The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ross County v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Ross County v Livi Empty Ross County v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:11 pm

On past games between the teams, and current form, this has a Livi win written all over it, but as we all know from following Livi and being football fans, nothing can be taken for granted, and football has a habit of kicking you in the baws throwing up unexpected results.

Hopefully we continue to play with the same tempo and commitment we have in our last 3 league games and we wont be far away from another good result. Watching County's game on sportscene I see big Coll Donaldson is still a bit of a bomb scare, which fills me with hope with the pressure Dykes will put him under. Mon Livi, keep up the run of form and get us another 3 points. bounce

Form guide just to further give Bertie the foreboding feeling of impending doom, that it is all just going a bit too good for us just now, and County too are bound to turn a corner. Laughing

Premiership Form Guide
    Points Last Six

Celtic 15
    Livingston 15
    Rangers 13
    Motherwell 10
    St.Johnstone 8
    Hibernian 8
    Aberdeen 6
    St.Mirren 6
    Hearts 6
    Hamilton 6
    Kilmarnock 3
    Ross County 2
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Ross County v Livi Empty Re: Ross County v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:12 pm

Yeah we are in a rich vein of form, thankfully the lacklustre performance against Raith shook off the winter break cobwebs & we have kicked on in the league.

Ross had a decent start to the season (even though we gave them a good gubbing up there) but they have been on a poor run lately as evidenced by your last 6 games table.

They are probably wondering where their next point is coming from & will be desperate to take something from us given our 8-1 aggregate score against them.

Hopefully that desperation keeps them vulnerable & our high tempo “heavy metal” football will be too much for them.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:13 am

The fact that they'd signed Coll Donaldson during the January Window totally passed me by. The thought of him coming up against Lyndon Dykes certainly whets the appetite.

County will doubtless be wanting some form of revenge for the last two meetings but likewise they'll be desperate to avoid another defensive nightmare.

The referee is Nick Walsh; not a referee I've got the greatest respect for since he allowed himself to be influenced by Gerard's plea to "protect my boys from the big rough livi thugs"; booking three of our player and none of the huns. He also refereed the game at St Mirren's methodrome which ended up at 3-3 and was one of the games where we threw away a two goal lead.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Saw highlights of County v selic a week or so ago and they did have chances so im sure the Lions wont be taking them lightly.Having said that the way weve been performing recently fills me with confidence that we can certainly go up there and give a good account of ourselves.Not sure if big Marv is suspended for this which would be a shame as hes been outstanding recently with his displays.Suppose it will give someone else the chance to impress Gary with the options at our disposal.Every game is important of course and this is no different but it would help us cement our place in the top six after what has been a magnificent period for us.As always i wish Gary and the boys the best of luck and a safe journey to all those fortunate to make the trip.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:57 am

Apparently Marv's suspension doesn't kick in till the Rangers game.

I'm hoping we don't come down to earth with a bump after all the positive publicity we've been getting. Also a danger of us being a wee bit complacent since we've already put 8 past them so far. County will also be up for revenge for that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah, I’m worried about that too Orco. On current form we should win but how often do we find that a team that can’t see where their next point is coming from suddenly gets a result?

We probably go into this as favourites but a win would be a massive result.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:32 am

Stewart being out injured is a huge blow for them, but when we played accies both their goals came from players getting their first goals of the season. And we just can't seem to keep a clean sheet away from home, so taking nothing for granted here, we wont just get handed the points, we'll need to work for them. But i'm sure Holt has the players well aware of that, he says it often enough in interviews.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:27 pm

1 down in 2 minutes Sad
    Probably the earliest goal we have conceded this season

Not much coming in on the Twitter feed but Sky App suggests a couple of shots on target; but it doesn’t sound very exciting.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:05 pm

2-0 - it looks like it’s one of those games; it seemed to be all us with corners and shots but nothing coming of them & then County go up the park and score

I can see the doomsayers gathering already
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:45 pm

Yeah it's murder watching bbc match reports and twitter feeds, the amount of times it said a narrow miss by Dykes, Pittman, Brown...…………...you just knew County would get a 2nd, horrible start to the game really set the tone for the rest of the night.

Hibs losing a late, late goal at Ibrox helps, but both St Johnstone and Killie won, so things tightened up a bit with the chasing pack.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:28 pm

I think Ross County have learned how to play us at our own game. They pressed and fought for everything. Our guys were strangely subdued. Dykes never won a header against his defender all night. Lawless was uncharacteristically quiet and Sibbald looked nothing like he has in recent games. Bartley, Pittman and the centre backs got pass marks. The others were just flat. County played it right. They started time wasting from the 8th minute and we're up to every trick in the book - and why not. Billy McKay scored with roughly the only chances they had. McCrorie had no chance with either goal. He didn't have another save to make. It was a deserved defeat. We were completely out of sorts and nothing came off for us. No break of the ball and needless to say no help from the referee who allowed County to be as physical as they liked.
    If Caley had folk watching they might have been pleased at what they saw. Let's hope they don't take lessons from County for Saturday.
    PS Dolly got a run out and caused them problems in the closing stages
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:41 am

From the highlights on the bbc website, ATS flounces around as the ball gets put in high from the cross for the first goal, but Fraser holding off Guthrie gave McKay the space he needed for the shot, well played by him. 2nd goal was really poor defending from us, some pass by Vigurs though.  

It's like night and day watching us defend away from home compared to our home games, really don't know why that is, we'd never defend so poorly at home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51290573
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Ach well i guess it wasnt to be last night.Think quite a few supporters had the fear pre last night and i include myself in that.Defending the first goal was comedic at best and so unlike us,not sure if the second was offside,will wait and see the proper highlights before i put my amber tinted specs on.Im loath to critisize these lads after what theve done for us over the last few weeks and im not going to.The old addage bad day at the office seems to flung about and if indeed that was the case then fair do,s.No real damage done around us and we are still hopefull of being where we want to be at seasons end.Any ways well done County,their decent people up there which i suppose kinda softens the blow.We move on to cup buisness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm