The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup.

Troy

Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup. Empty Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup.

Post by Troy Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:37 am

Struggling to call this tbh.Recent performances have slightly improved.However our lack of chance taking is worrying at best.Suspect that Lawless and Mcmillen will fancy putting one over us,and Graham is always a threat despite his age.As long as it doesn't go to pens,God forbid,ma ticker couldn't take that scenario.Would be good to give us something to cheer us up,but I wouldn't put my house on it.Mon the Lions,just do it.🦁🏆🍻🍻🍻.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup. Empty Re: Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup.

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:07 pm

Hope we win this game, if for nothing else it'll give the players a wee lift winning a game, and a buzz for who we'll get in the next round. A cup run could just be what we need to keep morale up for league games, and helping us stay in the top flight.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:27 pm

Patrick will be oot for revenge for us relegating them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:33 pm

Robinson is injured and Lawless might be out too. That would be a big blow to Thistle if they 2 can't play, both are massive players for them. Would've also been trying extra hard to get one over on us, especially Robbo, the way it ended for him at Livi.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:28 pm

Gut feeling ahead of the game was (surprise surprise) a defeat… still no score as I post this
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:30 pm

And just as I pressed send the score line changed… and surprise, surprise, we go behind
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm

Big fight back from 2 down with Noobs getting 2 to take it to ET and Yengi winning it in the last minute of ET.

Looks like Morton may be the only non top flight club in the next round, Rangers leading against Ayr. Hearts away to Airdrie tomorrow… I can remember Airdrie being a cup bogey team for Hearts in the latter part of last century.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:32 pm

Wow what a comeback, that's a goal down against Raith, and 2 behind today, who says our players aren't playing for Martingdale still, fecking sure they are.

Managed to avoid the score till i watched the highlight on sportscene, thought we were cream crackered when Thistle scored, then another and i was nearly turning the telly over. What is happening here, Nouble scored 2 goal, finally the big man has woken up. Still thought we were goosed as pens beckoned, with our dreadful record, then Yengi scores the winner, ya belter.

Now lets take this into the league game, esp Nouble, we need him to be playing like this for the rest of the season.

Oh and again, wasn't impressed with McGovern, esp the 2nd goal, really poor.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:26 am

I think the Partick manager made a big boo boo with his substitutions when they went 2 goals up. He probably thought they had the game on the bag so he took off Graham and Lawless. I did too but it wasn't long after that that things started to click for Livi. We started to see signs of the Nouble of last season. Kelly and Brandon were feeding him with good passes. Thistle were finding the rejuvenated Livi hard to deal with and the goals started coming. It would be difficult not to give Nouble the man of the match but I thought Holt was great in the middle of the park. Yengi was a handful for the Jags. I have no idea why his first half goal was disallowed. Likewise a clear handball in our penalty area was waved on by Nick Ross.
    A last minute winner is one of the best things in football. It felt brilliant walking out of that stadium.
    I'll be in a great mood until tomorrow's draw now when we will likely get Hearts or Rangers away. That's the usual outcome for us.

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:32 am

Loved the goal celebration with Yengi jumping into the fans. He's buried in here, with Ayo and St Kelly joining him.

Jags v Livi.Scottish Cup. Screen13
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:01 am

I paused the image just before Yengi netted the disallowed goal… he has his arms loosely around the defender but doesn’t really do anything other than release and make his move for the ball. It’s a nothing incident that would not have been given as a pen had it been the defender doing it to Yengi. Poor refereeing by Walsh (nothing new there). The Thistle defender had a good grip of Ayo’s shirt at the corner which wasn’t a corner but resulted in Noobs tapping home his first.

It was a clear hand ball but there was little or no chance for the lad to react. It would be given these days but to me it was ball to hand not hand to ball.

But we got through and having beaten two of the better sides in the second tier I think we can conclude we are a better team than the league results suggest, and very few games have seen us walloped, just the breaks not going our way, every error punished and easy chances snatched at and missed. But that is what happens sometimes and teams get relegated as a consequence. So here’s hoping we get some things going our way in league games and we can haul ourselves back into contention for 11th, cos I think 10th is now beyond us with the points gap.

orco likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 am

Yeah the hand ball is def a penalty, doesn't matter if it's ball to hand, the position of his arm is out from his body, we've had them given against us for that.

This fighting spirit to comeback and the celebrations with the fans reminded me very much of the Cowdenbeath away game that galvanized the players for the Burchill great escape season. The passion and fight is there to see, all the talk of Martindale losing the dressing room is nonsense.

It also bodes well for us if we were to make 11th for the play offs, i didn't think we had that fight in us up till the Winter break, and reckoned we needed to finish 10th, but we've beaten Raith and Partick now, and they're 2 of the 3 teams in the play off positions, currently sitting 2nd & 3rd.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 am

Like most I suspect I genuinely thought we were out after going 2 goals behind.That never say die spirit that has deserted us for so long decided to give us a visit yesterday.Thistle will feel agreived and arguably so.Couldnt see a way back for us but credit to the lads for keeping going in what looked like a lost cause.Agree Doolan got his subs wrong resulting in Livi givin a lifeline to go for it,and they did.Feels strange celebrating a win.Can but hope we carry this on to the next game.Suspect we'll get an away tie with the draw.Lets just wollow in this for a wee while. 🤗🦁👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:25 pm

Yeah, the hand ball is a pen in the modern game but IMO that is a change that has not made the game better, and Holt looked like a demented munchkin chasing the ref claiming it.

The whole “hand is away from his body” argument is stuff and nonsense. When you move and balance it is natural for your arms to be out. The “hand is away from his body” argument eliminates common sense. Same as trying to jump as if you are doing the Pogo, for those of you who remember the punk era dance, arms are required for assisting the jump, so there is always a chance they will make contact with the opponent but it doesn’t mean you have assaulted him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:17 pm

I put up a video of African tribesmen doing the pogo dance, when Holt kept giving away pens, because his arms were above his head as he jumped. Those Maasai tribesmen springing up into the air with their arms by their side. lol!

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:01 pm

What we don’t know… they have a trampoline buried in the sand 🤣🤣

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:07 pm