The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
mozam76
LiviLion
Lexi Collector
LiviCub
Auld Nick
Liviforever
10 posters

Livi v Falkirk

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Falkirk Empty Petrofac Free Pies

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:20 am

A free pie for every Livi fan at the Falkirk game this Sat. santa

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&mid=2&ItemID=1165

Petrofac are also working with Livingston to serve up the same surprise next weekend when Falkirk visit West Lothian, with details to follow.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Falkirk Empty Re: Livi v Falkirk

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Up on our OS now, collect a voucher at the turnstyle on entry and claim a free pie at the serveries.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20141209_1.php
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Falkirk Empty Livi v Falkirk

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:03 am

Right...time to stop bathing in the glory of the Kirkcaldy victory...Falkirk at the Vale is next up....assuming the court case on Wednesday doesn't close the doors of course.

I reckon we will be on a bit of a high from the victory & if the Nixon Saga can be forced out of the picture then we might just secure a point against a Falkirk side that is threatening to enter the promotion play off picture.

Livi 2 Falkirk 2

FG 17 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:19 am

Every game is a cup final just now and providing this latest off field shite hasn't affected the players they should be right up for this game.

Have no idea where the goals will come from but here's hoping they continue with another goal spree. Livi to nick it 3-2. FG 24 mins.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 am

Feeling another 3 points for the Amber Machine.

2-1 for the Lions. FG 27 mins.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:24 pm

I think a draw, but if the Amber Machine pull off another win I'll be very happy Very Happy

Mon the Livi.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Looking forward to this, hopefully we can get the game on.

1-1, FG 33 mins.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:39 am

Pitch inspection at 1130.

If the game is on, I think we'll win 2-1. FGS 11 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:48 am

Really hope we get it on, Cowden v Hearts is PP so getting this game out the way will give us an advantage over them with games starting to build up over the winter months and Cowden playing twice a week to catch up.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Game on Cool
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Livingston FC @LiviFCOfficial

The referee has deemed the pitch playable and today's game with @falkirkbairns will go ahead as planned. 3pm kick off.

Well done and a big thank you to everyone involved in getting the game on.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Normal service resumed. An utterly abysmal performance.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Started off well, fell away and were lucky to go in only 1-0 behind.

2nd half was better and Falkirk hardly threatened from inside the box, actually thought we could've sneaked a draw but we missed our chance right at the end when we broke forward and had 4 against 3 but Keaghan hit it from distance and the keeper put it round the post for a corner. Falkirk are a decent team so no real loss getting beat, it would really have been a bonus getting something from them, same really in our next 2 games. It'll be the run after that with QoS being a team we seem to do well against (though tbh they should beat us too) and then the Alloa, Cowden and Dumbarton games being where we really need to win games or we can forget it.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Defended fairly well I thought, but the lack of creativity is astounding. If we have any it's being absolutely crippled by this long ball tactic - please John McGlynn, it's not the answer. IMO we've got two quality wingers in McKenna and Hippo, could see the difference when they came on and it was only then that we actually looked like snatching a draw. Another one of the main differences for me is White - not the fastest of players, his chance against MacDonald when the latter had to come racing off his goal line reminded me of McNulty against Morton in McGlynn's first game. Pacy striker got to the ball first and slotted it in - White today struggled to get to the ball and couldn't make a clean connection. It's wee things like that but they all begin to add up over the course of a season, especially when we only had two or three genuine chances today.

Even a point today would've made bursting my baws this morning clearing the pitch seem totally worth it. Neutral
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Best chances came when we had a player running at them, Rutherford was the first to do it with a long run up to the box, then another twice we had players doing that and put Falkirk on the back foot. We need to do that more often.

As much as Burchill had a good game last week he was dreadful today, continually flagged offside and for someone with his experience that is criminal. Shoud've subbed hima lot sooner for McKenna. Not sure Mullen should've come off as he's been the most consistent goal scorer recently but Hippo also gave us more urgency in attack. He did more in his brief sub appearance then Burchill did all game.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Forgot to say, if we had a team full of Declan Gallaghers we'd be top of the league easily. Calm, composed, brilliant ball control for a centre-half: Rolls Royce-esque.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Afro wrote:Forgot to say, if we had a team full of Declan Gallaghers we'd be top of the league easily. Calm, composed, brilliant ball control for a centre-half: Rolls Royce-esque.

Thought Mensing had a good game too, between them they had Bia Bi in their back pockets, dirty fecker was all over Mensing fouling him and got away with it most of the game.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Afro wrote:Forgot to say, if we had a team full of Declan Gallaghers we'd be top of the league easily. Calm, composed, brilliant ball control for a centre-half: Rolls Royce-esque.

With a defence of Gallaghers, a midfield of Scougalls/Andreus, and two of Griffiths up front we would be top of the league. NAP.
    Edward snowdon

Post by Edward snowdon Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Wish we would stop the long ball for all our height we dont win many. Can someone confirm who the striker was when Macdonald beat him too it i thought it was ogelby Afro says White livi highlights will confirm.
    Biggest thing for me today was the midfield we lost here how many time a defender looked for a pass and noone wanted it maybe why we just punted it long.
    Yet another game not much in it but we come away with nothing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:06 pm

In my mind it was White as I remember thinking he's normally pretty good 1 on 1 like that but got beat by the goalie. Was Ogleby on at the time?

One consolation was Alloa lost too, and doubt Cowden will get anything when they play Hearts. Those are the two teams we're bothered about now, our wee mini league to avoid the bottom 2 places. Though I can see Raith dropping down into the danger zone too the way they're going.

I thought we were going to get a right drubbing when Falkirk had us under the cosh in the first half, so was at least not too bad seeing us make it a bit closer in the 2nd, and getting a couple of half chances. Frustrating to watch as we lost a hell of a lot of balls in midfield and got sloppy passing the ball, but we dug in to make a game of it.
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 pm

It was definitely Ogleby.

I have to say, I'm struggling to correlate today's performance with some of the posts here. I'm never overly negative, but I genuinely thought we were abysmal today. The incident you refer to LF, when Rutherford ran forward, I looked at my watch and it was 1629. That was our first attempt at breaking forward , 70 minutes in, from a young left back who's confidence looks shot to bits at times.

It was a genuine chance to put pressure on Cowdenbeath today, yet the team put in a powderpuff performance with practically zero threat.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Falkrk have had a few wins on the trot and are pushing for a play off place above Hibs so you have to put it in perspective Mozam. They beat Cowden 1-0, Hibs 1-0, and now us 1-0, seems to be a scoreline they're able to grind a result out with.

As I said in a prev post, Alloa & Cowden at home are the games we def need to take 6 points from, and hopefully something from the QoS and Dumbarton games. I'm only incl Qos because we've not lost to them in our 4 games this season and seem able to score goals against them.

Positives today were Mensing and Gallagher in defence, if we can keep those two fit we'll have a chance of getting up to 8th place. The first 10 mins, thought we'd scored in that spell when the ball looked as if it had hit the back of the net. And young Beaumont takes a mean free kick.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:41 pm

It was fairly even until the goal; which was a good finish but DJ looked like he didn't think it was going in as he made no real effort to save it. Then Falkirk were clearly on top & we fell apart.

I disagree with those who thought we did better second half; it was more evidence that McMogadon hasn't got a Scooby how to motivate the players at half time because yet again we were slow, ponderous & lethargic in the second 45 until the substitutions.

Best move of the match was our final chance but I'm not sure why/if Keaghan chose to shoot or if he simply failed to cut it back as there appeared to be 2 or 3 waiting to tap it in.

It was definitely Ogleby who failed 1 on 1 with McDonald...the big "9" on his back was the giveaway.

Once again the ref was abysmal; didn't affect the outcome of the game but how he could penalise us for not taking a throw in from the right place when up to that point Falkirk hadn't been (clearly seen when they had a throw in their own half & were 2 yards into ours when they took it) & his failure to take action on Biabi for persistent fouling was ridiculous.

I knew it would be tough today but thought with the performance & confidence gained last week we'd force a draw; sadly it was back to the same garbage that we saw during the winless streak.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:56 pm

I disagree it was pretty even until they scored, they were clearly on top leading up to their goal and I felt it was coming. Then they continued to press and hit the post twice.

2nd half was def better or we'd have been scudded, Falkirk didn't really have a clear chance 2nd half and mostly took shots from range. Not saying we improved greatly but we certainly limited their chances.

Don't think we're back to post points deduction form either, we were leaking goals like a sieve up to the Raith game, now we've conceded 2 in 2 games. Gallagher being back has made a huge difference and Mensing is also forming a decent partnership with him. We had a couple of close chances but just didn't take them, and against a much tougher team than Raith.

Lets be honest here, we were bottom of the league before the points deduction, and bottom for a reason. We're not suddenly going to be a top 5 team just because we've beaten Raith 5-1, it'll be a slog getting above Cowden and Alloa and we'll have to suffer along the way.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:03 am

Apologies folks, was sure it was White who was through on goal. Can't say anything differently even if it was Ogleby, he's looked gash any time I've seen him. Would agree we don't look as bad as we did pre-points deduction, not that it's anything to write home about. I'm not expecting much from the rest of the games over the festive period, but it's imperative we win those three against the PT teams - if we don't we are fucked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 am