The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Stenhousemuir v Livi

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Stenhousemuir v Livi Empty Stenhousemuir v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:30 am

Will it be game on or game off?

I suspect the latter.

We should win this tie… but they have previous for causing upsets so we need to be switched on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Stenhousemuir v Livi Empty Re: Stenhousemuir v Livi

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:42 pm

Suppose it depends on how much sunlight they get on their plastic pitch, even ours would've gone ahead at 3pm. Don't think they have any stands blocking the sun, cowshed behind the goals where we go and a stand along one side, think the rest of the pitch is open ground.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Just seen their website and they are no problems concerning the game tomorrow. Granted theve a slightly different climate than us,but where have I heard that before🤔🤣.Would check before heading over.On the presumption its on i sincerely hope that the Lions will be totally focused and professional while giving them the respect they deserve, and proceed to give them a right good pumping.Big Sean Crichton in their ranks,so he'll be up for it. Don't know how Davie will set us up.Just no banana skin Livi.Fully expect us to be in the hat come 4.45 albeit got some great memories of us at Stenny, especially our title win over there years ago.A repeat will do just fine.No slip ups lads.Mon the Lions.🏆🦁👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:36 pm

Davie keeping his cards close to his chest and not letting us know how Anderson is doing, after limping off in our last game. If he's ok to start then we'll pump them, if he's injured i don't see us risking starting Nouble, and got my doubts we'd have him on the subs bench, or if he is it'll prob just be window dressing and he wont play. That'll leave us Guthrie and Goncalves, so that should be interesting.

Young Kelly is in fine form to shoot on sight of goal right enough so we've still goals in the team even if the strikers can't be relied on for any.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:07 pm

We're expected to win but the Scottish cup is notorious for upsets. Let's hope we're not involved in any. They will raise their game and fight for everything. We need to do likewise. But you know Livi. We can never relax until we are three up with five minutes to go.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:06 am

Orco, you relax BEFORE the final whistle???? You’re made of sterner stuff than me!

Last edited by Auld Nick on Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

orco likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:35 pm

Certainly made hard work of that,but end off the day through to the next round and thats all that matters. Potential banana skin avoided thank fech.Naismith got his tactics spot on that first half.Second half night and day with Bradley with a wonder strike to settle the nerves.He lookes a terrific signing.Credit to Stenny for making a game of it.I asked for Livi to be professional today.Took that second half for them to stamp their authority.Cant wait for the draw.Home tie please.Well done lads.🏆🦁👏👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:35 pm

First half we were all about keeping possession but doing next to nothing with it. Their goal was a cracking header from a corner but the lad seemed to rise unmarked to bullet it in. Second half was better but that probably stemmed from Pitts opener. IMO that settled us and we took the game to them more directly. Terrific free kick from Bradley, I (and I think most of the Stenhousemuir lads) were expecting Kelly to ping it in the other side and that’s what it looked like was going to happen until he dummied and let Bradley whip it in top bin.

Third goal was also a gem, as Penrice fed Bradley who timed his run superbly and finished neatly.

Did he also hit the bar later?

Safely through, thankfully which is more than can be said for Ross County going out on pens to Accies.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Have to credit Stenny in the first half, we weren't getting room to shoot with so many bodies in front of us, and some cracking tackles and blocks from them, particularly the one just before HT where we fired it across inside the 6 yard box, the type that often get turned into their own nets. Thought they started to tire going into the interval though, as we got 2 or 3 balls in behind them, including the one i just mentioned.

2nd half they dropped off a good bit and it opened up space for us getting shots on their goal, or maybe we upped the tempo too, or a bit of both, 3 good looking shots for our goals, not often we hit a free kick that goes in either, so good to see Bradley scoring from one.

Oh and first half we could've taken corners all day and not scored, we just didn't have any big players that could go attack them, Fitzwater doesn't, neither does Boyes, rest of our players were pretty small. Biggest ones were on the bench, Guthrie, Obileye, and De Lucas. Prob why they scored from their only corner too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:01 pm

I'd have Obileye starting over Boyes and I'd have had Montano on at some point.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:06 pm

I wouldn’t have Obileye anywhere near a starting jersey. Boyes makes errors but is a young lad learning, Obileye shouldn’t be a bombscare but he is.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:49 pm

Obileye can on occasion be a bit unpredictable but I forgive him that because he is better in the air than anyone else at the club.
    Not sure what Boyes strengths are. He always seems to be pointing and telling other players where to be.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:59 pm

Boyes isn't good in the air and neither is Fitzwater, so on that score i'd agree with Orco, we need at least one of the CB's to be or we'll concede goals like yesterday when defending corners. Same in attack, we were toothless for all our corners, nobody attacked the ball and Stenny defenders got free headers clearing their box.

Also agree with Auld Nick about Obileye being a bombscare, he was just on the pitch and gave the ball away under no pressure, so on that score i'm hoping De Lucas can come in and pair up with Boyes. De Lucas could be the perfect pairing with Boyes, 6ft 4, says he's aggressive (hopefully controlled), and looked good bringing the ball out of defence in all the vids i saw of the games he played for us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:37 am

Boyes headed just over the top at the end of the first half, good solid header, attacking the ball, was one of our closest attempts in the first half.

Obileye’ s heading isn’t good, completely unpredictable regarding where it will go.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:25 am

Wasn't surprised to hear the half time hair dryer treatment givin to the players.Had the desired effect on them.Obviously,and was much needed at the time..Will need to up our game in the next round if we are to progress. Tough tie whoever we get i reckon.🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:15 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Boyes headed just over the top at the end of the first half, good solid header, attacking the ball, was one of our closest attempts in the first half.

Obileye’ s heading isn’t good, completely unpredictable regarding where it will go.

Yeah we had 8 corners and a few free kicks putting balls into the box and all but one of them went unchallenged, with no Livi players attacking the ball, Ayo would at least cause a bit of disruption going for the ball, opening up a stramash for someone like Anderson, or even Fitzwater to prod the ball into the net. Altogether we had 14 corners to their 1, and they were the ones that scored from a corner, we have to do better there. We used to be excellent from set pieces  & long throw ins into the box. Guthrie (CB) was aggressive attacking the ball, Ayo isn't as good but at least gets in there.

Great seeing Bradley score from a free kick though, we've been pretty rubbish taking those too, wonder if we'll give him a go at taking our pens now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:19 pm

Troy wrote:Wasn't surprised to hear the half time hair dryer treatment givin to the players.Had the desired effect on them.Obviously,and was much needed at the time..Will need to up our game in the next round if we are to progress. Tough tie whoever we get i reckon.🤷‍�.

Farce of a draw with Shaun “Pouting” Maloney pulling us out at home to “number 6” when it was clearly number 9 & the official caption saying Livingston v Falkirk, only for Aberdeen or Darvel (currently 1-0 to Darvel!) to then get drawn at home to Falkirk - the correction on our tie only being visually corrected at the end to show we are at home to either Caley or Queen’s Park - both going well in the second tier so it will not be easy in the slightest.

I said much the same about Bradley after his free kick, it certainly “stayed hit” and his second was a nice composed finish from close in. So, yeah, I’d like to see him on spot kicks next.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:46 pm

Aye Aberdeen papped oot by Darvel, Goodwin wont last long now. Aberdeen will be after Martindale i reckon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm