The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LiviLion
Liviforever
6 posters

Morton v Livi (Irnbru Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Morton v Livi (Irnbru Cup) Empty Morton v Livi (Irnbru Cup)

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Morton on the back of a very good result against St Mirren and us with a disappointing draw against a team that were our bitches last season, will be interesting to see how we respond to that below par performance.

If Keaghan is still out then I think we have to give Thomson a game in beside Pittman and Byrne, the core 3 midfield is our main driving force, the team are built around them and with one missing we weren't running as good, that's what he was brought in for so hopefully he's as good as the Dumbarton and QoS fans say he is. Mullen may need a wee rest too, and Mackin just doesn't give us the same energy, even Toddy charges around and closes players down, so i'd start him and Carrick.

If we'd won 2 or 3 nil yesterday i'd be full of confidence here thinking we'd win 1-0 or 2-1 so feck it, going to go for that result anyway and put the Brechin game down as a glitch that will be sorted by Tues.

2-1 Livi, fg 13 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Morton v Livi (Irnbru Cup) Empty Re: Morton v Livi (Irnbru Cup)

Post by LiviLion Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:46 pm

1-1, FG 32 mins. Morton to go through.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Same as St Mirren now, you've to go get a ticket from the ticket office before going to the turnstiles.

£12 adult
    £6 concession.

Livingston supporters will be seated in sections F and G of the main stand and will also be required to purchase a ticket at our Sinclair Street ticket office prior to entering at the turnstiles.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Really don't care about this one. Can't wait for Saturday now that we are home from Canada, had I mentioned we were in Canada? Just in case I didn't, just back from Canada today, had a great time, wish we were still there...but now that we're back (from Canada, just to clarify for Durnford's benefit)
    I can't wait to see a game.... Not going to Morton though, horrible ground & like I say, not bothered in the slightest about this competition.

On the other hand it would be good to see us bounce back from throwing away 2 points against Brechin.

Morton whipping St Mirren might actually be good for us, I'm sure them whipping Saints was a regular occurrence over the years when Morton were rubbish, so hopefully this is them being rubbish again.

Saying all that...

Mor 2 Liv 0 FG 33 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:32 pm

welcome home Bertie, my daughter is going to Canada to visit her pal next month, just as the weather is getting cold. Laughing

Not really excited about this cup either but I want us to go as far as we can in all cup comps, nothing like cup runs to get a buzz about the place. Would be great if we could stay undefeated too, it would take us to 17 games undefeated since East Fife beat us in March. Livi the Invincibles. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 pm

September can be nice over there, colder weather usually comes around November.

It was mid to high 30's before we got there, dropped to mid to high 20's while we were there, which was fine but it's back up to low 30's again today.

Where is she going? We managed to spend time in 6 provinces this trip, albeit that Nova Scotia & Ontario were restricted to time at the Airports and we only had an hour or so in BC but that was spectacular.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Morton 1. Livingston 0. FG 28 mins.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 pm

0-2, FG 61 mins.

A win followed by a draw away in Ireland or Wales would be magic but apart from that I have zero interest in this competition due to the farcical introduction of the Colt sides.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 pm

If we get through to the next round we must be due a home game. Prob against a colts team and i'll not bother going to it. Laughing

Actually looking forward to this game, maybe cause I didn't go to the Brechin game and am getting withdrawals for a footballing fix. Big Toddy to start with someone, even Peters, not seen much of him and this comp would be an ideal one to give the fringe players some games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Piece of piss, 17 games undefeated now. cheers

Scrappy first half from Livi and Morton had most of the play coming at us, but Toddy outmuscled their defender and scored with a nice bit of composure and finish to put us 1-0 up.

Better 2nd half with us hitting them on the counter and we should've been 3-0up after Danny scored, he was put through on goal and just needed to dink it past the keeper but hit it narrowly past the post. Evened up when Morton missed the pen though. Speculative long shot hit the bar but we defended well and saw out the game quite comfortably, much more like it from Livi. Just need to take this cup form into league games to get some wins under our belt.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:30 am

As I mentioned before I'm not bothered by this competition but I am nevertheless always delighted with a Livi win & 17 game unbeaten run in competitive games is not too shabby at all.

St Midden next & there hasn't been a home win in this fixture for quite some time, so here's hoping we break THAT streak.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 am

Think it was a challenge cup game in 1995-96 season the last time we won at home against St Mirren, long overdue another one.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Troy

Post by Troy Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Very welcome if slightly unexpected result from Cappeilow last night so well done Livvy.Like a few others i wasnt overly concerned a bout the result as part of me feels it could be a hinderance to our league objectives this season.Its a wee bonus and possibly the lads can relax a wee bit as its not the be all and end of what is really gonna be more imporetant games to come this term.Nevertheless it keeps the momentum going and for that im truly greatfull to the lads so once again well done the Lions.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Peter Houston could take a lesson from Jim Duffy here, some difference in attitude compared to Houston's post match interview after we beat Falkirk, where he just made up stuff and didn't even wish us well for the next round.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Troy wrote:Very welcome if slightly unexpected result from Cappeilow last night so well done Livvy.

Who?

Come on Troy, its Livingston not Livvyngston it is therefore Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm

He'll be calling us Lavvy next. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 pm

My god.Sorry about the typo guys,probably because i was on the Lavvy when i posted this.Still the sentiment was there.LOL.T.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:07 pm

TNS away in the next round, fair bit of travelling in the spell of games around this fixture, TNS away, and ICT away. Thought the QoS was away too but it's a home game so at least we get a break from travelling in that game in between the other two. Dunno what we need to do to get a home tie in these cup comps.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:18 pm

TNS away. Ya dancer. I'm well up for that, hopefully give a far better account of ourselves this year against them compared to last. Also, I'm hoping we don't play anyone we shouldn't...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

I see Albion Rovers are up in front of the beaks for fielding an ineligible player on Tues, will be interesting to see what their punishment will be. Surely a fine and having to play the game again?
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Liviforever wrote:I see Albion Rovers are up in front of the beaks for fielding an ineligible player on Tues, will be interesting to see what their punishment will be. Surely a fine and having to play the game again?

Given we set the precedent last year for this format of the competition, you'd imagine so. AFAIK, the player in question didn't even make it off the bench - whereas, Lithgow played the 90 minutes last season. I imagine you're right, but it's the SPFL we're talking about.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Yep.Falkirk away Morton away TNS away Hibs away,Bit of a pattern here.You kind of get the sense that that the gods are conspiring against us in order to make sure that LIVI get horsed out of these tournaments rapidly.Weve more important fish to fry than these games imo and the sooner we can divert our efforts fully to our league campaigne the better.Incidently a suggestion on the other Livi forum about the possibilty of the club opening up one of the bars for the TNS game as its on normal tele,that being SC4 so would cost the club nothing bar a few pies at half time.Im sure the place would be packed as it was for the Crusaders game last season for those who couldnt make the trip.Well worth a shout imo.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Troy wrote:Yep.Falkirk away Morton away TNS away Hibs away,Bit of a pattern here.You kind of get the sense that that the gods are conspiring against us in order to make sure that LIVI get horsed out of these tournaments rapidly.Weve more important fish to fry than these games imo and the sooner we can divert our efforts fully to our league campaigne the better.Incidently a suggestion on the other Livi forum about the possibilty of the club opening up one of the bars for the TNS game as its on normal tele,that being SC4 so would cost the club nothing bar a few pies at half time.Im sure the place would be packed as it was for the Crusaders game last season for those who couldnt make the trip.Well worth a shout imo.

I'd be up for that, I enjoyed the Crusaders game at the bar.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:31 pm

And no Quigley in their side this season. Don't know if they have started as well this season ether.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm