The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Liviforever
HoudaBetsy
mozam76
Smithy
Afro
BasilF
orco
Achilles
LiviLion
EdinburghLivi
Lexi Collector
15 posters

Should McGlynn Go?

mozam76
    mozam76

Should McGlynn Go? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should McGlynn Go?

Post by mozam76 Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:47 pm

The evidence is certainly there. He shouts the same stuff to the same players every week, and the same subs never get used every week. What was it Einstein said about insanity? making the same mistakes time after time yet expecting different results?

I'm never one for wanting people to lose their jobs, and I have to say I'm still not certain that he will, but I can't see how he will get the team out of this horrendous run.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:17 am

Problem is who would take the job on.

I'd happily take Ian Murray much as I disliked him as a player; but he is unlikely to leave Dumbarton for us & we'd never be able to afford the cost of prising him away anyway. Anyone we would want would have to be jobless...that being the case would they be any better than McGlynn?

Burchill would be the obvious replacement from within but he has shown nothing in the way of coaching acumen since he arrived as far as I can see.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:32 am

Not that fussed about McGlynn staying now, the players are needing a rocket up their arses and McGlynn aint doing it. We come out and put in a decent first half then fade away the minute things get tough. I'm at a loss as to how we can come back from 2 goals down against QoS and have shown no fight against Alloa and Dumbarton when going behind. No urgency to get stuck in and fight for points. We pissed about arguing with the ref, their players, each other, when we needed to get on with the fecking game and put that anger into winning the fecking thing.

Look how Dumbarton controlled the game when they got ahead, they slowed it down, broke up play and saw out the game. How the feck can we not do that.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 am

He's got to go if we don't win next week.

I think Derek Adams would take the job.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:40 pm

More than a new manager needed to get us out of this, needing the embargo lifted so we can get a decent striker in and some loan signings in defence. Fucking joke we've not had a RB for 2 seasons, either play Moffat or get one on loan. Rankine needs to get these off field problems sorted first though as they're not helping. If we get a points deduction because him and Nixon are being clowns then it's all irrelevant what we do on field, we'll be lucky to avoid relegation as it is..
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 pm

My faith in McGlynn has completely gone now. Whether he gets pushed or walks away himself, the club needs to get rid of this dinosaur of a manager to help us move forward at least on the pitch. Yes, he got us out of a terrible position when he was appointed and was the manager that got moves for three youth graduates, but we need someone who's young and hungry to actually want this club to achieve something other than mediocrity.

Look at the likes of QOTS with Johnstone, McIntyre, Fowler; Partick with McNamara; Ross County with Adams and Hamilton Accies with Neil. Managers who had just came fresh off the scene from playing and look at how they've each transformed their teams. I understand we done this with Lambert but in my opinion it's the only way forward.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:47 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:He's got to go if we don't win next week.

Why? Cause he's unemployed? IMO he did a great job at RossCo so I'd welcome it but I'm not sure he'd take it on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

Why? Cause he's unemployed? IMO he did a great job at RossCo so I'd welcome it but I'm not sure he'd take it on.

He was at our game against Alloa last week and yesterday against Dumbarton, does he like watching our Barca style football or is he being lined up for a job?

If he's got any sense he wont come near us, esp with the SPFL/SFA hearings hanging over us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

He was at our game against Alloa last week and yesterday against Dumbarton, does he like watching our Barca style football or is he being lined up for a job?

If he's got any sense he wont come near us, esp with the SPFL/SFA hearings hanging over us.

Exactly.

And I see that McGlynn has yet to fall on his sword...which given the current run is the honourable thing to do rather than wait for his jotters.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:54 pm

without a doubt....i don't see us beating anybody in this league at this rate
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm struggling to think of a Livingston manager that has deserved to be sacked more.

I'm looking forward to the Facebook post this evening so the fans can let their anger out.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:I'm struggling to think of a Livingston manager that has deserved to be sacked more.

I'm looking forward to the Facebook post this evening so the fans can let their anger out.

They've stopped FB posts, mate. Probably so they don't have to face the fans anger.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Not since the Hughes debacle at Dunfermline has it been so grim but at least we had the likes of Scougall, McNulty, Russell, Andreu, Craig Barr and Tena in our team, we're a shadow of that team with the players we have now.

Tactics alone is not going to get us out of this but it would be a start, team selection too isn't helping, both are needing a shake up and I fear the only way that is happening would be with a change of manager. McGlynn doesn't seem able to see past the same old players, and some of them just aint cutting it.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 am

The man has failed ever since January when he said he was aiming for us to reach the play-offs after signing duffers.

8 league wins out of 32 in the calendar year is relegation form.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Not sure if this has been said before but I reckon he's waiting to see what the result of the court case is. If we get the embargo lifted he'll stay and try and get some players in January, if we don't get it lifted he'll walk.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:19 pm

LiviLion wrote:Not sure if this has been said before but I reckon he's waiting to see what the result of the court case is. If we get the embargo lifted he'll stay and try and get some players in January, if we don't get it lifted he'll walk.

Signing more rejects from Hearts isn't going to save our season, especially with him in charge. As I've said, he was given the chance to find replacements as close to the quality of Donaldson and Scougall as possible with the budget he had and he failed on that one.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Don't think the court case has anything directly to do with the embargo, it's about Nixon getting his loan back right away, and how much he's due. The embargo was self imposed in a way, after Rankine grassed Nixon up about not paying the tax on players bonuses, knowing what was likely to happen to the club afterwards.

Imo it could have been avoided if they had sorted this out before it became public knowledge but Rankine is playing games and wanted ammunition against Nixon going into court. It'll probably be paid once the court case has been settled, as part on the deal, but looks like that will only happen if it goes Rankine's way.

I don't know when this court case is but the SFA/SPFL hearing is this Fri and we could be getting a fine and/or a points deduction from Rankine having interests in more than one club. That to me is far more important than the embargo, a points deduction would def put us down and make the league pointless as a competition this season for the bottom half teams in a relegation battle..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content