The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LiviCub
Lexi Collector
EdinburghLivi
Liviforever
Durnford
9 posters

Hibs v Livi (Tues 7,45 pm ko)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi (Tues 7,45 pm ko) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hibs v Livi (Tues 7,45 pm ko)

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:43 pm

Hibs luv in on bbc radio at HT, going on about their quality will be too much for us 2nd half. When Buchanan comes on and plays up front with White they're in for a big surprise, he'll be more of a threat than Hippo up with White. They know feck all about us though, should've heard the pish they were saying about us beating Raith and QoS by sitting in and playing it up to White, lol.

Funnily enough they're saying this isn't Hibs best game and they've played a lot better in other games. Strange how teams playing us don't ever have their normal game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Shite, Keatings scored, just after us having the best of the opening few minutes too, Hippo should've scored too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Games a bogey now, 2-0 Hibs.

Buchanan on at last though so maybe get a goal back to make it interesting.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Commentator saying White has had a good game but he'd have benefited from Having Buchanan on from the start, nae shit batman, every single Livi fan knows that, try telling Burchill though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Yass Sheerin scores.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

2-1 FT.

FFs play 2 up against Sevco and give us a chance of getting something, we aint going to hold out against these teams, we need to get goals against them to get something.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Just read the Twitter commentary... Sounds like we gave a decent account of ourselves. But I agree LF, we don't get results playing 1 up on his own and I frankly hate that formation. Most teams that are favourites don't like being harried and harassed. In Dad's Army parlance, "they don't like it up 'em!"

So put out a positive formation and get stuck in, this in turn gets the fans involved and they start backing the team because they see them getting "into them" and if you get a goal up it puts the opposition under pressure while if you lose by a couple at least you "had a go"
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 am

Yeah White did well against Hibs, credit to the FB's too they were getting crosses into the box and White was winning them, just needed either Buchanan or Sheerin in there too to get the knock downs.

Can't fathom Burchill out starting Hippo after him not even being in the squad against Morton, all very strange. Sounds like Hippo did alright though and created a chance for himself that should've got us a goal, White was fouled in the box too according to what I heard on the radio, the old IF ONLY again, who knows what would've happened had we gone a goal up.

Really hope we go 2 up front against Sevco and give it a go at scoring. I really think we're good enough defensively to have a go at them 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 with Millen & Longridge being in defence or getting up the wings when we break. White and Buchanan would prob be the best front two, big White will win balls played up to him and Buchanan is pretty mobile to get up beside him to feed off it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:42 am

Cracking goal by Sheerin, Buchanan also did well running onto the long ball and picking out the pass with his cut back.

Nice through ball by McGinn for Keatings goal too.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/freeview
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:34 pm

The better team won on the night but we gave a really good account of ourselves and ensured some broon trooser among the Hibs fans during the time after Sheerin scored.

Our defence has improved since the introduction of the Gallagher, Gordon, Neill formation and giving away silly goals has greatly reduced. Here's hoping they stay largely injury and suspension free.

I thought Faria had a good game and Pittman, as usual, worked hard. Longbridge had the misfortune to be booked very early on which meant he was walking tightrope for the rest of the game. White is now winning high balls and is also good with the ball at his feet. We had an excellent shout for a penalty as he had two arms round him in the penalty box stopping him from reaching a dangerous ball. But Thomson was playing to the noisy home crowd all night. Nae change there. It's a pity Millen isn't a stronger defender because he really is an excellent crosser of a ball. The inclusion of Hyppolyte in the starting line up was a puzzle. He looked rusty to me - like he hadn't had much match time since the Dumbarton game. Bringing him on as a sub I think would have been more effective.

Anyway I didn't expect points from this one so I am satisfied with a decent performance and will be happy to get the next couple of games out of the way so we can get back to playing teams at our own level.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Like Orco i didnt expect anything from last nights game,however having spoken to a few Hibs fans in Leith this afternoon they said they were very nervious towards the end of the game,but were relieved to take the 3 points.Also saw Burchill on Scotland Today tonight saying we would be nowhere near the bottom end of the table come May.Talk about the kiss of death.Maybe if you listened to the vast majority of the Livi support Burchy and went with 2 up front in most games your wee premonition might just might come to fruition.Any ways before i finish would just like to say much Kudos to the hearty souls who braved the elements and attended the game last night. Well done.Ps.Orco will let Hector know how to do a proper post just like yours.LOL.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 pm

TBF he's gone 2 up front in games against other teams, Raith, QoS & Morton were all started with White & Sheerin then White & Buchanan, he just wont do it against Hibs or Sevco. Our defence has looked settled since the back 3 CB's had a run of games together though so think we could give 2 forwards a go against Sevco.
    I admire his positivity though, don't think anyone can knock it, he didn't once come out and say we'd be bottom last season and kept believing we'd stay up. With Alloa being so bad I doubt we'll be bottom this season and we've St Mirren and Dumbarton in a 3 way battle to keep us safe too, those head to heads will be crucial in staying abve them.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 pm

If we play like that on Saturday we could get a result. Very organised and difficult to break down, whilst looking quite dangerous up front in spells too. Nothing you could do to stop the 2nd from going in but until that we were always right in it. I was quite happy with our performance, but we need to keep that level of organisation and discipline up against the diddy teams to see results improve. I'd agree with Burchill, I think with our current squad we're a mid-table side and if we get a bit more fortune and sharpness in our attack we won't be fighting relegation.

As a side note, I thought the players deserved a little bit more support from those who were there last night. When we pulled a goal back there was still a good 6/7 minutes of football left and most of our lot couldn't even be bothered to get off their arse. As we learnt from last season, a bit of vocal backing goes the extra mile.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:37 pm

A pretty solid performance against a good team. First goal was pretty good so I don't really have complaints but we gave the ball away really poorly before the great finish on the 2nd.

I wouldn't say we were really playing a 1 up top as Hippolyte was playing pretty far forward when we were in possession. I felt defensively we were pretty spot on until we started chasing the game and of course the gaps opened up at that point but were merited in that, when we got the goal.

If we play like that today, we will stand a chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm