The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Afro
Liviforever
6 posters

Jason Talbot (200th Appearance)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Jason Talbot (200th Appearance) Empty Jason Talbot (200th Appearance)

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:45 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-captain-jason-talbot-set-5603682

Congrats to Jason on his 200th appearance for the club on our last league fixture against QoS at home, signed 7 years ago and has always been a fully committed player for the club.

Would be great if he's still here next season and would set a new record as Livi FC's most capped player.
    Afro
    Afro

Jason Talbot (200th Appearance) Empty Re: Jason Talbot (200th Appearance)

Post by Afro Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:55 pm

I know I slagged him rotten last season and the start of this one for some of his insane actions, but he's really kept a lid on it since he took that Nicholson boy's head off a few months ago. Whether that control's came with getting the captaincy, or Mark Burchill being in charge now, or a combination of both - it's great to see his mental state's now in sync with his footballing ability. I think we'd be struggling to find another left back within our budget who even comes close to the guy, I think amongst all his misdemeanours it's easily forgotten that he is a very good player for this level. Certainly, I don't think Rutherford is ready for the starting XI, although people will argue he should be given time; irregardless of what league we're in next season, I think having Jason Talbot here should be one of the top priorities on the playing staff side of things.

I really get the feeling he really cares about Livi as well, which is rare in football nowadays. I'd much rather he was our top appearance holder than Liam Fox, tbh (no offence, Foxy).
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:36 pm

One of the best players in the team this season, undoubtedly. Just very solid in his defending.

How far is he away from Fox's record?

Edit: Whoops, read the article, James. 219 for anyone like me.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Always appreciated his whole hearted attitude & seen him mixing with the fans on the terracing at places like Alloa when coming back up the leagues when he was injured.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Should try and keep him for as long as possible. Been very loyal to the club and as Afro says, somebody who clearly cares deeply about the club. Would go a long way in building some legacy if we've got a player who's been here for close to a decade, as we have nobody like that, a club legend if you like. That's before mentioning his qualities as a player - do not get rid of him.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri May 01, 2015 8:41 pm

As I've said before, I wouldn't have given him a new contract nearer the time of McGlynn leaving and Burchill coming in but he's had a resurgence since becoming captain. He's went through thick and thin with us and both sides would feel appreciated if pen was put to paper.

To be honest, although he said in the interview that he wants to move up in his career, I don't think there's a club that would take him due to the coverage he gets from opposing fans plus I think he's reached his level with a club like ours.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Another excellent performance from JT today; despite some overly physical treatment that went unpunished by the ref, he didn't rise to the bait & led the side with distinction.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun May 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Just get Rankine out the door and give guys like him a new contract. He was immense yesterday. I even asked him yesterday at the end of the game to stay forever, so there's hope yet lads.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 5:16 pm

Afro wrote:Just get Rankine out the door and give guys like him a new contract. He was immense yesterday. I even asked him yesterday at the end of the game to stay forever, so there's hope yet lads.

Hahaha brilliant mate, what did he say?
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun May 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:
    Afro wrote:Just get Rankine out the door and give guys like him a new contract. He was immense yesterday. I even asked him yesterday at the end of the game to stay forever, so there's hope yet lads.

Hahaha brilliant mate, what did he say?

Gave it the old grin and laugh routine, didn't say anything but was more than happy to have pictures taken with fans and take time to shake their hands. Kinda felt like he was saying goodbye, or maybe he was just thanking the fans for support the last few weeks. Either way, good guy, good player, renewing his contract is a total no-brainer. One of the guys who seems to be partly ITK on P&B (I know, I know, but he seems like a good poster) reckons he's away if he can get a new club, along with Gallagher, the Jacobs and O'Brien. Now, I know we're not exactly cash rich but surely the wages saved from any of they five would be enough to keep one of them? The team would certainly better off with any of them, O'Brien to a lesser extent, but I think the club would really benefit from Talbot and/or Kyle staying. Real leadership, good engagement with the fans, surely that's what we should be building the club on when Rankine gets emptied?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 5:42 pm

I think for a lot of players that seems like a goodbye, but not Talbot. His attitude has stepped up massively. Was at the open training session and the Challenge Cup final after party, and he had loads of time for the supporters. Will be gutted if he's not here after the summer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 pm