The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Accies v Livi.

Troy

Accies v Livi. Empty Accies v Livi.

Post by Troy Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:00 pm

Kinda feels surreal at the moment.When i think back to this time last year and the ecitement of the playoffs ahead of us it really feels like the end of the season is nigh.Of course there is still financial rewards to be gained and in that respect hopefully the players will give it their preverbial all in these last games.In respect to the teams below us who have their own aganda i suspect Gary will go with his strongest team sos will be interesting to see the starting line up tommorow.Brian Rice in the papers giving Livi much praise for the season weve had but i guess he will have a plan to stop us playing our game in what is a very important encounter with us for them.Still think Dundee will go down automaticly but the playoffs are looking very interesting as it stands.Just glad we are not involved in them although the excitement if you negotiate your way through them is amazing if not a bit fruaght with nerves.Any way good luck to Gary and the lads tommorow and of course Cmon Livi lets do it!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Accies v Livi. Empty Re: Accies v Livi.

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Aye it all seems a bit meh heading into the last few games, we're safe but really should've won against St Mirren if we were wanting to get above Motherwell and St Johnstone. Deja vu from our last few games before the split when we lost to them and didn't make the top six. So I don't expect us to get 7th place now either, would love to be wrong, or even just get 8th, but I have a feeling we'll settle for 9th, which pre season would've been fantastic, now though it feels a bit of a low to end with after an amazing first half of the season.

On the bright side i'll save a few quid on the remaining away matches, still looking forward to the home game against Dundee though, would absolutely love it if our game is the one that officially relegates them, that would give me a wee pick up to end our season. bounce

On this game, should be beating them (starting to be a habit not doing so though) the bottom 3 teams are absolutely rank, just need to take our chances and not feck ourselves with silly naïve defending.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:25 am

Aye, it’s all a bit flat after the euphoria of securing top flight status before the split. We lost to a poor St Midden side so it would be nice to win this one.

On our day we are not too far from being the best side in the bottom half.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm

You know how flat it has gotten when Troy is starting a thread, and the night before the game too. The match thread is usually well under way before Troy comes on to add his post and tell the boys to do it. Very Happy
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Sorry L/F.But the lack of interest on the run up to this game this week led me compelled to open up a thread on it,and other forums were the same up until last night.The fact that the match thread was usually well under way says it all for me along with the fact that a few others feel rather underflated at the moment.See in the papers this morning that we may be looking for offers for Sean Byrne to try and get some money in ,that doesnt lighten the mood in the camp either.LoL.T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:01 pm

I thought Byrne started the season well but was dipping badly in form when he got that ridiculous 4th official red card & he’s been kept out ever since. Shame really, him & Pittman worked well together & Byrne’s occasional mazy dribbles were a joy, I loved seeing him look like he had gotten trapped only to dip his shoulder & leave guys for dead despite his lack of pace.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Poor first half by Livi, and deservedly going in 1-0 down. Just need Motherwell and St Johnstone to get a goal now and move further away from us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:10 pm

2-0 Accies now, aw feck it, Mon the Accies, Motherwell and St Johnstone, send Dundee down.

3-3 in the Motherwell v Dundee game, the Kevin Keaghan way of playing in that game, feck defending just keep scoring goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Dolly coming on has livened things up, 2-1 now with Pittman the hitman scoring.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Game of two halves, 2-2 with Stevie Lawson equalising. BSLM on now too, just need Raffa now, and he's a cert to score away from home.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Pittman the hitman strikes again, this is a mental game. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Some game football, we've moved above Motherwell now, mental stuff.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Bloody hell all change in ET. Accies equalise, St Mirren equalise, and Motherwell go ahead. Good news for Accies and St Mirren opening up another point away from Dundee, not so much for us with Well going back to 8th.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Falkirk need to beat Ross County and hope both QotS and Alloa lose their games, rea;lly looking like both Falkirk and Dundee are going down, which is absolutely hilarious.

I think QotS could join them too, I doubt very much if they could win the play offs, however I read Dobbie has recovered from his hamstring injury and would make the play offs, so that might just save them. Either way, if Alloa end up 9th I think they'd have enough fight in them to stay up though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:35 am

Alloa have thrown away two chances at staying up having led & lost their last two games.
    QoS end with a home game against Partick - which could end in tears for Thistle if QoS & Alloa win
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 am

Have to say a massive well done to the lads yesterday for that comeback when many other teams would have crumbled under those circumstances.Will probably feel a tad dissapointed that they couldnt hold on for the three points but thems the breaks.Pittman showing his worth again and Kelly once again keeping us in the game was pleasing.Good to see Miller back among the fold again and would be interesting if his legs could hold out for one more season with him and Dykes up front could cause a lot of problems for opposition.All in All an entertainig game and i cant wait to see the highlights back so well done Gary and the lads We move on to Perth.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Def think BSLM has the legs for it, if he is able to play without breaking down again, reckon him and Dykes could rotate to partner Dolly up front.

Still need to be getting another striker in though, one who's a bit more composed to score goals. Can't see Hardie making it at Sevco, he wont get the chance if his form dips, and going by his goal scoring form since Jan, it isn't looking good for him, would love it if he finally decides he needs more game time and signs with us permanently, like both Halkett and Kelly did.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Reckon we should've had a penalty in the first half, watched the Sportscene highlights and their defender def moves his arm towards the ball when it hit it, unreal that Sevco have had about 16 pens and a lot of them have been wrong decisions, and we can't get one for love nor money.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 am