The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Toni Macaroni Arena

forzalfc

Toni Macaroni Arena Empty Toni Macaroni Arena

Post by forzalfc Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:24 am

I'm all for making money wherever we can but the Toni Macaroni Arena just sounds fucking daft.

And I thought the Energy Assets arena was bad...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Toni Macaroni Arena Empty Re: Toni Macaroni Arena

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Yeah got a few chuckles when it was announced on Sat there. Past caring what it is called now, it'll always be Almondvale (the Vale).

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:08 pm

See whenever I go to away games, I never hear the stadium announcer mention the stadiums name. Maybe at half 2 when there's about 4 people in the entire ground they'll go 'welcome to St Mirren Park' but that'll be it. Our boy mentions our stadium name about 40 times pre-match, HT and FT. I think with a name like 'Toni Macaroni Arena' he'll need to cut it out, all for the sponsorship money, that's great. But lets just keep it on the down low.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Dunno the daylate rangers has it as the most ridiculous named stadium ever and has a story about it, then saying they'll continue to call it Almondvale after doing a spread trying to mock it, fuds.

Actually think it is a great bit of business, like the Partick Th mascot and pink strip, it has got us all over twitter and in the national press, and even if it is to laugh at the name it is still good publicity. Makes a change from the usual stories of court cases and financial troubles.

Also good seeing local businesses getting involved with the club, and fans getting discount offers too (although don't see any for Tony Macaroni, which is a bit strange).
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:40 pm

The Daily Record and STV can quite frankly fuck off and die. DR have been chipping away at us ever since we took the pash out the Huns last October. Their coverage of the Declan Gallagher contract/court case was absolutely disgusting, and STV weren't much better. Both of em can fuck off with tabloid shite like this, if you buy the DR you're a certified window licker and closet Hun.

Edit: LF, not saying you read the Daily Record btw, these things pop up everywhere and aren't easy to avoid!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:The Daily Record and STV can quite frankly fuck off and die. DR have been chipping away at us ever since we took the pash out the Huns last October. Their coverage of the Declan Gallagher contract/court case was absolutely disgusting, and STV weren't much better. Both of em can fuck off with tabloid shite like this, if you buy the DR you're a certified window licker and closet Hun.

Edit: LF, not saying you read the Daily Record btw, these things pop up everywhere and aren't easy to avoid!

Laughing

Nah I don't buy any papers, I tend to read news from online sources that don't just give biased political views the mainstream tabloids/media give us. I read it from an online Livi feed that puts up Livi related stories. Was a pain after the deadco game as it has their teams stories all over because we had just played them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah got a few chuckles when it was announced on Sat there. Past caring what it is called now, it'll always be Almondvale (the Vale).

Shouldn't that be pasta caring??

Don't know why it can't be Tony Macaroni's Almondvale Stadium.

Calling it an "arena" is ludicrous.

Alternatively given current results perhaps "theatre of nightmares" is more apt.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:40 pm

I like it if for no other reason than the (supposed) elite football fans whose teams have a H.I.S.T.O.R.Y. get all uppity about anything Livi.
    I remember when we were the West Lothian Courier Stadium. It was a bit of a novelty but quite a few clubs have now jumped on to that bandwagon.
    Trendstters that's us. Cool
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Yeah got a few chuckles when it was announced on Sat there. Past caring what it is called now, it'll always be Almondvale (the Vale).

Shouldn't that be pasta caring??

Don't know why it can't be Tony Macaroni's Almondvale Stadium.

Calling it an "arena" is ludicrous.

Alternatively given current results perhaps "theatre of nightmares" is more apt.

Very good Bertie.

Aye they're all getting a Pizza the action with the stadium name sponsoring Orco.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:12 pm

And anyway the Shyberry Excelsior Stadium in Airdrie sure takes the prize as the most ridiculous name for a Scottish football ground...not sure if it still has that name but it did when it was built.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:27 pm

The cheaper insurance stadium or whatever Dumbarton's new name is must be up there too. Think it's quite funny the media/internet frenzy ours has caused. Laughing

I read some club has the hunky dory park, now that would've been hilarious if we'd done that one, everything is just hunky dory down at Livi. lol!

Tony Macaroni must be really happy with the publicity their name has got, whatever they're paying us it aint enough for the coverage they got this week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm