The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Happy 14th of March

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Happy 14th of March Empty Happy 14th of March

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:13 pm

What a day, happy 14th of March everyone.

Happy 14th of March Web_ca23
    orco
    orco

Happy 14th of March Empty Re: Happy 14th of March

Post by orco Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:10 pm

I didn't appreciate the enormity of it on the day. That came later.
    Couldn't believe how quickly that full stand of Hibs fans opposite us emptied. Very Happy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:21 pm

My auld MIL was waving and singing cheerio to them. lol!

My wife was at the serveries still when we scored our 2 goals, i thought about going to tell her to forget getting pies and come back as the game had started, after we scored our first goal, but was feart i'd miss us scoring again so didn't bother, glad i didn't as we scored again. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:05 am

So was I but I saw the goals and was leaping about the concourse like a mad man!
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:00 pm

As I recall the whole day seemed surreal. From leaving leaving the stadium carpark in one of the many coaches,think there was nearly thirty of them full to the gunnels heading along the M8.Arriving at Mount Florida in time for a swally down Battlefield Road.Then headed to the game.I couldn't believe how many Livi fans were there that day.The game itself passed by so quickly but the scenes at the end will live long in the memory.Although it was a blur,the highlight for me personally was getting back to Livingston and headed for the Nitespot.Think I poured myself out of there at about 3am buckled.Yeh as I said it was such a long day and everyone has their own memories.These were mine on a day il never forget. 🏆🦁👏.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 pm

Yeah, surreal is the word I’d use too… heading to the game I just knew we were going to win (yes, negative Nick was 100% convinced that the cup was won before a ball was kicked). I can’t remember too much about the first half but the second half was brilliant while I stood on the concourse. I was at the back of the queue so kept going to the back of the seats to see what was going on, I saw the ball whiz across our goal just missing Broonie’s daft haircut, with the goal at his mercy and then I saw Makel pick out O’Brien who in turn fed Lilley for the opener, madness ensued as me & my oldest celebrated the goal. He then headed back to our seats (there were 9 of us and my youngest was still in his seat). Then I saw Fernandez release McAllister who finished like a born goal scorer and performed the greatest knee slide celebration in history and I was leaping about the concourse like a new born lamb yelling and screaming at fans ahead of me in the queue to get with the programme and celebrate, we were 2 up & cruising, smile, laugh, cheer but they all looked at me like I was the looney! 🤣

Next thing I new my oldest was beside me…he’d gone down the wrong stair and came back up to find his bearings and the two of us celebrated again.

Eventually got back to our seats and just watched as the time crawled towards 90 minutes. And it was like none of the 10,000 Livi fans knew how to sing… you’d have thought there would have been a rousing “we’re gonnae win the cup” but no…

We went to the ‘Vale later and my boys got to touch the cup, they were 13 & 8 (birthdays still to come that year).

What a day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm