The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Livi2IDie
mozam76
Lothiangamer
Afro
spiggle
Achilles
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Smithy
LiviLion
Liviforever
Lexi Collector
16 posters

Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday Empty Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 am

Livingston V Queen of the South.

Approaching 6 weeks since 'The Amber Machine' last managed to score a league goal. Sky Bet are offering 7/2 for QOS to win to nil, not much of a betting man, but I've stuck a 5er on that. That's how shite I think we are up front. If we lose 2-1 or 3-1 or something I'll be fucking raging, it'd be typical of these cunts to do me over like this. I hope we win, but I'm fairly certain we won't. So if we're gonna lose, lose to nil - I want some free money, over a pishy consolation goal any day.

Just one more thing though, try not to be so painfully fucking shite for 90 minutes again please, Livingston. Give us something to watch. 2 wingers, 2 strikers (Hips and White from the off, if that's not too much to ask), with Glen supporting them. And don't fucking shoot long balls up to the middle of nowhere, it's pointless and has just got to the stage where it's utterly boring. None of this will happen though, McGlynn will play one of his daft 3-5-1-1 or 5-3-1-1 formations which have never worked, and Hippolyte will come on with 20 minutes to go, and play as a holding midfielder. Lyle and Russell will absolutely rape Fordyce and Sives, and we'll got caught on the break, after pissing about with the ball in the centre circle.

Optimistic 2-0 win for QOS, but it could be 3. FG will be around 38 mins. I'll leave after about 72, and smash my TV in when Jordan White scores a consolation goal off his arse in the 92nd minute. Probably.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday Empty Re: Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 am

QoS aint too clever in defence so wouldn't put it past us to score a goal Lexi. They're also pretty good in attack so def going to score a few against us. Even if we were knocking them in I'd say we'd have to score at least 2 to get a point here as we'll concede at least 2.

Surely to feck McGlynn will dump the starting system of 3 CB's that hasn't worked and just go with a straight forward 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1.

Glen went off injured last night so might not be playing, hopefully it wasn't anything serious, with Keaghan out we can't afford any other of our better players getting injured.

Hippo wasn't great last night when he came on, first couple of touches were woeful and gave away possession, I'm beginning to think we're practicing giving the ball away in training. I'd still like to see him start, couldn't believe Ogleby got a shout ahead of him there.

4-1 QoS, FG 12 mins.

At this point I'd take another game like I just witnessed if it got us a draw, need to tighten up in defence though and park the bus to frustrate them, would be even better if we did a Dumbarton and snatched a late winner. I'm away to have some cheese before I hit the sack and dream of us winning on Sat.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday Empty Re: Patter relating to the QOS game on Saturday

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm

If we can drag Queens down to our level of performance then we might be in with a chance. Notice the first game between us was 2-2 after 90 mins, the 2nd was 1-1, the 3rd 0-0, can you get a -1 each scoreline? We both score a goal in our own nets?

I predict Beany scoring an og for us and Lexi taking his picture down off his bedroom wall and chucking it the bin after costing him his bet.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Not going to make it to this one, wasn't at the Falkirk game and we got a point so if we get anything from this I might need to find something else to do on Saturday's...

3-0 Queens, FG 18 mins
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm

LiviLion wrote:Not going to make it to this one, wasn't at the Falkirk game and we got a point so if we get anything from this I might need to find something else to do on Saturday's...

3-0 Queens, FG 18 mins
    so it's you that's the jinx then haha
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Smithy wrote:
    LiviLion wrote:Not going to make it to this one, wasn't at the Falkirk game and we got a point so if we get anything from this I might need to find something else to do on Saturday's...

3-0 Queens, FG 18 mins
    so it's you that's the jinx then haha

We'll find out on Saturday Wink
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Not looking forward to this despite last night's clean sheet. I think they will be all out to beat us given they haven't yet.

Livi 0 QOS 4

FG 10 mins
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:09 am

Sorry Lexi but I think we will score in this game, 42 mins first goal. 1 nil to Livi.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

This game will be as painful as 'A Serbian Film'.

No point predicting the line-up because the baldy Mourinho will pick a completely different team.

2-0 to QOTS. First goal 51 mins.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Not going to make this game so maybe we will win? Would just be my luck.

On a serious note though, 3-0 queens
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm remaining pessamistic after watching that bile on Saturday and the tedious monotomy on Tuesday. Queens have played well and are looking a decent team, we are looking like cannon fodder. Injuries to Gallagher and now Keaghan are not good for us.

0-3 to Queens. FG 31 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 pm

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/russell-not-fooled-by-livingston-s-lowly-position-1-3582522

Ha, QoS have fallen into McGlynn's trap, a quote from Iain Russell on our forthcoming game:
    “It’s no secret they like to pass the ball so we’ve got to be wary of that. They’ve got a bit of pace about them as well and, with Burton O’Brien in the middle, he’s the orchestrator for them and he’s a really good player.

We'll take them by surprise when we punt it up the pitch all game. Very Happy
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 pm

First time in a long time I can't be arsed going to a home game. 3-0 Queens, FG 13 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Afro wrote:First time in a long time I can't be arsed going to a home game. 3-0 Queens, FG 13 mins.

You can only be surprised if we get the ball down and score a couple of goals, and we're all expecting to be gubbed so just think what a surprise it'll be if we win. Plus you'd never forgive yourself if you missed a great game..................................................

*hope that persuaded Afro to come, don't see why I should suffer and he doesn't too*
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:51 pm

1-3 Queens. FG 34 mins. Shitey goals a plenty for the boring cunts from Dumfries.
    Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 am

Surely not another game without a Livi goal.
    I am going to try and stay optimistic and say 2-1 Livi FG 19 mins.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:08 am

Lothiangamer wrote:Surely not another game without a Livi goal.
    I am going to try and stay optimistic and say 2-1 Livi FG 19 mins.
    Good so that's two of us that's positive. I think there was some positives from the Falkirk game despite all the negativity. A clean sheet and we battled well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 pm

I'm positively fearing the worst. Wink

We did actually create some chances against Falkirk, White, McKenna and Glenn all had shots from around the box that could've gone in if they hit the target (well at least they had a clear shot) and we had a wee stint of pressure from consecutive corners.

Mon the Lions. bounce
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Afro wrote:First time in a long time I can't be arsed going to a home game. 3-0 Queens, FG 13 mins.

You can only be surprised if we get the ball down and score a couple of goals, and we're all expecting to be gubbed so just think what a surprise it'll be if we win. Plus you'd never forgive yourself if you missed a great game..................................................

*hope that persuaded Afro to come, don't see why I should suffer and he doesn't too*

Says a lot more about yourself LF, I admire your tenacity to watch what is likely to be a defeat today. Just totally dispirited with the way club is at the moment, I doubt I'm the only one.

Cue an epic 5-4 win with a Mensing overhead kick as the winner in the 93rd minute. drunken
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Going into this with zero confidence. 2-1 Queens, fgs 21 mins.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Awful stuff, the midfield is shocking as well as the defensive, Sives has to be hooked. We haven't created any chances yet again for Glen & White!!
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Im in shock....coming back from 2-0 down....good point gained given or recent form...onward n upwards
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Deserved that. We were right in the game throughout and they only went ahead after some dreadful defending from Sives sold them the first goal (even at that, they were incredibly lucky that Talbot's good block swirled in the air and went straight to Russell - aids goal as I predicted). My Dad then blamed Sives for not closing the player down for the second goal as well but I thought it was a decent ball. Some rank defending before that though.

We improved in the second half on what was an okay display prior and looked the better team. Hipployte came on and the referee turned down, what was for me, a stonewall penalty, where the defender blocked a shot that would have been on target. Mullen comes on and scores our best goal of the season by far, beating about four players, remaining composed and smashing it in. Great long throw from Hippo and bundled in (barely) by Glen.

Points to makes:
    1. Sives is diabolical. Mensing will undoubtedly be back next week but it has to be with Talbot, with that donkey on the bench. Absolutely shite. Both goals of their goals started down our right-hand side which is unsurprising given how shit Fordyce is as well. I will keep saying this until McGlynn drops them, they need emptied.
    2. O'Brien was rubbish. When we needed someone composed passing the ball, he was not that today. The Robertson sub should have come much sooner but I can only assume he's unfit and was breathing out his arse with such a bizarre late sub. I'd hook him as well if he doesn't improve. We have the aforementioned Robertson, Praprotnik and Beaumont available there so plenty options. I think Keaghan and Kyle could more than hold their own in midfield, rather than him getting in the way. We'd be better having a sweeper or another striker on than a passenger in midfield.
    3. Why do we insist on lumping balls to Jordan White when it's clear he isn't good at winning them and is much better with the ball into feet or chest?! Shite and lazy tactics from McGlynn, which doesn't surprise me.

We are not a bad team as was shown when we came back into that, just one who is hampered with two really bad defenders. When Mensing and Gallagher come back, we will not lose as many goals and on today's showing, we have players who can stick it in at the other end if McGlynn gets it into his thick skull to give them a chance and not hook them at half-time when they aren't playing well. Hopefully Donaldson (will he ever play?) will be good at right-back like Talbot is at left so we can finally get a bit of balance in the team.
    Livi2IDie

Post by Livi2IDie Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Nice post mate, a very accurate reflection.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm

We were utter shite for 80 minutes, but still better then we've been of late. Game completely changed when Mullen and Hips came on. They posed much more of threat and it seen an end to that long ball shite. Keags and Hips connected well at times, and were able to move the ball around the floor well. We didn't win that game because of McGlynn and his tactics - by the time we started playing there were only 10/15 minutes left, so it was too late. We put QOS under pressure and did well to get a draw. Having said that, we'll continue to play awful football and drop points if McGlynn starts with the same team and tactics, it's plain for all to see what needs to be changed. 4-4-2, with Mullen and Hips up top, and Glen as an attacking midfielder. Will McGlynn start with this formation in the next game? Nope, he's a dick.

The crowd looked absolutely awful today, btw. Very impressive support from QOS, as always - not in a billion years would we take so many fans to Dumfries. Loads of empty seats in the west stand which are usually taken, it looked like a midweek cup attendance from our point of view. Obvious why though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am