The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Killie v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Killie v Livi Empty Killie v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue May 09, 2023 3:41 pm

The top flight plastic derby, both teams on shit form, Killie with the worst goals for, and goals against stats in the league, and us that can't buy an away goal, and last scored away from home 7 games ago, in a 4-2 St Johnstone win. Yeah hadn't realized just how fecking long ago that was, that we last scored away from home, never mind won an away match, quite a shocking stat.

Last time we played Killie away we won 3-2, and we've won all 3 games against them this season, however with the form we are on , and that shocking away goal stat, i really can't see us scoring let alone winning this game, i'd bite your hand off for a 0-0 draw.

I've officially given up going to away games this season, 4 in a row with no goals and 4 defeats has broken me, can't take anymore, wouldn't it just be like the thing for us to win this one. lol!
    orco
    orco

Killie v Livi Empty Re: Killie v Livi

Post by orco Wed May 10, 2023 12:29 am

You're a jinx on the team. Killie v Livi 1f479
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 10, 2023 2:17 pm

orco wrote:You're a jinx on the team.  Killie v Livi 1f479

Coming to that conclusion myself Orco, wasn't at the St Johnstone away game where we won 4-2.

Would love to see Omeonga back in the team, we're missing his aggressive style in turning over possession and getting the ball played quickly up the wings. Would drop Nouble as i think that would help stopping us hitting high balls up the pitch, and playing it on the deck. Bradley, St Kelly and Anderson are so much better with the ball at their feet playing it through midfield and up the wings. Also interestingly, Nouble wasn't in the team when we won 4-2 in our last away game to score a goal. Would be a good sub to bring on later against tired defenders though.

Shamal

Devlin/Brandon          de Lucas        Boyes            Montano

Omeonga                  Se Kelly

Bradley                   St Kelly                  Penrice

Anderson
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 11, 2023 5:17 am

Omeonga out of contract at seasons end so I wouldn’t be playing him.
    Same with Devlin and Fitz.
    I’d still play Noobs because he remains under contract even though he could move on if an acceptable bid comes in…that said, with the way the team is playing why would anyone want any of them?

Oh, and we will lose 2-0
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 11, 2023 8:21 am

Omeonga hasn't had a game for ages so why not play him, we've been playing all the others that wont be here, so leaving him out doesn't make sense, esp as he's the best DM we have. Omeonga gives us a midfield battler that turns over possession, something we've been missing massively in these away game, which will give us the ability to quickly break on them.

The alternative is prob going to be Shinnie in midfield, oh joy. Two from Se Kelly, Holt and Omeonga in the def mid, as we've tried the others and lost every game, i'd try Omeonga with one of them now to try and change things, but for the sake of my sanity don't stick Shinnie in there, all he does is turn back to play the safe option, and slows everything down, i don't mind him playing further up the pitch but as a DM he's frustrating to watch.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 12, 2023 7:33 am

You kinda get the feeling that the 4 teams weve yet to face starting with Killie will relish coming up against us at the moment. What with the dissaray surrounding the squad at the moment and the obvious downturn in our form,doesn't fill me with understandable lack of enthusiasm for the remainder of an arguably dissapointing end to the campaign. Think we need one point from those games to be mathematicaly safe from those playoffs. Suspect we'll stumble over that line,just don't ask me where.Killie have a decent home record going into tomorrow and I reckon we'd be happy to get out of there with a point,though I wouldn't bank on it.As I said,will be hard to get ourselves up for this,but I hanker the hope that we've at least got one more performance in us.We live in hope.Mon the Lions.👊🦁🤞.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 12, 2023 1:08 pm

Think Killie may be under the misapprehension it'll be a tough game, considering we've taken all 9pts from our games against them, and were the only team outside the erse cheeks to beat them at home, but once they start playing us they'll soon realise how pish we are, esp after they score.

I still think we'll have enough pts to cling onto 8th place, after Motherwell go above us, though i may change my mind if we can't get at least a draw from one of our home games. I'm still hoping we can manage a home win against Utd,

A. to help relegate them
    B. to try and hold off St Johnstone
    and C. they really are pish and we should've beaten them in our last home game.

As shite as we are away, we've still managed 2 wins and a draw at home during this period of shiteness.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 12, 2023 1:08 pm

Think Killie may be under the misapprehension it'll be a tough game, considering we've taken all 9pts from our games against them, and were the only team outside the erse cheeks to beat them at home, but once they start playing us they'll soon realise how pish we are, esp after they score.

I still think we'll have enough pts to cling onto 8th place, after Motherwell go above us, though i may change my mind if we can't at least get draws from our home games. I'm still hoping we can manage a home win against Utd,

A. to help relegate them, i want County & Killie to stay up (County are a good away day & Killie being a fellow plastic pitch team that brings out seethe from all the other teams).
    B. to try and hold off St Johnstone
    and C. they really are pish and we should've beaten them in our last home game.

As shite as we are away, we've still managed 2 wins and a draw at home during this period of shiteness.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 12, 2023 3:18 pm

Don’t think anyone is under any misapprehension about us, we are the soft touch in the bottom half with no desire to be playing. It’s a complete reversal on last season when we actually went into the 33rd game in decent form but a lucky draw so Motherwell pip us to 6th and we just swept the rest aside to finish an easy 7th; this season we could have clinched 6th numerous times but just didn’t want it enough and questions need to be asked as to why that was the case and we have just not been at the races for months. So much so that one of my sons says there shouldn’t be a player of the year award cos none of them have turned up for the second half of it.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri May 12, 2023 4:58 pm

Omeonga has always been used sparingly. I'm wondering if he is on a contract linked to him starting games.
    Nouble is playing well within himself just now. He isn't taking players on and going on runs like he used to. He is preferring to pass the ball to someone else. I noticed him going down "injured" a few times v County. His heid is half oot the door.
    I'll be surprised if we get anything against Killie.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 13, 2023 10:32 am

Only chance we have in this game, is we somehow score an early goal, we usually start ok, and actually look the better team, until we concede the first goal, if we managed to score in that early stage, then who knows what could happen, it could give us the confidence to push on and score more goals, and also shake the opposition up, doing to them what usually happens to us when we concede the opener. All iffs and buts, it would be new territory for us. One thing for sure, if the usual pattern happens and we concede first, it'll be game over.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 13, 2023 10:51 am

Auld Nick wrote:Don’t think anyone is under any misapprehension about us, we are the soft touch in the bottom half with no desire to be playing. It’s a complete reversal on last season when we actually went into the 33rd game in decent form but a lucky draw so Motherwell pip us to 6th and we just swept the rest aside to finish an easy 7th; this season we could have clinched 6th numerous times but just didn’t want it enough and questions need to be asked as to why that was the case and we have just not been at the races for months. So much so that one of my sons says there shouldn’t be a player of the year award cos none of them have turned up for the second half of it.

A bit harsh, we were playing well in January still (3 wins and 2 draws), and even up to the 24th game, the Killie 3-1 game, and our home form is still decent, 2 wins, 2 losses (one against Sevco) and a draw since the Killie game, it's our away results that have turned to shit.

Falling from 4th to 7th has taken the shine off our season, and left the fans feeling let down and deflated, but trying to be pragmatic and looking at the season as a whole, we've had 3/4 of a very good season and some cracking performances along the way, Nouble for much of that has been a joy to watch, Bradley and Kelly a ray of sunshine for the YPoTY award, taking 4 pts from our 2 home games and finishing 7th or 8th would at least finish the season on a reasonable high point, and maybe lift the fans spirits.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 13, 2023 2:55 pm

Seeing the starting 11 🙈 gives me the fear.One man questionably up front.Can only go one way,can't it?.Dare I say it?.Mon the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Troy wrote:Seeing the starting 11 🙈 gives me the fear.One man questionably up front.Can only go one way,can't it?.Dare I say it?.Mon the Lions.

Yeah i had a bad feeling he'd bench Anderson and play Nouble up front for us to boot high balls up the pitch, would bet my house he'd have played Guthrie too if he hadn't been suspended.

Same old, same old from us away from home, just hope our home form is still ok, and we can take something from our next 2 games. As expected Motherwell have moved above us, St Johnstone are still 6pts below us with 3 games to play, and back in the play off mix.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 13, 2023 5:28 pm

L/F.Im looking at the league table as it stands.Were 9 points clear of Ross County with 3 games to go.Theyr on minus 20 and we're on minus 23 goal difference. Surely to fech even we couldn't balls this up.Were sinking faster than the Titanic.Some might say and I get it successful season for us,job done,but really.As I said earlier, when I saw the lineup it gave me the fear.Shamal is getting pelters left right and centre.He may be even more found out next season according to other forums. I'm only interested in our forum,where we try to take the blinkers off and say as we see it.Never mind pal,saved yourself a few bob today after that.Close season cant come quick enough .Lol T.Crying or Very sad.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Troy wrote:L/F.Im looking at the league table as it stands.Were 9 points clear of Ross County with 3 games to go.Theyr on minus 20 and we're on minus 23 goal difference. Surely to fech even we couldn't balls this up.Were sinking faster than the Titanic.Some might say and I get it successful season for us,job done,but really.As I said earlier, when I saw the lineup it gave me the fear.Shamal is getting pelters left right and centre.He may be even more found out next season according to other forums. I'm only interested in our forum,where we try to take the blinkers off and say as we see it.Never mind pal,saved yourself a few bob today after that.Close season cant come quick enough .Lol T.Crying or Very sad.

Yeah i know i'm repeating myself here, but now we've only 3 games to go and 4 teams are below us, they can't all win their final 3 games, some are playing one another still, and some are playing Motherwell, who are on the best form in the league, even if we lose the final 3 games we aren't finishing in the bottom 2. Would be a shite ending to our campaign though, we really need to get a win from our two home games, just to lift the fans a bit, and end things on a high for our last home game of the season.

St Johnstone could be playing to stay up in our last league game too, lucky for them it's away from home for us, can't see more than 20 Livi fans going to that game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 13, 2023 7:21 pm

Ive only been to 5 away games this season due to domestic situations which I had no control over.Will make the Motherwell game next week,but will miss our last home game against Dun Utd for the first time in 28 years.Will try to pull all the stops to be up at Perth with you guys for seasons end.Lol T.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat May 13, 2023 9:25 pm

I didn't think we were as bad as some of the roasters on the Facebook page are making out. It was pretty even in the first half but the early goal in the second half spooked us and things went downhill.
    We were spoiled a bit in the first half of the season and the expectations of a lot of fans ran away with them. I reckon a lot of them might not have been around 7 years ago when Stranraer booted us into League 1.
    But that's what being a Livi fan is all about. It's a rollercoaster. Cool
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 13, 2023 11:29 pm

Decided to watch the lowlights on iplayer, why can't Holt keep his arms down in our box, exact same hand ball he gave away against St Mirren, raising his arms up in the air as he turns away from the shot, ffs he knows these get given by VAR.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun May 14, 2023 12:18 am

Liviforever wrote:Decided to watch the lowlights on iplayer, why can't Holt keep his arms down in our box, exact same hand ball he gave away against St Mirren, raising his arms up in the air as he turns away from the shot, ffs he knows these get given by VAR.

I suppose when you've been playing football a certain way all your career it's hard to remember in the cut and thrust of the game that the idiots in the hierarchy of football decided to make a stupid rule change. Ball plays man was so much more sensible. But if a wee man (called Collum) sitting in a room in Glasgow with a nice bit of technology at his disposal decides to slow down his recording for an excuse to give another penalty against Livi then whit can ye dae. 🤷‍�
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 14, 2023 2:49 am

We were essentially safe last week when St J, Killie & United all lost but today sealed it as now United can’t catch us and only one of Ross & Killie can catch us as they have to play each other. So we cannot go lower than 10th.

I’m starting to think we need to change manager just to get some fresh ideas in the place. At the very least a new assistant with some experience who will offer alternatives to counter DM’s inability to see any.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun May 14, 2023 11:01 am

For me it's the assistant that needs to change. Davie has shown he can do the job as part of a two man team but the other partner has to be strong enough to voice his opinion. I don't think Neil Hastings is that person. I wonder if Shinnie winding down this season could take on the role that Bartley had.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 14, 2023 11:27 am

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Decided to watch the lowlights on iplayer, why can't Holt keep his arms down in our box, exact same hand ball he gave away against St Mirren, raising his arms up in the air as he turns away from the shot, ffs he knows these get given by VAR.

I suppose when you've been playing football a certain way all your career it's hard to remember in the cut and thrust of the game that the idiots in the hierarchy of football decided to make a stupid rule change. Ball plays man was so much more sensible. But if a wee man (called Collum) sitting in a room in Glasgow with a nice bit of technology at his disposal decides to slow down his recording for an excuse to give another penalty against Livi then whit can ye dae. 🤷‍�

Keep yer arms down, other players manage it. I know it's a stupid rule but you see players going in holding their arms behind their backs, which is about as natural a position as going in for a tackle doing a hand stand. But it's what you now have to do to avoid a hand ball being given against you, holding your arms behind your back that is, not the hand stand thing, we'd get a red card for high feet doing that, which would be just so Livi, with a Ross County player booting Holt in the head last week and not getting booked.

We've given away what seems like a lot more pens than other teams recently with this hand ball palava, having your arms above your head isn't helping us not adding more.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 14, 2023 11:38 am

Auld Nick wrote:We were essentially safe last week when St J, Killie & United all lost but today sealed it as now United can’t catch us and only one of Ross & Killie can catch us as they have to play each other. So we cannot go lower than 10th.

I’m starting to think we need to change manager just to get some fresh ideas in the place. At the very least a new assistant with some experience who will offer alternatives to counter DM’s inability to see any.

Which i've essentially been saying for weeks, you're welcome. Laughing

Oh and we wont go lower than 8th, none of the other teams are catching us. I'll quote myself on that, or the post i said the same a week or two back, saying i told you so.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 14, 2023 2:15 pm

Yes you were and we all knew you were most likely correct but we are Livi and as this season has already shown, we can always find a way to ruin it for ourselves, so the rest of us, while quietly sharing your belief we’re not prepared to accept it openly until the arithmetic was set in stone. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 am