The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Utd

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Utd Empty Livi v Utd

Post by Liviforever Wed May 17, 2023 11:23 am

At last, a home game, over a month since we last played at home, beating St Johnstone 2-0. We've had a horrendous run of away defeats, not even being able to score a goal, lets hope our home form is still good, and we score some goals and win a game.

Tbh i'd even settle for just being able to stand up and celebrate us scoring a goal, it has been that long since i've done that i forget how it feels. Anyway, mon the Lions, lets have a home win. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Utd Empty Re: Livi v Utd

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 17, 2023 4:39 pm

They seem to have dropped off in form again after beating us up there, so it probably has 0-0 written all over it with a possible single goal win for them…either by scoring early and parking the bus or by parking the bus and hitting us on a late breakaway
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 17, 2023 7:22 pm

Lets hope the players step up and show some commitment and loyalty to Martindale after this bombshell article. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-david-martindale-warns-30001036

Livingston boss David Martindale warns he may have to walk away if performances don't improve

“It’s up to me to get the best out of the boys and if I can’t do that then the club either needs to get new players in or I need to go. It’s that simple and I’ve said that to the players.

If that doesn't get a reaction from them nothing will.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 pm

Some of the reaction on that Livi FB page is absolutely discurriging.They haven't got a fechin clue most them.Davie has always said that he will know when his time is up.But going by some of the comments I genuinely wouldn't blame for if only the sake of his own sanity he decided to call it a day.When that day comes,God help us.What he's done both on and off the park is remarkable for someone of his status and background. Frankly he deserves a medal for what he's done for us these last few years around the club.He looks like a broken man at the moment,but football can be cruel at times,and this is one of them.Il talk about United tomorrow.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 17, 2023 8:25 pm

Troy wrote:Some of the reaction on that Livi FB page is absolutely discurriging.They haven't got a fechin clue most them.Davie has always said that he will know when his time is up.But going by some of the comments I genuinely wouldn't blame for if only the sake of his own sanity he decided to call it a day.When that day comes,God help us.What he's done both on and off the park is remarkable for someone of his status and background. Frankly he deserves a medal for what he's done for us these last few years around the club.He looks like a broken man at the moment,but football can be cruel at times,and this is one of them.Il talk about United tomorrow.

Haven't been on it, but can imagine. They should be careful what they wish for, us longer attending fans know our current campaign in the top flight is nowhere near as bad as a lot of the seasons we've suffered. We're still sitting 8th, at the start of the season any sensible Livi fan would've been delighted finishing where we are. Yeah it's gutting missing the top 6 cut, when we were in such a good position to achieve it, but some perspective is needed, we should look at this after the dust has settled, with cooler heads.

This season is done for me, we missed top 6 and a chance to have something still to play for, and we are safe from the bottom two spots, i'll wait till next season now and see how we do, with some new signings coming in, and a pre season & cup group stages, that's when we generally know how we're looking. Then the first 11 league games are played, if things aren't clicking by then, that's when i'd be worried enough to start questioning replacing Martindale. With a 200K cut to the wage budget, we're going to need Martindale more than ever to sign some gems from obscure places and English lower leagues, that will give us a fighting chance of staying up again.

I think for some, we've been spoiled these last 5 seasons in the top flight, being comfortably away from the bottom two spots, a dose of reality is needed for some of our fans.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed May 17, 2023 8:33 pm

Thing is,good or bad we can't afford to lose any of them.Our fanbase is criminaly small,and some suggesting not renewing for next season is frankly embarrassing. Really should have opened another thread for this as we could go on pontificating all night,which I wont!.Apologies.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 17, 2023 8:41 pm

I'd say anyone not renewing their ST because we're on a bad run just now, but still comfortably staying up, is def a fair weather fan that would've left anyway, and was only a matter of time when they did. We've a hard core of fans that have been through everything, eye bleedingly bad seasons, admins, fall out from court cases and crooked owners, and are still here. You don't just chuck it because the team lose a few games, or even if we're relegated for that matter, which we will be one season. If you only want good times go support one of the erse cheeks, at this moment Celtic. Pretty pathetic attitude chucking it just because we aren't in the top 6.

Troy likes this post

Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 19, 2023 7:38 am

And so to tomorrow's game.Despite all the shenanigans on social media this week,I'm reasonably looking forward to this.Wee chance of a bit of redemption from the players,though I wouldn't bank on it.Season can't end quick enough for me personally albeit I fully intend to get rat arsed tomorrow and thoughrally enjoy within reason the day as a whole.Gonna be interesting come 4 45 ish with the state of play at the bottom of the table with so many permutations with us having a huge say in who goes where.Thankfully we're not involved down there,well for this season anyway. Nothing to lose and a bit of pride to be gained for the lads and in that respect,as always Mon the Lions,and dare I say it,Let's do this.👊🦁⬆🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 19, 2023 11:20 am

Yeah if we could start really quickly and go at them, and score the first goal, it would really help settle our nerves and lift the weight form our players, while heaping it onto Utd's players.

There shouldn't really be any pressure on them, we hit the 42pts tally pre split, and were pretty much safe from the bottom 2 even then, these post split games should be pressure free, where the players can just go our and play without fear, it is all on the opposition teams fighting for survival, however this poor run we're on has created fear and nerves, both in the players and supporters, so hopefully it all lifts if/when we score that elusive opening goal.

The likes of Bradley and St Kelly need to be taking shots on sight of goal, their keeper is dodgy as feck, as is their defence, so lets run at them and get shooting into the shaky keeper.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 19, 2023 11:49 am

The Arabs have no confidence whatsoever coming down here apparently. Most have the maps out already planning excursions in the championship.So you just know what that means for tomorrow. Couldnt script it.🤣🙈 lol.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 19, 2023 12:40 pm

Aye the plastic pitch excuses regularly get rolled out from them when playng us here, even when we got promoted and finished 2nd, beating them on a grass pitch they weren't keen coming to the Vale.

Read a Utd fan saying Fletcher is out for the final 3 games, that should make a big difference if true, they don't have another striker of his physique as back up, in fact they don't really have a back up at all, only an inexperienced youngster.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Well that certainly lifts the mood for our final 2 games, much better performance from us, and actually took shots at goal, we were shooting for fun today.

Anderson causing many problems up front when we knocked it up for him to challenge, even saw Shamal finally punt it to him for a quick counter from a corner. Bruce held it up for Nouble arriving, and we almost scored. Still baffles me why Omeonga isn't starting though, but he finally gets a game coming from the subs bench, turned over possession and set up a quick break that we almost scored from. Parkes and Bradley did well when they came on too.

Cracking goal from Bruce, from a tight angle, and another cracker from Penrice, playing in an attacking position. Bradley deserved a goal from one of his efforts, what a difference playing at home made, after a terrible run of away defeats. Can we play at home every week. Very Happy

Briefly went back to 7th place, before Motherwell scored a 9th min ET penalty, sets us up nicely for Wed against them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 20, 2023 10:19 pm

Just back in from pub,hic🍻.To the game itself.Deserved 3 points for me,albeit against a poor Arab side.Bruce such a well taken goal and for his continues batteling till he was hooked late on,for me MOM.Could hardly walk when he came off👏.Agree about Parkes,a collosus when came on for Boyes and cleared anything that came his way.Special mention for De Lucas.Looked composed and assured with his performance.Big Joel turned in a display befitting the early promise shown earlier in the season.The subs played their part as well especially Penners.Cracking goal from him.But my abiding memory of today was Davie patting the nearside steward on the head looking for ideas and inspiration. Thought he was going to have a heart attack near the end of the game.Got to mention Nicky,spoke to him after the game as he was heading home.Wished him all the best and thanked him for his undoubted service to the club..All in All a decent day and no doubt has put a smile on Davies day after looking broken the last few weeks.Well done gaffer.👏🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 21, 2023 2:26 am

Don't know what Ayina would've had to do before that ref would book him, got away with a few brutal challenges, certainly could've done with a card to force him to dial it down several notches with the bull in a china shop challenges on Bruce. Sibbs got away with an off the ball barge on him too. Laughed at his little exchange of opinions with Goodwin though, didn't have to be an expert lip reader to make out some of what Bruce said to him.lol!

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun May 21, 2023 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun May 21, 2023 2:34 am

The introduction of Parkes tightened the defence and showed how we've missed the aerial power of Obileye in the last few games. Neither De Luca nor Boyes can head a ball. Fair play to Shamal too for a couple of important blocks.
    That goal from Bruce had everyone fooled. I was certain it was going wide. Penrice took his well too. Great to get back to winning ways.
    How bad was that refereeing though? Every 50/50 ball went to United and how their number 27 got through the game without a booking is a mystery. He fouled right through the game yet Bradley was hardly on the park till he was booked
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 21, 2023 12:43 pm

Tell you what, i'd have been raging if that ball hitting Montano's arm the other way around had been awarded a penalty for Utd, absolute nonsense chopping that goal off. VAR is such a waste of money, interferes in hand ball decisions that haven't been given, and does feckall when ones that have are wrong. Not all hand balls are deliberate or worthy of having calls given against them, even worse when some that were blatant were missed by VAR and the ref. Really, what is the point when on this evidence we're no better off having this tech, and it's costing us a fortune.

Montano wasn't using his arm to gain an advantage, it just came down and landed on it, it wasn't up in the air either, nobody jumps in a crowded box like a punk rocker doing the pogo.

Kinda ironic Martindale was wanting VAR after Montano was deemed to have hand balled it going out of play against Motherwell, when it hit his midriff, then we get this nonsense hand ball call against Montano, chopping de Lucas goal off, and VAR is absolutely useless.

There really isn't enough value for money for it when so many mistakes are being made with human error and bad judgement calls, interpreting rules whichever way they fancy, one week differing from the next, still being a factor in the VAR room.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 21, 2023 1:52 pm

Talking of which, might be worth us bringing in a Maasai warrior for coaching our players how to jump in our penalty box.

Troy

Post by Troy Sun May 21, 2023 1:58 pm

🤣🤣🤣⬆.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Sounds like the lads finally got their heads right for this one. Delighted to hear we’d won whilst in that faraway land that shall not be named. Looking forward to seeing the game on Wednesday now that we’re back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content