The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v Hearts

Durnford

Livi v Hearts - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Durnford Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Actually I've just remembered the furore Dundee kicked up over the Kachloul saga
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves, if Livi were in Hearts position (about to be relegated in a curtailed season & still in with a chance of staying up if the season played out) we would fully expect our board to fight tooth & nail to avoid being relegated. The same is true for every club.

If this is the fairest solution to the situation why do Brechin survive without a play off? They are being afforded the very thing that Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are being denied & that, in my view, is unfair & completely unethical.

League reconstruction has happened in the past for far more frivolous reasons than this & until Scottish clubs start thinking holistically rather than selfishly, Scottish football will continue to be a badly constructed farce.

The team sitting bottom doesn't get to participate in play offs, besides, the whole point of all this was to call the league because you couldn't play games, so how could play offs be played. I'm not buying that old one, that we'd all act the same way, Budge has made a complete arse of this and could easily have avoided it all.

Durnford wrote:
    I wonder whether many clubs would have dragged it out like this to be honest. At the end of the day Hearts were god awful pretty much all season; dragging out these last few games surely just delays the inevitable.

One thing's for certain; the SPFL / SFA know how to harbour a grudge.

Exactly, she's made this into a war to take all the attention away of how incompetent she's been during Hearts dismal season, classic everyones against us tactic to get the fans unified behind her.

Other than how funny it is, I really had no desire to see Hearts go down, financially it would've been better for Livi having them stay up. However, for the way Budge has conducted herself through this, and the Hearts fans all going full on hun arrogance, I would laugh my socks off if they get handed a points deduction for next season, after bringing the game into disrepute, of even expelled from the league.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:50 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves, if Livi were in Hearts position (about to be relegated in a curtailed season & still in with a chance of staying up if the season played out) we would fully expect our board to fight tooth & nail to avoid being relegated. The same is true for every club.

If this is the fairest solution to the situation why do Brechin survive without a play off? They are being afforded the very thing that Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are being denied & that, in my view, is unfair & completely unethical.

League reconstruction has happened in the past for far more frivolous reasons than this & until Scottish clubs start thinking holistically rather than selfishly, Scottish football will continue to be a badly constructed farce.

The team sitting bottom doesn't get to participate in play offs, besides, the whole point of all this was to call the league because you couldn't play games, so how could play offs be played. I'm not buying that old one, that we'd all act the same way, Budge has made a complete arse of this and could easily have avoided it all.

Durnford wrote:
    I wonder whether many clubs would have dragged it out like this to be honest. At the end of the day Hearts were god awful pretty much all season; dragging out these last few games surely just delays the inevitable.

One thing's for certain; the SPFL / SFA know how to harbour a grudge.

Exactly, she's made this into a war to take all the attention away of how incompetent she's been during Hearts dismal season, classic everyones against us tactic to get the fans unified behind her.

Other than how funny it is, I really had no desire to see Hearts go down, financially it would've been better for Livi having them stay up. However, for the way Budge has conducted herself through this, and the Hearts fans all going full on hun arrogance, I would laugh my socks off if they get handed a points deduction for next season, after bringing the game into disrepute, of even expelled from the league.

The point on Brechin is not that the others should be given a play off but that Brechin have been spared that... they finished bottom & ought to now be in a play off against Brora or Kelty. Those play off games could be “curtain-raisers” for the resumption of the lower divisions. Plays havoc with each teams planning for the new season but is still better than Brechin getting off Scot-free.

And frankly if anyone thinks only Budge would have dragged it on this long then they are living in a different world to me. Think demotion to the 3rd tier... the Livi 5 took their attempts to getting us reinstated to the 2nd tier as far as they could. If they had had the funds to finance a court case they would have but they instead committed to honouring contracts...and probably still wouldn’t have had enough funds for a court case anyway, as we all know it’s the lawyers who benefit from such things.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Don't think Bora or Kelty actually won their leagues either though, so you're saying both are fine with being called champions due to the league not being able to finish, but not fine with the play offs not being played, due to no football games being able to be played, can't have it both ways Bertie.

If play offs are to be allowed then so would league games to complete the season. But they aren't, so Brechin, and every team sitting in a play off place, both for promotions and possibility of demotions, are stuck where they are.

Ours and Hearts situations are completely different, so no point trying to compare them here, lets just look at what Hearts are facing, they have behaved like self appointed white knights of Scottish football, and in doing so, made enemies of most of the chairmen they're relying on to save them, just how bright is Budge in continually having digs in the media at fellow clubs while relying on their support for reconstruction, and you think we'd all behave in the same way, would like to think not.

She could easily have avoided it getting this far if she'd conducted herself with a bit of humility while canvassing votes, instead of acting like a twat right from the off, and being so confrontational, calling chairmen small minded and full of self interest, while pretending that she and Hearts weren't doing the exact same thing. She was knackered right from the start because of her attitude.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Notice she's also cherry picking what she wants in this court case too, clubs that were sitting top of their leagues to be called champions and European places to stand, while also getting paid out on prize money for league placing, but no promotions handed out.

Yeah very good, talk about having your cake and eating it, she's blatantly avoided bringing Celtic into this, not disputing them keeping their 9iar title. Should be one or the other, if she's challenging promotions and relegation, then titles shouldn't stand either, and that would leave the season being voided, or reconstruction, both of which aint going to happen. How can you win the title as champions of your league but not be awarded promotion, while the top flight team is awarded their chance to play in the Champions league for winning their title, it is just illogical nonsense.

Totally bottled taking on Celtic by cherry picking from titles and promotions/relegations, but hey, Hearts aren't being small minded and acting out of self interest.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Everybody is acting out of self interest, even us, we maybe had a chance of 3rd or 4th but we weren’t even stick on certainties for 5th & could quite easily have finished in the bottom 6. Some, like us, did try to think of the bigger picture, but the bigger picture needs people of vision to see it & Scottish football is too parochial & self serving; so don’t have sufficient people of vision.

Professional sport can start again tomorrow, so players will be able to train collectively again & we could have had a closed doors restart in 3 weeks time, completed the season by the end of August & delayed the start of next season to the end of September, played more midweek games, had no winter break & played on into next June if necessary. Or we could have taken the opportunity to really revamp the leagues. But no, end the season & do absolutely nothing except argue.

Leagues 1 & 2 down south have been “called” but they are still having play-offs so no reason at all why Brechin, Brora & Kelty shouldn’t be involved in play-offs a month or so from now. Same could be said for the other play offs up here too. They could be played as one off games at neutral venues to speed things along.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:14 pm

This is all could've would've speculation, Ireland were adamant they'd play their season out, and have now had to call it as it is. Nobody knows if the season will still go ahead and be completed this coming season either, if there's a 2nd wave hit then that's football knackered again. Imo we did the right thing calling it when we did, and all those criticising us have had to eat humble pie. Only reason England can finish their league is money, they have a Billion pound tv deal that has to be completed.

I've yet to see a construction proposal that's any better than what we've got, all these proposals were just flung together by Sevco and Hearts purely out of their self interest, in stopping Celtic getting 9iar, and Hearts from relegation. Even the 5th attempt was a total clusterfuck of an idea, and the 4th attempt was the erse cheeks trying to take advantage by sneaking in their colts.

Only reconstruction I would have, would be to split all the clubs into 2 leagues and play each other home & away just the once, then 2 straight relegations/promotions for the bottom and top 2 teams, and the 3rd & 4th bottom and top teams have a play off. But that'll need a revamp of the voting system or it'll never get passed. All this 14, 16 pish is just more of the same with complicated splits, and does absolutely nothing to improve what we have.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:14 pm

And your solution takes us back to the 70’s before the first incarnation of the Premier Division which was brought in to try & make the league more competitive because Celtic had just done 9-in-a-row.

That said I actually think you are right, but it will never happen because TV wants a guaranteed 4 gruesome twosome matches a season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:48 pm

What an absolute mess Hearts have got themselves into, up on charges with the SFA now, for breaking their rules about not going to a court.

Felt a bit sorry for them at first, which soon turned to laughing at them, and now I think they deserve all they get. Budge was guilty of poor judgement and decision making on and off the pitch, blame lies with her for their piss poor season, she's used this covid situation to deflect their fans attention away from her failings, and has made an absolute mess of that too.

I'd laugh my tits off if they get a 25 points penalty this season and end up relegated into League One next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am