The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
forzalfc
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
8 posters

St Mirren v Livi (Tues 7.45 pm ko)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

St Mirren v Livi (Tues 7.45 pm ko) Empty St Mirren v Livi (Tues 7.45 pm ko)

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Gate prices are up:

Adults: £12
    Concessions (+65/U18/full-time student/disabled): £6
    Carers: FREE (when proof provided)

If Mullen and Knox are away to Cardiff on trial then I think we should start with Todorov and Carrick up front, and Mullin in midfield, thought they played well when they came on against Sunderland and both looked lively chasing down balls. Interesting reading St Mirren looked really rusty in their game against Stranraer and not match fit, we've looked pretty sharp and full of energy right from our first pre season game, hopefully we can take advantage of them not being up to speed and score an early goal.

Feeling confident for this game, Livi to win 2-0, fg 8 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

St Mirren v Livi (Tues 7.45 pm ko) Empty Re: St Mirren v Livi (Tues 7.45 pm ko)

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Well the managed to whip Stranraer whilst being unfit so I'm taking nothing for granted.

Our record against them when we got relegated wasn't good although we seemed to match them in terms of play. Same last season in the cup game that ended with them winning despite us being the better side for much of it.

St M 2 Liv 1 fg 28 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Dunno what games you went to but the 3 away games I travelled through to we did alright against them, I was as much entertained by their angry/moaning fans as I was with our players gubbing them. 2 wins and a draw away to them in that season Bertie.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 am

Wasn't at the away games. Just remember us being as good as them but losing & being caught out by at least 2 maybe 3, 25-30 yarders, home games we lost 0-1 and 2-3 and the cup match last season went pretty much the same way, us at least as good as them but losing 2-3
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 am

2-0 St Mirren, FG 20 mins.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am

Anyone know if Knox & Mullen are away on trial this week? With Cadden, Brown & Robinson still injured, it leaves us pretty thin on the ground. I'd be delighted with another draw, and confident we'd win penalties again with Alexander in goals... but think 1-0 Saints.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:47 am

St Mirren 2. Livingston 0. FG 59 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Livingston: Alexander, Gallagher, Lithgow, Halkett, Mullin, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, De Vita, Mullen, Carrick.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Good ol' Dale Carrick - I always said he was a top bloke

1 nil Livi
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Into the last 5 mins plus injury time, still 1 up

C''mon Livi
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 pm

We won a game where Alan Muir was the ref???? Think I need to lie down.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Great result, excellent chance of winning the group now, two wins would do it but I'm counting no chickens in case they come home to roost!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 pm

in actual fact a win and a draw would probably do it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Are we doing a prediction league this season cause i'm running away with it already. Laughing

Well that was a tough game, our players were put through the wars, hope none are injured after getting kicked about all over the place, especially Carrick, shocking their player didn't even get booked for that one.

Mullen was fouled in the box but managed to chest the ball back to Carrick for him to rifle it into the net, that goal has been coming as we're started well in about 3 games now and narrowly missed scoring. We had a couple wee near ones to add a 2nd goal after that then it was all St Mirren. Good to see how solid we are defensively, bodies thrown in front of shots and feet stuck in to clear the ball to feck up the pitch, we aint going to be an easy team to score against.

St Mirren closed us down quickly all game and we just couldn't get our passing game going, it was rough at times but we managed to grind out the win and are looking good to qualify for the knock out stages.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:29 am

Durnford wrote:in actual fact a win and a draw would probably do it.

Not if Thistle win 3 & end up with a better GD (or a point more if we didn't win the bonus point)
    They would be on 10 with 3 wins. 2 wins for us is guaranteed top spot but a win & a draw puts us on 9 & we'd need the penalties bonus to take it to GD.

On paper we have our easier games to come...but we all know what we are like when we are favourites to win - all previous form goes out the window. I know this group of players seems more resilient but we have had better teams that were afflicted with this malaise so as I say, no poultry count for me just yet.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 am

Another solid performance. I still won't get carried away even with qualifying out of this group. All it takes is a lack of concentration and we don't beat Airdrie, opening it up for everyone else to catch-up.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Durnford wrote:in actual fact a win and a draw would probably do it.

Not if Thistle win 3 & end up with a better GD (or a point more if we didn't win the bonus point)
    They would be on 10 with 3 wins. 2 wins for us is guaranteed top spot but a win & a draw puts us on 9 & we'd need the penalties bonus to take it to GD.

On paper we have our easier games to come...but we all know what we are like when we are favourites to win - all previous form goes out the window. I know this group of players seems more resilient but we have had better teams that were afflicted with this malaise so as I say, no poultry count for me just yet.

Actually I said "probably". Yes; top spot guaranteed progression to the next level but 9/10 points would probably be enough to get through as one of the highest placed runners up.

On paper we should beat Airdrie at home but we've all been here before. With all their troubles and no manager they will still be well pumped up to prove a point and maybe even encourage others to come in and put in a bid for them. Stranraer? well we really owe them a doing after the play-offs debacle.

Six points from the remaining two games would be great; but even so and even if we do get through I bet we'd end up drawing Morton in the next round.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:49 am

Stranraer seem to be the whipping boys, good game to have as our last one, should get our GD up a good bit and a wee boost of confidence if we can stick 4 or 5 goals past them.

Airdrie couldn't beat us last season but don't think they have Mensing to help us out, not checking if that other big haddy Boateng is still there though, Mullen ran him ragged and was always worth a goal to us when he played.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Actually its a shame we're at home to Airdrie and away to Stranraer midweek.

No way I can make Stranraer but the Excelsior stadium midweek was certainly achievable (and I have some very good memories of our visits there last season although, as you say, Mensing was there for at least one of them).
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah that would've suited me better too, feck going to Stranraer on a Tues night, regionalised groups though eh. Rolling Eyes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Good finish.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Tremendous result from the Lions last night.Although i couldnt make it through to Paisley my finger nails were shredded keeping up with the Twitter feed coming through.By all accounts we were batterd in the second half but could have been a couple ahead at the break.Kudos to the defence for holding out against a decent St Mirren outfit especially away from home to.Due to holidays my first game of the season on Saturday.Looking forward to what i feel will be an enjoyable day for the Lions and myself.Cant wait!!!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Just hope you don't jinx us with your presence on Saturday Troy! Very Happy
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:32 pm

ST MIRREN boss Jack Ross has warned his team to ditch the gentle touch if they want to avoid the axe.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15422970.Jack_Ross_tells_St_MIrren__No_more_Mr_Nice_guys/

Good yin Ross, tell Carrick, Halkett, Mullen and a few other Livi players carrying knocks and bruises from Tues night's game your cluggers were gentle. Total football from St Mirren this season then as they set out to see how many bookings they can get.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am