The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

St Mirren v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Mirren v Livi Empty St Mirren v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:31 pm

Probably because of having a wee break from playing, but i'm feeling quite optimistic of taking something here. Baccus and a couple other players will be missing this game, and we'll have Nottingham and Obileye in contention for playing. I know we're not usually great after an International break, but i feel we'll be well up for it and be raring to go.

That's what i'm telling myself anyway, as i'm heading through to it full of optimism. bounce cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Mirren v Livi Empty Re: St Mirren v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:15 pm

Hope we reconjour the happy hunting ground mentality we used to have there.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:46 pm

Hopefully we get our arses into gear here.Good to have a couple of bodies back.St Midden having a wee blimp recently but will be a tough nut to crack,especially at their place.Would be be nice to get even a point if only to break this horrendous sequence of results.Just got to hope that the team turns up and has a go at them and at least have a few shots on target.Wishfull thinking I know but where there's hope etc etc.Mon the Lions.🦁👊⬆.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:02 pm

St Mirren have been jammy against us in recent times. An unfair Pittman sending off last season at home and a flukey last minute goal last time out. The first away game last season v them we were the better team but contrived to miss a penalty and surrendered to them late in the game.

They owe us. Mad
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:17 pm

No Ayo and no Montano - two important players for us. Sad
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:21 pm

All very well Davie saying he was happy Post match with certain players.End of the day 6 games and nothing gained.He was honest as usual by saying we are we deserve to be after that.Can he and Brian Rice turn this around?First time in years I have my doubts. Christ,said at the start of the season 9th.What id give if that came to fruition.Most won't,but I'd say pre Xmas,next week against County is definitely a must not lose,otherwise the inevitable will happen.On the plus side my friends, Newcastle restored any sense of joviolity this weekend. Sorry,off subject. 🦁🤷‍�Crying or Very sad🖤🤍⬆.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:53 am

I’ll say it Troy… lose to County and we are going down.

Davie has said he is confident we have the squad to stay up but on the evidence so far… not a chance. We aren’t even putting in the level of performance that we saw in the first few games of the league campaign.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Started off with plan A, boot it up to Guthrie, who in fairness won almost every header sent his way, however, we didn't win 2nd balls and had no goal threat from this plan.

St Mirren on the other hand, played balls over the top of our defenders into the channels of both wings, and ran in behind us, creating good chances with balls across the 6 yard box. Which is how they scored their goal, with Kelly running in towards his own goal scoring for them, all about the delivery and forcing us into defending facing our goal.

We did hit the bar before they scored, and twice Nouble ran up to the byeline and put in a cross, which had us looking threatening, but twice isn't really enough, he needs to do this a lot more often. Playing him as a RWB didn't help, too far back and was a weakness St Mirren exploited, playing balls down that wing and quite easily getting past him. For the love of not getting relegated can we play a natural fecking RB/RWB.

2nd half we continued with plan A, lumping it to Guthrie, and surprisingly to no one, we still had very little goal threat, by very littel i'm being generous, we had feckall goal threat. When we took off Kelly & Shinnie and brought on Parkes & Sangare we injected a bit of energy into our attack and got a bit of joy from Penrice and Sangare linking up, but they were a fraction out of sync with their passing when they got into St Mirren's box, and it didn't quite come off for them.

Anderson had a couple of decent balls played to him, but couldn't control them, the one over the top with him running into their box was a really good chance for him if he had got his foot on it to bring it under control, but it bounced off his leg and away. He did put a great ball into the box from the byeline late into injury time, and Nouble got a shot off, and i was leaning forward on my seat with anticipation celebrating a goal, but their keeper got an arm to it and the ball spun past the post. ARGHHHHHH so close.

Sean Kelly will hopefully be dropped once Obileye is back playing, really hoping Ayo will play against County next week, and we get proper WB's playing, and set up to go out and score goals, because our makeshift defence and non existant midfield is killing us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:07 pm

We're really depending on Obileye getting back and staying fit, he's the lynchpin playing centre of a back three.

Montano too, he's the only player willing to run with the ball from his own half and drive up the wing. This continually hitting long balls just isn't working, because unlike when we first came up, we haven't anyone pressing to win 2nd balls, and it just ends up with the opposition getting the ball and coming back at us. Use the wings and get balls down the channels, hitting the byeline and get balls across the box, to give Anderson a chance of doing his thing. It's too easy to nullify Anderson playing the way we're playing just now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm