The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Joel Nouble

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Joel Nouble Empty Joel Nouble

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:45 pm

Pretty much what us Livi fans have been witnessing and saying about the officials not giving the big man protection in games, and the amount of times he gets sod all when he's being fouled.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-attacker-joel-nouble-baffled-29521712

Livingston attacker Joel Nouble admits he’s baffled by the lack of protection he gets from the officials.

Because of his size refs let opposition players away with fouling him, and by feck they know it, he gets grabbed onto all game, running with one of two players holding onto his shirt.

He said: “I spoke to the ref (Willie Collum) after (Keith) Watson jumped with two arms on my shoulder and he said ‘you’re a big lad’.

“But what does that mean? So if I’m shorter he’ll give a foul? I hate that line because it doesn’t make sense but I am used to it.

I must be one of the most fouled players in the league because it happens every game. Players will grab me and kick me. When I do go down they’ll say you’re a big lad when I don’t go down they’ll say I’m a big lad and can deal with it so what am I meant to do? It’s frustrating.”

The minute he puts his arms out to try and hold them off he gets booked though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Joel Nouble Empty Re: Joel Nouble

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:06 pm

Good for him calling out Gollum
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:48 pm

What I said about this on Twitter -

I remember it was the same when big Kenny Deucher played for us. A ref saying 'you're a big lad' just emphasises to me the lack of professionalism among the current crop of Scottish referees. A foul is either a foul for everyone or it's not a foul for anyone.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:13 am

Aye and if you've got two players holding onto your arms and shirt as your running it doesn't matter what size you are, you're being fouled.

Laughed at the pundits on sportscene saying Nouble wasn't claiming for the pen he got at Tynecastle when he was pulled backwards to the ground, aye because that's just the norm for him, getting grabbed onto and his shirt pulled. And if opposition players know they're getting away with it, they'll keep on doing it.

The wee tug on your shirt is another one i find strange with the perception it isn't enough for a foul to be awarded, the reason they do it is because it puts you off your stride and gains them a yard catching you up. Everyone does it though, our players included, and if an attacking player goes down it's him that's called the cheat. lol!
    With Nouble though a wee tug doesn't slow him down, so they just keep hanging onto him as he's running, and get away with it.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:04 pm

A wee tug on Morelos's shirt in the penalty box gets you a penalty though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:01 am