The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Glasgow Times Article - worth a read

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Glasgow Times Article - worth a read Empty Glasgow Times Article - worth a read

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:44 am

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Glasgow Times Article - worth a read Empty Re: Glasgow Times Article - worth a read

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Could nit pick at a few things, like Liam Kelly being released the same as Halkett, as Kelly asked to be released so he could get first team football with Livi, and Dec Gallagher knocked back a few offers from Dundee, he wasn't surplus to requirement there, he just wanted a fresh start with what had happened to him off field, and Livi were the perfect club for him to do so. But it's good to have some positive press about Livi, and recognition for the hard work going on at the club, both on and off the pitch.

It is an incredible turnaround in fortunes, I watched that John Ward interview again on YouTube last week, it really showed what a state the club was in when he came along. Long may it continue and there is no limit to where we could go. Might even challenge Sevco for a CL place in 2nd place next season. Shocked
    orco
    orco

Glasgow Times Article - worth a read Empty Re: Glasgow Times Article - worth a read

Post by orco Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Just watched Sportscene there. A couple of times they were discussing the 3rd place spot and whether Motherwell or Aberdeen would get it. Both times one of them said "and Hibs are still in there"!!
    Top six will do me but how I would love it if we did manage to get that 3rd place to get it right up them for ignoring the fact that we are still one point better off than Hibs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:38 am

Yeah on home form we're 3rd best in the league, but could do with improving our away results to get 3rd place, draws are no bad but a couple more away wins would be good. I think that's why we're being written off. However they're not even having us as a possibility, which is ridiculous.

McCann is a twat anyway so I don't take much stock of him giving us no chance, I think Thompson is a bit more respectful to Livi now, but like I say, our away results are what he'll see going against us. On recent form though, neither Motherwell or Aberdeen are great shakes, both have lost around 9 points of a lead over us, so I think we can catch at least one of them before the split. Our home game against Aberdeen will be huge, we really need to finally get a win over them, if we do then I def think we'll be above them going into the split.

It's funny but listening to the Sheff Utd manager in a post match interview, it sounded oh so familiar, his team not given a hope in hell of staying up, tagged as having an uncouth, robust style of play, and are just outside of a European place. Mon Livi & Sheffield Utd. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:28 am

Yeah - I noticed it earlier in the season but the MOTD pundits were praising them rather than dismissing them. I think they have all learned from the Leicester title win that you can’t write off the unlikely teams.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:30 am

Interesting looking at the upcoming fixtures. Potentially we have one of the most challenging remaining five games leading up to the split.

That being said we SHOULD be winning at home against Hearts and Aberdeen, Likewise we SHOULD be able to get something from our visits to St Johnston and Killie. Who knows what will happen against Celtic; we've done it once before but they'll be a lot better prepared for us next time.

After the split we should be given three home games and two away. Assuming we can finish in the top half one of those should be the huns at home and likewise Hibs? Celtic will probably be away leaving Aberdeen and Motherwell - on the fixtures both should be away but that would mean us playing two more away games than home this season.

I wonder what new rule the SFA will make up this year to manage this one....
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:57 pm

The split has always thrown up anomalies where teams play 3 home games against one of the teams to try & bring everyone to 19 home & away.... of course in our very first season in the top flight the way the post split fixtures were arranged meant we finished the season having played 18 home & 20 away but we never had a balancing 20 home & 18 away in our top flight seasons since.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 pm

I think I read that as things stand Celtic would have 4 home and one away game after the split. I wonder if the balancing would give us an extra game at home v Celtic.
    But we're getting beyond ourselves cos we're not there yet and I'm superstitious. Wink
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:45 pm

One good thing if/when we make the top 6, we wont be like last season, having our heads in holiday mode for the last 5 games, we'll still have something to play for, and will be full on going for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm