The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
LiviCub
LiviLion
Troy
Afro
8 posters

Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling Empty Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:40 pm

We have owned Airdrie this season and I hope we rub their noses in it on Saturday.
    Sadly I think the very fact we have owned them will make them dangerous opponents.

Us 1 Them 1 FG 34 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling Empty Re: Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Someone is due a doing and that someone is Airdrie, the goals will flow in this game, 6-0 Livi, fg 2mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling Empty Re: Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling

Post by Afro Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:09 pm

The demolition job we inflicted on them a few weeks back was the best I've seen us play in the past 3 or 4 years. Unfortunately, we won't have the luxury of the artificial surface through in Airdrie so I'm predicting a fairly scrappy game. Would take a 1-0 win with the ball skimming off Iain Russell's beautiful napper in the 7th minute of injury time, just need to keep winning.

Thankfully, Airdrie seem to be utterly rotten, and no matter how many times Mark Wilson watches us, his side are in for a pumping on the tattle field. 3-0 Livi, FG 17 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Liviforever wrote:Someone is due a doing and that someone is Airdrie, the goals will flow in this game, 6-0 Livi, fg 2mins.

I admire your optimism here LF, if the chances flow like they did on Tuesday, then surely we won't be as wasteful as we were..?

Obviously helps that Airdrie have Mensing as well as that big haddy Boateng at centre-half. A pumping delivered to Airdrie of all teams would be a wonderful statement and hopefully help us kick on towards the league in 3/4 games time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 pm

If we start the way we have in our last 2 home games and score with our first chance in around 2 mins then we'll go on to romp the game. Just need that first goal to come early and get another 2 or 3 and Airdrie will collapse. Combination of us driving on looking to score goals and Airdrie's bottle crashing could see us get 6 goals easy. Big if right enough but what the heck, as well getting hung for a sheep than a lamb with my prediction, was thinking another 4-0 but thought i'd go all supernova with 6-0. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Not getting sucked in by the defeatest noises emminating from Airdrie supporters at the moment.Our pitch will once again negate any superiority we will have over Airdrie in my opinion although hopefully we can adapt quicker than them and get that first goal that will surely settle us down.The weather is looking decent for Saturday so hopefully we can attract a sizeable support to cheer the lads on with the finishing line so agonisingly close.Wakey Wakey West Lothian its glory hunting time!!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 pm

1-1 FG 21 mins
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:06 pm

The Amber Machine 2. The Pretenders 1. FG 33 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Didn't get my 6 goals but I got the win and think I was closest to time of first goal too. cheers  When we scored our 2nd goal I was thinking we'd go on to win 6-0 but the tempo dropped after that and Airdrie got a goal from nothing really. Good hit from a perfect distance and area but our wall was a bit pish and would have to see the highlights to see if Kelly could've done better.

2nd half was good though, after we got our 3rd goal anyway, up till then Airdrie looked dangerous putting a few balls across our 6 yard box, we defended them well though and it was always a Livi player there to clear it. 3rd goal settled us down again and it never looked like we'd be in any danger of dropping points after that.
    Big Toddy had two 1 on 1's he could've scored but credit to the keeper for blocking them, absolute peach from Cadden for our 4th, he had a wee practice shot just before the goal whe it went narrowly past the post. Said when he came on he'd score, i think that's 4 times he's scored in games agains Airdrie now.
    Dunno about the consolation goal from the penalty, didn't look like Beany was fouled but he was always going down in a situation like that, just glad it didn't make any difference at that stage. Ended up another comfortable win for Livi against Airdrie and now 11 points clear* with just 6 games to go. Mon the Lions cheers

*Left the ground thinking Alloa had won 2-1, fecking belter. Very Happy
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:19 pm

When the second went in I thought "LF will think his prediction is on today" lol!

I thought Kelly was badly positioned and someone shouted "Liam" just before the shot which to me was an indication that the defence knew the shot was being taken on more than the keeper did. It wasn't that powerfully struck either so I think he should have been able to scramble and save it.

I think we got a bit lackadaisical a few minutes after 2-0 which allowed them back into it but we never looked in too much trouble. I think we played better in the first hour on Tuesday than we did all game today but we managed to convert a few chances. Russell should have been booked for diving, it was never a pen, the ball was won cleanly and went for a corner and he dived over the defender's
    (Halkett?) leg.

Their keeper looked a complete haddy for the 4th but we deserved it. It was a good shot but it should have been an easy save. One of the girls beside us said Cadden would come on for Mullin and score...maybe she should do the prediction league jocolor

Like you I left thinking Alloa had won but today's results mean we can't finish lower than second unless there is an almighty collapse of losing the last 6 and GD swinging wildly.

It also means 8 more points wins the league as that would put us 19 ahead of Alloa's current total and even if they win all 6 games we'd still be a point ahead.

So 3 more wins or 2 wins & 2 draws in our last 6 does the trick.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:28 pm

All about the points. Not about the performance. This league is now ours.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

Like you I left thinking Alloa had won but today's results mean we can't finish lower than second unless there is an almighty collapse of losing the last 6 and GD swinging wildly.

It also means 8 more points wins the league as that would put us 19 ahead of Alloa's current total and even if they win all 6 games we'd still be a point ahead.

Yeah and it's a 6 pointer in a fortnight when we play Alloa, so a win next week and then against Alloa would be enough for us to win the league. I was bursting for us to have the Alloa game to win the league too, couldn't be any more perfect if it is.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:52 pm

I'd say the score today was Livi 4 Referee 2. Never a penalty and the free kick for their first goal came from a 50/50 challenge. I actually thought we had got the the decision.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Don't know about the penalty. Where I was it looked like a stone waller, no need to dive in like that at 4-1 and the player going out the way

Reasonably comfortable day and another win over Airdrie which is pleasing. Also good to see a goalkeeper worse than ours as well. That boy was horrendous!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:33 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

Yeah and it's a 6 pointer in a fortnight when we play Alloa, so a win next week and then against Alloa would be enough for us to win the league. I was bursting for us to have the Alloa game to win the league too, couldn't be any more perfect if it is.

I can't be at the Alloa game so don't want to spoil the party but I would rather see the clinching game than not see it... But if they have to clinch it that day so be it.

Incidentally, although my "points required" and your "win the next 2" scenarios are both correct, we could theoretically win the title by winning only 1 game, if we match Alloa's result next week and then beat them it's all over, even if we both lose next week... Can't see them losing at home to Albion though.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Good performance from the Lions yesterday i thought albeit a wee bit nervey in the second half.but once the third went in ifelt a lot better.Beany up to his usual tricks near the end but thankfully it didnt detract from a decent show from the lads.would say that the leugue is now ours and its only a matter of when and where its finished.Hope its in two weeks time cos i cant make the Stenny game the week later due to the fact il be down south.Will be at Brechin next week to cheer the lads on as i hope many others will.Thoughts on that one later this week.Well done Livi!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Airdrie or MTFC v Clydebank or Ferranti v Original East Stirling Empty Highlights

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:13 pm

https://vimeo.com/210115633

The 4th goal is a belter when you see it again on the highlights, straight at the keeper. lol!

Nice move by Byrne too, making a run across Cadden to distract the Airdrie players for Cadden to cut onto his left and take the shot. Danny used his arse well to roll the Airdrie defender for our 3rd, you can see he's a lot stronger this season. Buchanan rips the piss right out of Mensing mugging the ball off him for our 1st.

Just a pity Todorov couldn't get one of his two chances in the net, and the goal from the penalty at the end, which starts from Cadden losing the ball, can't see if Halkett got a foot on the bal for Beany going down, it being Beany though you always assume he dived. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 am