his own error. Neither of them had much else to do in those games.

Poor defending can leave keepers exposed with little or no chance of making a save, good defending can allow a keeper a quiet game.

David DeGea is one of the best keepers around but his save percentage (saves made divided by shots on target) is currently one of the worst in the EPL this season.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What were their results like with McCrorie? I think they have struggled all season to be consistent TBF.

Goalie performance isn’t just measured on goals conceded; Sarkic conceded 3 at St Mirren but had no chance of saving them due to unexpected interventions diverting the ball; McCrorie only conceded 2 at Accies but 1 was a direct result of his own error. Neither of them had much else to do in those games.

Poor defending can leave keepers exposed with little or no chance of making a save, good defending can allow a keeper a quiet game.

David DeGea is one of the best keepers around but his save percentage (saves made divided by shots on target) is currently one of the worst in the EPL this season.

Not saying Stewart is a bad keeper BB; he's more than competent and a good backup. However I am saying its a less than auspicious start.

Unfortunately, as with strikers, I think a lot of their performance has to do with confidence.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:18 pm

I think we could've took a volunteer from the crowd on Sat and stuck him in our goal and he would've kept a clean sheet. Laughing

As much as I liked Sarkic, mainly for his kicking, he was hugely protected by our players throwing themselves in front of the shots, esp at home. Our home record of only conceding 5 league goals is shared by both him and Stewart taking a turn in goals. I noticed Gillespie was absolutely keech at kicking the ball out, he couldn't reach the halfway line, he actually threw it further.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:What were their results like with McCrorie? I think they have struggled all season to be consistent TBF.

Not saying Stewart is a bad keeper BB; he's more than competent and a good backup. However I am saying its a less than auspicious start.

Unfortunately, as with strikers, I think a lot of their performance has to do with confidence.

Yeah, I get that, I’m just saying he might have conceded 3 goals & still been the best player on the pitch & become a Queens hero for keeping the score down... don’t think he was mind, just that conceding 3 in both his games doesn’t necessarily mean he made an inauspicious start.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:35 am

Looks like Nisbet is well out of our price range now, being reported that Hibs put in anoffer of 350K for him, and it got turned down, then Dundee Utd came in with a 500K bid, which the Pars still turned down, wanting to keep him for the play offs at the end of the season.

Would think Utd would've been happy to loan him back to them with them having Shankland still, and the league virtually wrapped up, so Dunfermline must reckon they can get even more money for him in the Summer.

Shows what we should be selling Dykes for though, if Championship clubs are looking at half a million plus for a striker, and Utd are talking about millions for Shankland (4 & 5 million I've seen talked about). We really are underselling ourselves if we don't look for at least 2M for Dykes. Seen some English media articles saying they would get him on the cheap from us at about 450K, shows how much they hold us in contempt.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Efe “Bomb scare” Ambrose on board for the next 18 months... to be fair he was usually not too bad in the league, it was Europe where he struggled a bit.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 pm

We better no finish 3rd then. lol!
    Exciting signing, looking forward to seeing his goal celebration at Easter rd on Saturday.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 am

Liviforever wrote:We better no finish 3rd then. lol!
    Exciting signing, looking forward to seeing his goal celebration at Easter rd on Saturday.

What was the name of that striker on loan from Crystal Palace who did a flip after scoring against Rangers and ended up crocking himself?

At 31 maybe the celebrations should be toned down a tad?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:47 am

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:We better no finish 3rd then. lol!

What was the name of that striker on loan from Crystal Palace who did a flip after scoring against Rangers and ended up crocking himself?

At 31 maybe the celebrations should be toned down a tad?

That was Ibra Sekajja, Efe's goal celebration is even more spectacular, back flips, cartwheels, and a mid air back somersault, 31, pfft, just a youngster still.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am

The DR reporting that Motherwell are after Lamie on a PCA to get him for free in the Summer.

He's a great utility player for us, but I doubt he'll want to stay if Motherwell are offering him more money and regular games. He's now 4th/5th choice CB, and has dropped to 2nd choice LB/LWB too.

Maybe he'll wait to see if Livi secure European football for next season before making up his mind though. Laughing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:50 am

This came as a bit of a surprise - I'd heard he was around but assumed he'd gone home. Maybe it was an international clearance thing.

Livi Site wrote:Livingston FC is pleased to announce the signing of 18-year-old, American goalkeeper Brian Schwake.

Brian joins us from DePaul University in Chicago having graduated from Prospect High School and will wear the number 30 shirt.

The young stopper has been training with the first-team for three months now and is very highly rated amongst the coaching staff.

Whilst continuing to train with the first-team, Brian will get minutes under his belt playing with the reserve side with a potential loan spell on the cards for a competitive edge too.

We’re sure it won’t be long before we see Brian in and about the first-team on match days.

Welcome to Livingston, Brian!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Gary Maley dropping down the pecking order, seems to do a bit of coaching with helping out Dykes though, good guy to have around the club.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:40 pm

This season's team v last season's.

Not sure we're any better or it is more to do with other teams being worse that we're sitting 5th, points comparison wise I think we're about the same. However who would you say was our best players from both seasons, if you got to pick a best eleven.

Kelly in goals v Sarkic, i'd have Kelly.

Defenders are tough to pick from, Halkett was the best from last season but Gallagher playing the ball out from defence and going down the right wing was superb, he had a great pass on him too, as his time at Motherwell is showing, he's been a big part of their success. Guthrie has been immense for us this season though, so really tough choosing between them, and arguably Devlin in a back 4 replaces Gallagher.

Midfield is a bit easier, as much as I loved Byrne, i'd say Marv has been a better player for us this season, the main problem is the quality we have to choose from, just picking 4 more midfielders.

Up front is the easiest choice, Hardie v Dykes, hands down Dykes has been far better and more consistent, the works he puts in, his goals, and the amount of assists he has.

So my pick would be.

….                            Kelly

……….Gallagher.       Guthrie.       Halkett

Devlin      Bartley     Sibbald    Pittman   ATS

……..                      Lawless

…….                        Dykes

No idea if having Halkett and Guthrie both playing would work, but too tough a choice leaving one of them out. Biggest issue from that selection was not having either Lithgow or Brown in it for the long throw ins, Halkett and Guthrie score a lot of goals from set pieces and throw ins.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:27 pm

I'd have Dykes and Hardie. Stephen Dobbie is not nearly as prolific as he was last season without Dykes and Hardie is a natural finisher who would feed off Dykes as he did with Lee Miller. Apparently they are loving him at Plymouth.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Only Livi related news I can see just now is Stoke looking to get Dykes. The way they actually have the headlines is annoying too, Stoke in pusuit of 12 goal Sevcovid-12 target Dykes, away and shite ya bunch of arseholes. If they're going to run a story on Dykes, at least have the good manners to name the team he flipping well plays for.

Michael O'Neill seems a bit of a fanny too from the patter I've read being quoted from him, seems to think SPFL Premiership level, is somewhere around lower League One, and he'll raid Scottish football for young talented players. Even going so far as to say he'll take advantage of the situation (Covid-19 shutdown) and offer us peanuts, and we'll be grateful for it, with us all being in a pinch with no money coming in. That was the summary of his words anyway, twat.

Cosgrove and Shankland are off his shopping list now apparently, and thinks Dykes will be a far cheaper option for him. Really hope we don't undersell ourselves to these vultures, looking for firesale prices.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Dykes needs to set his sights higher than Stoke & higher than Scottish Football. A move to either Govan or Parkhead would be a backward step as he wouldn’t get the game time.

We should have a minimum of £2m on him just now. Leeds would be a good move for him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Dykes needs to set his sights higher than Stoke & higher than Scottish Football. A move to either Govan or Parkhead would be a backward step as he wouldn’t get the game time.

We should have a minimum of £2m on him just now. Leeds would be a good move for him.

According to Transfermarkt, Dykes is currently valued at just £428,000, which is significantly lower than the players currently at the bet365 Stadium.

Dear knows where they get that figure from, and who exactly decides this. Surely it's the selling club that decides what he's worth, or what they're willing to let him go for. He's on the brink of an international call up too, and would've had one if the c-19 shutdown hadn't happened. Shankland is supposedly worth millions, playing in a league below Dykes, so we shouldn't be considering anything like that paltry sum quoted there.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:18 pm

I see Gregor Buchanan was valued at £225k last summer - just saying like Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 am