The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Cove Rangers v Livi

orco
    orco

Cove Rangers v Livi Empty Cove Rangers v Livi

Post by orco Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:48 pm

Naebody interested in this one?
    I'm making the trip up to see it. We need to win the next two now to have a chance of progressing. Let's hope we put out our strongest team and that they up their effort. They were positively lackadaisical in the first half v Hamilton. What has happened to that trademark Livi workrate? I'm hoping it returns tomorrow plus competent officials and a wee bit rub of the green. If we get all three then we will be in with a chance.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Cove Rangers v Livi Empty Re: Cove Rangers v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:47 am

Good pies at Cove Orco 😁

Unfortunately my work hours prevent me making the trip. Went last year and we made heavy weather fo winning 2-1 with Goncalves endearing himself to the fans by getting sent off.

It’s already a must win if we want to get out the easiest group we have had in this competition.
    Nothing I’ve seen fills me with confidence, Cove have scored 8 and conceded 4 against the weaker sides in the group but that will have them high on confidence and right up for having a go at us.

I fear the worst as usual.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:36 pm

Relegated Championship team that is now League One, should be a doddle, just start our strongest XI and get stuck in about them, sounds simple enough. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:58 pm

Wasn't going to comment today, but what the hell. As far as this competition is concerned I fear for us.Even when I've not been there it seems weve struggled to put teams to the sword.Even with all the ins and outs we should be good enough to get ourselves out of this group,albeit we might still do so by the skin of our teeth.I kinda just feel we haven't clicked yet,and Cove will be no pushovers imo.Would be good after tonight to make sure Saturday against Clyde isn't rendered meaningless.As always we don't half make it hard for ourselves.Good luck tonight,and any kind of win will do for us i reckon.Lol T.🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:40 pm

Liviforever wrote:Relegated Championship team that is now League One, should be a doddle, just start our strongest XI and get stuck in about them, sounds simple enough. lol!

And we all know how that scenario worked out on Saturday… Embarassed

Just seen the starting line up… Shinnie, Parkes and George in, Sangare, Boyes and Hamilton out

Oh well, there’s always next year, when we will probably be underdogs again
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:56 pm

Auld Nick wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Relegated Championship team that is now League One, should be a doddle, just start our strongest XI and get stuck in about them, sounds simple enough. lol!

And we all know how that scenario worked out on Saturday… Embarassed

Just seen the starting line up… Shinnie, Parkes and George in, Sangare, Boyes and Hamilton  out

Oh well, there’s always next year, when we will probably be underdogs again

Didn't start our strongest team on Sat.

Aye Boyes and Sangare were poor, must be rotating Hamilton and Shamal because there was nothing he could do about the goal and he made a good save to keep it to one goal. Still not starting St Kelly though, who as well as being our best player, is the only one who can take a decent set piece, well Bradley too right enough but he isn't even guaranteed a game let alone a start.

Cove Rangers v Livi Web_ca53
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:43 pm

Told you it would be a stroll… 5-0 with Parkes, Obileye, Anderson and St Kelly with 2, all notching, the first 3 were headers and Kelly curled one in from 25 yards and rattled one in from inside the box

Now just need to put Clyde to the sword on Saturday and we should qualify based on my reading of the current group positions.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Wow,didn't expect that.At last theve woken up.At least weve something to play for on Saturday. Goal difference has taken a boost as well.Looking forward to it after missing out last week and getting my new top.😃👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:11 pm

Cove Rangers v Livi Web_ca55
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:01 am

What a difference a goal makes. Cove contained us quite well for most of the first half by all means at their disposal including actually hanging on to players as they attacked and throwing themselves down at the merest of touches. Free kicks always given! They didn't really threaten our goal at any point.
    As the goals started to go in you could see us growing on confidence as we won balls and pressed. All of a sudden everyone wanted to go forward and start attacks.Even Guthrie was getting in on the act.
    Let's hope we take it forward to the Clyde game.
    Stephen Kelly has been a great signing. His work rate is excellent, he plays intelligent football and he scores goals. Let's just enjoy him while he is our player before he goes on to bigger things.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:51 am

Just wondering where young Kelly fits into the team once the league starts, he's been on the subs bench for the cup games and replaces Pitts in the 2nd half. So is it going to be either him or Pitts starting, playing in behind Bruce, bit of a worry if it is. He's one of our best players and should be starting, but going to be a tough one leaving out Pitts too.

Kelly is going to be a big player for us, we might even be better off once Nouble leaves so him and Pittman can both play together.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:06 pm

Not that i'm superstitious, but when i started a match thread we drew with Accies and lost the pen shoot out, Nick and Orco started the other 2 games and we won. So could one of you start the Clyde thread. lol!

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:46 pm

Disappointed that there haven’t been post match videos of DM’s assessment and a player’s assessment & the goals from the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:03 pm

Auld Nick wrote:Disappointed that there haven’t been post match videos of DM’s assessment and a player’s assessment & the goals from the game.

Bit far away but you get all the goals, and they do a close up replay for a better look.

Good header by Bruce for the 3rd, and 2 crackers from Kelly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:41 pm