The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Johnstone v Livi

orco
    orco

St Johnstone v Livi Empty St Johnstone v Livi

Post by orco Sat May 27, 2023 4:45 am

Minimal interest in this one it seems. Will our horrendous away form continue? Can we achieve 7th place? Who will the reserve goalie be? So many questions.

Read that Murray Davidson is retiring from the game. The years pass so quickly. I remember him as a young lad at Livi. Massone cashed in on him for £50k and threw in Dave McKay for free since he had the audacity to stand up to him. Happy days. 😄
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Johnstone v Livi Empty Re: St Johnstone v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 27, 2023 7:36 am

Last game of the season and it means nothing as we can’t overtake Motherwell (without an enormous swing in GD that would require a record win for us and a record loss for them) and Saints can’t overtake us or be caught by any of the bottom 3. So I can understand not much interest, but we are going anyway. Hopefully to just sit back and enjoy a carefree game. I’d like to think the players will just go out and express themselves to the best of their ability.

It will probably be a borefest 0-0 or end with a fortuitous winning goal for either side.

Murray Davidson can’t be as old as Snoddy or Dorrans surely? Is it maybe his injuries catching up with him?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 27, 2023 11:39 am

Auld Nick wrote:Last game of the season and it means nothing as we can’t overtake Motherwell (without an enormous swing in GD that would require a record win for us and a record loss for them) and Saints can’t overtake us or be caught by any of the bottom 3. So I can understand not much interest, but we are going anyway. Hopefully to just sit back and enjoy a carefree game. I’d like to think the players will just go out and express themselves to the best of their ability.

It will probably be a borefest 0-0 or end with a fortuitous winning goal for either side.

Murray Davidson can’t be as old as Snoddy or Dorrans surely? Is it maybe his injuries catching up with him?

They're only a point above us, but we'd need Utd to beat them, and us to win against St Johnstone, not impossible, but highly unlikely, esp the part where a deflated Utd would need to beat Motherwell.

It would be so Livi if Motherwell lost, but so did we.

Yeah he's same age as Snoddy, 35, but injuries have def caught up with him too, you need to have looked after yourself, as well as been lucky with injuries to keep playing at a top level at that age, seen players lasting to 38-39, Murray Davidson has had a few bad injuries though. Prob down to the position he plays, and how he plays.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Yeah, I thought they were 3 ahead, but I knew there was a reason we won’t catch them and that is they won’t drop a point to United.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Yeah, I thought they were 3 ahead, but I knew there was a reason we won’t catch them and that is they won’t drop a point to United.

Hopefully Motherwell have that end of season feel in their heads and they just aren't arsed, i'd take a 0-0 draw, and us awarded a VAR penalty, that we actually score to win our game, but Van Veen will prob still be trying to score a goal to break some record or other.

Feck it, Utd to draw 2-2 and us to go 7th with a 4-1 win in Perth. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 27, 2023 10:04 pm

You may as well have said Noobs to get a hat trick and a big money move to finance next season Very Happy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Aye that would do too, Omeonga scoring the 4th, think i've taken it too far now. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun May 28, 2023 11:01 am

A nothing game tbh.Just hope Livi turn up and be competitive.Hopefully a clean sheet for Hamilton and a goal or two up the other end.Nah,who am I kiddin.End of season stuff and a bit of a shitfest to boot.Mon the Lions.😃.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Sadly we didn’t turn up and had we played a decent side (St Johnstone are not a good team) we’d have lost by substantially more than 2-0.

It was about the 87th minute before Shinnie got a shot on target for us and Sportscene didn’t even show it.

We need to get this sorted between now and the start of the season because we will be relegation certainties if we continue with this level of performance.

Fitting end to Murray Davisson’s career, playing the last few minutes for a team he spent 14 years with against his first club. Got a decent reception from the Livi fans too.

I would ask why we only had 4 subs available today? Wouldn’t have made any difference to the game but seems a bit odd.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun May 28, 2023 10:24 pm

So the curtain comes down on the season in predictable fashion.Looked like we were down to the bare bones squad wise today.Defencive errors led to our downfall today and indeed we should have lost by a greater margin imo.Agree was good to see big Murray Davidson get his send off from both sets of supporters 👏. Davie will know he's got a considerable task during the close season to at least make us competitive for next season. At least I got the season prediction correct.Not sure if il be as generous next term which is gonna be trying at best.Enjoy the break troops and il see you all on the other side.Lol.Troy.🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 29, 2023 12:20 am

Auld Nick wrote:Sadly we didn’t turn up and had we played a decent side (St Johnstone are not a good team) we’d have lost by substantially more than 2-0.

It was about the 87th minute before Shinnie got a shot on target for us and Sportscene didn’t even show it.

We need to get this sorted between now and the start of the season because we will be relegation certainties if we continue with this level of performance.

Fitting end to Murray Davisson’s career, playing the last few minutes for a team he spent 14 years with against his first club. Got a decent reception from the Livi fans too.

I would ask why we only had 4 subs available today? Wouldn’t have made any difference to the game but seems a bit odd.

Yep started both halves brightly but couldn't score, then went back to the faffing about at the back till St Johnstone's strikers pressed us and we fell apart. Far too slow in the build up and then either caught dithering on the ball or just launching it long. Lucky St Johnstone weren't better at finishing or could've been at least 4-0.

Anderson just isn't a Dykes, but we keep launching it long to him, thinking he can get the better of big CB's, he goes through the motions of challenging them, but isn't physically built for the job. Bradley was pretty lightweight looking too, didn't have a very good game. Dunno what it is about our away performances, but since January they've been absolutely dreadful, we better get it sorted for next season or it'll be a long hard slog of a season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:52 am