The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Durnford
Achilles
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviCub
9 posters

Pros v Fans

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Pros v Fans Empty Pros v Fans

Post by Auld Nick Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:39 pm

Well who'd have thunk it.... Livi playing a fans team, hopefully the pros emerge without any injuries

Pros 4 Fans 2

Fg 15 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Pros v Fans Empty Re: Pros v Fans

Post by LiviCub Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:06 pm

I recently got grilled on twitter because I thought the club were giving GS too much coverage.

To avoid getting harassed by such a vain mob, I hope this game is postponed.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Really couldn't care less about a Livi game than this one, so basically, who gives a shit!

Bertie I could think of one player I wouldn't mind the GS giving a wee injury to for a couple of months. We'll prob put out kids and fringe players to get kicked by the GS though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Frankly don't care about this either but hey ho its the next game.

Yes sorry, a wee elbow in the coupon for a certain individual wouldn't go amiss.

I think the club have agreed to a certain number of regulars but still, don't really care.

If I can drag myself away from Soccer AM, I might pop down for a laugh...but I doubt it.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Couldn't care less about a game of football in my life. I hope they aren't expecting a big crowd to this, 2 amateur teams battling it out at 11am on a Saturday. I'll take this opportunity to go and watch Broxburn play this Saturday.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:32 am

And yet they're opening the Almondvale suite for three people and a dug? Good to know our financial worries are over; least-ways I imagine our stewarding bill will be less than if the great unwashed were here.

As a matter of interest why aren't the first team concentrating in actually improving their defence and stopping leaking silly goals rather than playing some pointless match? Hell; they may even lose; just think what that will do for the confidence?
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Given that the entire Premiership has a weekend off, it would have made much more sense surely to face a professional side who were free. IIRC we have already played Celtic and Motherwell in closed door games during the season. Surely beneficial to both sides to keep fitness up and try final tactics heading into the last stretch of the season.

If we were well clear of trouble, I'd actually congratulate Livi on making this sort of movement towards involving fans more. Sadly, given the cloud that seems to be hanging over LFC and GS' relationship, especially through social media, it's not something that I can really subscribe to given the fact we're second bottom in the league and staring oblivion in the face. I also somehow doubt all the donations raised will be going to Youth Development...

EDIT: If we're actually making predictions here and putting them towards the prediction league, I may as well put down something. 7-2 to the pros, FG 2 mins.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Hear Hear Afro,well said mate. This is absolutely nonsensical this game,it is just another piece of buffoonery from those in charge,wouldnt livi be better taking on a local junior side or lowland league side if they haven't a game this weekend,a game where livi will get reasonably stretched and tested in!!! This continual sucking up to the GS is an embarrassment!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:18 am

Pros to be up 1-0 at half time, only to lose 2-1... Again.

Anyway, as much as a waste of time this game will be, a more serious prediction would be 5-1, FG 13 mins.
    AMF

Post by AMF Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:21 pm

^close 6-1 "pros"
    Now WTF has that proven?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:53 pm

A game even McCallum scored in, good preparation for the play-offs there.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Knox scored twice...must have put £1 or 2 on his valuation. McCallum apparently scored playing as an outfield player. Stanton, Mullin and Pittman the other scorers, not in that order tho.

It proved the pros are better than the fans... So the fans should stop being so critical because in fact they COULDN'T do any better lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Surprised Stanton was allowed to play in this, has Griffiths getting his injury before his Scotland call up about it, when he 'injured himself running for a bus' or was having a kick about with his mates as the other story that was going around went. If Stanton got injured I wonder how Hibs would've felt about it

On League matters, I see Alloa are 2-1 up against QoS, they're on the kind of run we should be on, 1-0 win over Hibs last week too. QoS are pish but we all know what happens when we play teams that can't win a game to save themselves, we'll set up to not lose with White in midfield and grind out a 2-2 draw, with Queens scoring 2 worldies from outside the box.

*edit. 2-2 now, scratch that about us wanting to replicate their results, unless they get a 3rd to win 3-2. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm