The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v QP

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QP Empty Livi v QP

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:39 pm

This looks like being our toughest game in December, QP have 4 wins and 2 draws in their last 6 league games. If ever Bertie's draw prediction was going to come up it's this game.

Tbh i'd be happy with a draw, as long as we win against East Fife the following week, 16 points out of 18 in December would be a very good return, and QP will be taking points from all our other top 4 teams, they're a hard team to play against. In saying that I still think we'll get a win, with our fitness now telling in games we're scoring a lot of late goals and I think we'll grind out another narrow win against a stuffy team.

2-0 Livi, fg 33 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v QP Empty Re: Livi v QP

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Whitch is why I'm going for

Liv 1 QP 1
    FG 24 mins

We are on course to get Hoppy another managerial award
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:37 am

Is the PoTM awards just going to goal scorers, because I reckon Pittman deserves it for this month's award, even though he isn't scoring now, his work in midfield has been outstanding.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:25 am

Pittman is my player of the season so far. How he lay "undiscovered" in the juniors is amazing to me. He certainly learned a lot playing there, despite his size he never shirks a tackle and his work rate is second to none. I think his stamina has improved since joining us as he is like the Duracell/Energizer Bunny, he just keeps going.

He's a terrific player for us & we need to enjoy him while we have him because I can see him playing at a higher level comfortably.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Wee bit early for me to be posting on this game but here goes.Firstly i just hope to god that the drainage around the pitch is working after the hammering it took today with the adverse weather conditions which are set to continue tommorow.If the game gets the nod to go ahead i susspect the pitch to resemble an irish bog in some parts at the end of the game,bearing in mind the way it has been cutting up recently.And in that sense i reckon that this could be a bit of a leveller for the amatures from Mount Florida.Hopefully the boys dont take their foot off the gas and readress the result from our last meeting which we all know we should have taken something from.Anyways another hard fought sneaky win would do me as i think it would many others although of course we would all like to see a barrowload hitting the back of the net for us.Finally just in case im to hung over to post over the period il take this opportunity to wish all our posters the compliments of the season to all of you and you all get what you hope for.For me 3 points and a nice cold beer afterwards would do for starters.Have a good one and as always,lets do it Livi!!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 26 mins.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:52 am

1-0 Livingston. FG 79 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 pm

The last game against QP was eye-gougingly bad, but it's fair to say we've come on quite a bit since then. I also think we've turned a corner against teams looking to come in and sit back, frustrate us. Going for an optimistic 2-0 Livi, FG 31 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Unfortunately QP didn't come to sit in & frustrate us.

First half we played ok, so did QP, it was a reasonably good game and the ref was relatively unnoticeable. i thought Buchanan had missed when we took the lead but on the whole I thought we deserved the lead.

Second half was a completely different story, the ref decided to get involved and started making a number of questionable decisions. That said IMO he got the two decisions that led to QP goals correct and we defended abysmally at both. Our second half performance was woeful and while Hoppy deserves credit for his use of subs in recent weeks, today he got 2 of the 3 wrong.

For whatever reason the back 3 that strolled through the first half, suddenly became a bomb scare combination, so switching to a back 4 made sense. But Buchanan was playing as poorly as I've seen from him since he arrived at the club and despite his goal he should have been hooked, Carrick wasn't getting many chances but he was pestering their defence much more than Buchanan, so IMO Carrick should have stayed on & Buchanan taken off. And putting Neill on up front was an act of desperation that left him looking like a fish out of water and completely confused about what he was being asked to do.

Buchanan's penalty miss was one of the worst I have ever seen. If the goalie hadn't dived he could have walked forward and picked it up. I think that is 2 he has missed this season and both were useless efforts. I'd be giving De Vita or Pittman penalties from here on.

Very disappointing defeat, thankfully we had a large cushion of points but any more displays like that second half & it won't take long for Airdrie to catch up again.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:42 pm

We do usually bounce back well from defeats, so I'm not overly concerned about today. On another day we'd have gotten a draw, save for the awful penalty from Buchanan. You're right BB, Hopkin should be getting some flak for his subs and tactics today, cost us the game tbh.

Morgyn Neill up front. I'm out, have a good Christmas everyone.
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Nobody was at the races today. The referee really had a nightmare but we didn't deserve to win. The title race is far from over, I want to believe that we won't fuck this healthy lead but....I don't feel so confident. Being a Livi fan is never dull I guess! Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Pretty sure that was Buchanan's first penalty miss, Mullen missed our first this season and Buchanan started taking them after that, and scored them all. Then Cadden took our last penalty against Rovers when Buchanan had been subbed. Was wishing Buchanan had been subbed instead of Carrick too and Cadden had taken it again.

We put a couple of good crosses into the box that had no takers and I was thinking Carrick is the one player that has got himself on the end of those type of crosses in our last few games too, so I agree with Bertie that it was the wrong substitution. When Neill came on we'd thrown in the towel and ran out of ideas.
    We were playing into QP's hands once we started playing high balls up to their huge Centre back and trying to play through the centre, our best moves were from driving at them down the wings and getting in behind them, working overlaps, whenever we did that we caused them problems.

We played decent in patches but once we went behind we lost our way and struggled, still should've had a draw though and I couldn't believe we missed that penalty. A draw would've been a decent result against QP, and I thought that pre match too, they'll take points from Brechin and Airdrie as well, so i'm not too down about us losing today.

Just better beat East Fife next week and keep our away form going. Anyhoo, Merry Xmas fellow Livi fans, we're still top of the league. santa
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:23 pm

When he was lining up to take the pen I turned to my lads and said "He's going to miss this" - there was just something about the way he was standing and the way the goalie was delaying it.

I also thought he should have had a second pen and there should have been a free kick at the edge of the box when Mullen was taken out.

Hard to feel merry after that but wishing you all a very good Christmas. santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:16 pm