The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Accies

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Accies - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Accies

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm

As poor as our defending was for Accies goals, i'm not impressed by McCrorie either, for both goals he's stood static with his arms down watching the ball go into his net.

Devlin gets dominated by Odoffin for the first from the corner, and barely makes any attempt to block Templeton's shot, but Mccrorie moves the wrong way and then adjusts back and watches the ball fly into the net without even making an attempt to stick an arm out. Same for the 2nd, looks like it's Robbo losing the Accies player that heads it into the net, and McCrorie looks well positioned for it, but again, arms down and not even an attempt to stick an arm out to save it.

I may be extremely critical here, but i'm looking for the keeper to make a difference and earn us the odd point, even when his defence is at fault. Apart from the Aberdeen game where McCrorie made 2 cracking blocks/saves, i haven't seen him getting near any of the goals he's/we've conceded, his record is 1 clean sheet and 11 goals conceded in 6 games, and Stryjek is 0 goals in 1 game, against the best team in the league just now.

Wondering when the limit will be for McCrorie to be dropped for Stryjek to get his chance, for me McCrorie hasn't done enough to keep his place, and only reason for him doing so is Holt having no confidence in Stryjek, which can't be the case with him doing so well against Sevco.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Agree about McCrorie - i've not been convinced by him.

Thought it was Sibbs that lost the Accies player for the 2nd
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Agreed with most of your summary LF... except at 1-1 I knew we were going to concede a second. Accies surprised me by not shutting up shop when they equalised.

McCrorie has not impressed me yet, shows how far Scotland have fallen that he was selected for the recent squad. We have had far better keepers who didn’t get near it whilst with us.

And one final thing... I thought Odofin was man of the match, on that performance I’d have him ahead of Efe & Fitz & possibly Brown.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Yeah too late now Bertie, he's gone, has been excellent for Accies since they signed him though, thought Templeton was also excellent for them, and showed our shower how to keep the ball down when shooting and hit the back of the net.

Nah Kev, Sibbs (can see the No10 on his shirt too) is standing in the D outside the box when they take the free kick, wee blonde guy letting the Accies player get a free header must be Robbo. Then he gets subbed a minute later. Dunno why Tiffoney gets the nod over Poplatnik, we signed him as a striker to get us goals and looking at his stats he's scored quite a few in his career, yet isn't getting a sniff of a chance to play. Certainly has got more goals than Tiffoney anyway.

Unfortunately for us, three of our best chances fell to Marv and Holt, neither of which you'd put your mortgage on to even score this season. I think Pitts hit his shot too hard, if it was a little softer i think it would've hit the underside of the bar and went in. Still gutted and annoyed we lost that game, the hurt hasn't dissipated any yet.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:48 am

McCrorie isn't a bad keeper but he isnt great either - certainly not worth all the plaudits he seems to be getting from the hacks over on the west side of Glasgow.

The thing that really gets me is, when Stryjek played, he fully communicated with his defence; bossed them when necessary. McCrorie doesn't seem to have the confidence to do that.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:06 pm

I guess we'll have to wait till the Betfred Cup to see Stryjek get his next chance. That's where we were able to see what Sarkic could do last season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:22 pm

More than likely Orco, would've liked to have seen him getting a game against Celtic though, as he did so well against the other erse cheek. Or we'll need McCrorie to pull off some good saves if we're going to have a chance of getting anything against them, should be plenty incentive for him to have the game of his life though, helping out his parent club too..
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:57 pm

orco wrote:

Is Stokes going to be a pig in a poke? Three weeks and he's not even fit for the bench. Talk of wee niggles. Strange. What's happened to Souda? Fitzwater still injured? Is Rafa still here? Has Lithgow had his operation yet? Is Keaghan near a return? Brown?
    So many questions.
    Hope nane of ours get that Covid.

Celtic away next week. affraid

https://t.co/ufUVGDydfG?amp=1

I had a feeling all was not well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 am

Yeah, great excuse.... I reckon his “baggage” is more likely the issue

LF I think you nailed the reason for Pitts hitting the bar... similar to Sterling putting it over the bar against Lyon. All he need to do was let the ball hit him but he probably swung hid leg/foot at it & got under it...

Still raging that we lost that game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 am

Really cant get my head round this.Thought it was April 1st. Apparently not.Trying to wonder if weve dodged a bullet here.Not being taken in by all this talk of plastic pitches etc.Obviously something else has happened. He knew what he was coming to and im baffled by this.We all know Livi is a rollercoaster for most part but this imo has the makings of a trainwreck season on the horizon.Sorry for being so blunt,but im tottally confused at the moment.Embarresing.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:23 am

Not sure I'd describe it as embarrassing; despite all his baggage there was a chance that Stokes could still have performed and he doubtless had a lot of skill once. I can see why the club wanted to take the chance.

That being said, with so many rumours of Mr Stokes apparently being spotted drinking in pubs etc. potentially breaking the special Covid-19 arrangements for football players, I'm pretty happy that this has been brought to a swift and clean conclusion - it could have been a whole lot worse.

Now just need our other striking options to step up; Lokotsch has already show potential; just needs to be able to stay on the pitch for 90 mins; Poplatnik and Kouider Aissia really need to kick on and show they were worth their place.

Liviforever likes this post

Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Slightly off topic but I'm too lazy to create a new thread - has any club ever been relegated from the premiership with an artificial pitch? I know its happened often with the Championship but cant recall it happening in the top tier.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Durnford wrote:Not sure I'd describe it as embarrassing; despite all his baggage there was a chance that Stokes could still have performed and he doubtless had a lot of skill once. I can see why the club wanted to take the chance.

That being said, with so many rumours of Mr Stokes apparently being spotted drinking in pubs etc. potentially breaking the special Covid-19 arrangements for football players, I'm pretty happy that this has been brought to a swift and clean conclusion - it could have been a whole lot worse.

Now just need our other striking options to step up; Lokotsch has already show potential; just needs to be able to stay on the pitch for 90 mins; Poplatnik and Kouider Aissia really need to kick on and show they were worth their place.

Agree with all of this D, it was a high risk signing with his rep as a volatile character and trainwreck waiting to happen, but even short term it could've had value if he'd scored some goals. Certainly didn't expect it to fall apart before he'd even kicked a ball for us, but maybe it dodged us a bullet. The training on plastic excuse doesn't wash. not when most teams train on them, and by winter time that's the only pitches anyone will be able to train on. More likely he just wasn't up to hacking the intensive training to get as fit as Livi demand from our players. Still disappointing that it didn't work out.

Durnford wrote:Slightly off topic but I'm too lazy to create a new thread - has any club ever been relegated from the premiership with an artificial pitch? I know its happened often with the Championship but cant recall it happening in the top tier.

Accies prob have, they've been up and down and back up again, think they've had the plastic pitch long enough throughout that period, sure the Pars ripped theirs up when they were promoted and had a grass pitch when they went back down though, so can only think of Hamilton, they def had one when they won the 2nd tier, and went up 7 years ago.

Scrap that, just did some research and they ripped up their artificial pitch same as Dunfermline did back in 2008, so had a grass pitch when they went back down, then had installed an artificial one again and just upgraded it when they went back up again in 2013, and by then the top flight allowed them. And they haven't been relegated since.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:36 pm

So another first for Livi on the horizon.... way to cheer me up guys.

It’s nearly Wednesday & I’m still fuming about Saturday
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Looking at the form guide from the last 5 games, County and Dundee Utd are on the worst run from the bottom 8 teams, with only 2 and 3 points taken from those games, we've taken 5 and the rest are on 4, 5 and 6 points. I've a feeling the Utd away game could be where we get our first away win in the league this season.

The teams that started well from those 8, have settled down into much the same form as the ones that started poorly, and some are even in a poor run of results now (County & Utd), allowing us to catch up with them. I think we'll settle into playing better and our results will pick up a bit after the first quarter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am