The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Motherwell

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Motherwell Empty Livi v Motherwell

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:35 pm

Here we go again then, back to 6pts behind County, can we win another home game and close the gap to 3pts Question

Trying to stay positive and look for a way back, a win here and beat St Johnstone on Saturday could drag them into it too, we could be level with County and only 2pts behind St Johnstone. Aye i know, if my mother had baws she'd be my dad, but fingers crossed we at least beat Motherwell, County and St Johnstone lose their games, and we're right back to where we were last weekend. Perth is a bit closer than Dingwall but i think i'll give it a bye, been up there too many times and got beat, maybe if i don't go we'll win.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Motherwell Empty Re: Livi v Motherwell

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:48 pm

Well gave Celtic a scare yesterday, so it won’t be easy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:39 pm

Aye Celtic scored 2 goals in VAR/Celtic time. Hopefully it took a lot out of Motherwell's players, and a few are carrying knocks. I don't think they have a lot of quality outside their starting XI.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:20 am

Was impressed with Well at the weekend,but like us shot themselves in the foot near the end.The boy Bair looks a handfull and will need to be watched.So many permutations available still,but we've spent so much time in the last chance saloon ive frankly just about givin up.But I guess as long as its mathematicaly possible il live in hope.Would be uncharacteristically positive from Davie to start Anderson from the start and give us a wee chance before we fall behind,then I woke up.Just go for it Livi,nothing to lose now.🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:40 pm

If Anderson has signed a PCA, the only reason he’s getting near the match day squad is due to others being injured.

St Midden not doing us any favours tonight, but a County win stars dragging St J back into the mix, especially if we can beat Well (unlikely) St J lose to Aberdeen and we beat St J
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Auld Nick wrote:If Anderson has signed a PCA, the only reason he’s getting near the match day squad is due to others being injured.

St Midden not doing us any favours tonight, but a County win stars dragging St J back into the mix, especially if we can beat Well (unlikely) St J lose to Aberdeen and we beat St J

Nouble, Yengi and Guthrie are all fit and playing now, but Anderson and MacKay came on at HT ahead of Guthrie against County, and scored both our goals. Cutting our nose off to spite our face not playing our best striker, and Martindale kept playing Nouble last season despite him being pish, when he was saying he'd be offski this season. Not seen anything official on an PCA for Anderson, just Killie fans saying it, but don't think PCA's get announced in an official capacity.

Anyhoo, i think we need smaller quicker players like MacKay and Anderson to be starting this game, Motherwell's defence isn't great, we need to be getting at them and putting them on the back foot with quick mobile players.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Happy with that line up.

Livi v Motherwell Screen16
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Choked with the cold so watching from home tonight. Great start in terms of scoring early and it was great play by Anderson and Mackay linking and a good composed finish from Yengi.

Not much of a spectacle apart from that so far, but Mugabe should have equalised.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:38 pm

First half we probably deserved the lead as we handled their attacks easily. Second half we have been garbage and what was Martindale doing taking Mackay off? He was the only wide man doing anything. Nouble has been a passenger.

Both Motherwell goals were good from their perspective but garbage defending by us.

Typing this with 10 minutes plus injury time left. And as it stands, today is the day we can finally accept we are going down.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:47 pm

More appalling defending and we are 3-1 down.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Second half was shocking. We are down, end of story. The fat lady has sung.

The biggest gripe I have is that we did not react to the equaliser. And as soon as we went behind it was game over. Change of formation was useless, no cohesion, no real understanding of how to defend or how to get a grip of the game.

First half 6 out of 10
    Second half 0 out of 10
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:23 am

Clapped off at the end of the first half. Booed off at the end. We can't play for 90 minutes it seems.
    I think this was the night we accept we are down.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:36 am

Yep Horrendous night for football compounded by a continued laboured performance.Suspect that most are beginning to accept the inevitable, although some have been saying for weeks about seasons end outcome.Point could come when the Split games could become irrelevant as by that time we would be insurmountable and heading towards the trap door.The effort was there last night,but the lack of quality at both ends of the field has put us in such an impossible position.Tottaly brassed off and results going against us did nothing whatsoever to help things.Not looking forward to Saturday either.🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Auld Nick wrote:First half we probably deserved the lead as we handled their attacks easily. Second half we have been garbage and what was Martindale doing taking Mackay off? He was the only wide man doing anything. Nouble has been a passenger.  

Both Motherwell goals were good from their perspective but garbage defending by us.

Typing this with 10 minutes plus injury time left. And as it stands, today is the day we can finally accept we are going down.

Said the exact same thing to my mate, only thing Nouble did was a few decent passes, but even then, that just shows his lazyness to take the ball himself and go on a penetrating run, like we know he can do. Only once did i see Nouble just go for it, and was brought down giving the Motherwell player a booking. They can't handle him when he actually makes a run, but he just doesn't do it now.

Aye 2nd half we were shite, and Motherwell deserved to win, first half we missed a good chance to go 2-0 up, after that we were coasting along, and then Motherwell had one of those deflected shots with top spin i thought was destined to dip into our top corner, but went over the bar. You could see the 2nd half performance coming from them going into HT. Really disappointing after getting off to such a good start, 2nd half just shows how poor we are, and why we're bottom of the league, Motherwell aren't even one of the better teams in the league but totally outplayed us moving the ball around and comfortably getting down the wings putting good crosses into our box.

Running out of positivity after that game, our away form is abysmal, and St Johnston just won 2-0 against Aberdeen away, can't see us beating them on Saturday, and basically it's our last, really last, no kidding now last, this is it for real this time last, last chance with bells on, of having any hope of staying up.

Pains me to admit it, but realistically now, the only bottom 2 fight going on now, is between County, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, and maybe Motherwell, for who gets the relegation play off spot. If we manage to drag ourselves into that battle, it'll take us having to win 3 games on the bounce, which at this point would be miraculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:00 pm