The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
orco
LiviLion
cptn_hooch
Auld Nick
Durnford
Liviforever
10 posters

Livi v Glenafton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Glenafton Empty Livi v Glenafton

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Not too sure what to expect from Glenafton but looking forward to a wee break from the league and hopefully a decent game with plenty of goals (Livi ones that is).

Not really sure what to expect from Hopkin's either, if he'll play our usual starting 11 or throw on some of the fringe players to give them a game. We'll not have played for a fortnight though so he wont want to rest up too many (if any) of the first choice players and have them getting ring rusty before a busy schedule against QoS/St Mirren/Falkirk the following week.

Going into the unknown here with a 5-1 Livi win, fg 10 mins.
    Durnford

Livi v Glenafton Empty Re: Livi v Glenafton

Post by Durnford Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Its a game we cant win really.

If we score but don't score more than two then people will say we're a disgrace; more than two but less than five then others will claim its a poor performance. Of course score five or more and people still wont be happy as it was "expected"

Glenafton are no mugs; sure its a low league but they're no stranger to scoring six or seven goals per game; that being said Linlithgow Rose and Beith Juniors found rich pickings against them.

https://glenaftonfc.com/season-stats/201718-fixtures/
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Aye if we dinny beat them at least 10-0 i'll no be back. Basketball

Not really bothered what the score is as long as we go through to the next round, i'm enjoying our cup runs this season and feel we've been unlucky in the other two comps when we went out. Would be great if we could get to the semi final in this one.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out and say 3-1 Livi with the FG in 22 mins

Nothing to base that on other than we should win but their results suggest they are pretty proficient putting the pig-bladder in the poke.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Sheerin was world class at scoring in the juniors, didn't he score 40 odd goals for Musselburgh? Bit harder in against Championship players.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 am

But was he given a fair crack of the whip? These guys have 90 minutes to make a name for themselves. They will bust a gut. It could work against them in that they try too hard or it could be the making of them.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

Might give us a chance to spot the next Pittman and bring him to Livi
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Aye hopefully they've got a lightning fast striker that scores a hattrick against us and they lose 5-3, then we sign him up.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Liviforever wrote:Sheerin was world class at scoring in the juniors, didn't he score 40 odd goals for Musselburgh? Bit harder in against Championship players.

We've had a few of those; Somerville's tally was in three figures but I don't think he even managed a first team appearance.

Always felt that Sheerin never really got a fair shot; his appearances were rarely more than about fifteen minutes. I was surprised he wasn't retained for our drop to league one though; that should have been an excellent sounding board for him.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Anything can happen in the cup, seem to remember Auchinleck Talbot only getting knocked out against Hearts thanks to dodgy refereeing. On the other hand, I remember us going to Irvine Meadow and having an easy day.

If they play to their best, giving that extra effort with the occasion and the slight chance of an away day to Ibrox/Parkhead in the next round, they could push us all the way. Fairly confident now, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes throughout the week. Laughing

Anyway, no prices confirmed for this? Was hoping they'd have them confirmed soon after the draw and get the word out about the game/price to get the neutrals down for the prospect of either a cup shock or plenty of goals. Get the feeling we'll be scraping 1,000 for this.

4-0 Livi, FG 12 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 am

Got a feeling the crowd will be between 6 & 7 hundred;
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 am

These games scare me more than playing SPL teams. Shocked
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Durnford is totally correct in what he is saying; this really is a game we cannot win. I'll try to avoid all the usual pishy cliches when referring to Glenafton, but genuinely: they have no pressure on them and I expect them to be a very awkward team to play. No doubt if we play a strong XI and approach the game in a thoroughly professional manner, we will ease through with a bit to spare. My one main worry is that DH views this game as a perfect game to rotate, with three tough league games coming up in quick succession after this tie. Ideally we'll be coasting to the win after an hour or so and we can give some fringe players some game time. Can't imagine McMillan or Penrice will play with their loans up in January, so Mullin and Knox on the wings, please.

3-0 Livi, FG 32 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Prices confirmed: £20 adults, £10 concessions.

"Right lads, club is on the up and the fans are absolutely loving every minute of it. Lets raise some hell, eh?"

Attendance of about 500 here if we're lucky, I probably won't be bothering. Was really looking forward to this as well.

^^^ seething
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Absolutely bizarre price particularly when you consider the hospitality price - Meadowbank Suite for example:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/glenafton-matchday-hospitality-book-now/

Car parking is normally £5

A steak pie is about £2.50

A drink is, I think, between £1.50 and £2.00

Is it really cheaper to sit in comfort in the warmth of the Suite (with a pay bar I think) and central seating rather than stuck in the corner?

Obviously I must be missing something....
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Cup game pries are agreed upon between the two clubs arent they - I cant believe it was our instigation that this match should be priced as the most expensive in possibly 10+ years?

Last edited by Durnford on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Yeah, I really can't see any justification for making this more expensive than league games.
    I for one will have to seriously consider my available funds. I was expecting this to be £10 or £15 for adults, given the opposition, so the announced price is a bit of a shock really.

I know the club needs to maximise revenue but 600 paying £15 would be better than 400 paying £20
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Not had a game for 2 weeks and I wont be going to QoS away so i'll be going along to this for my footballing fix. Prob be heading to the midweek St Mirren away game too right enough, like going through there as we usually win and their fans seethe is worth the travelling expense. Laughing
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 am

Is there not a rule that if prices can't be agreed between clubs it's just the normal league prices that apply? So we've actually asked for higher prices if that's the case.

Definitely overestimating the interest in this and tried to take advantage, only for it to blow up in their faces.

Just checked and I'm right:
    Subject to a minimum adult non concessionary charge for admission to matches in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three, of £5, and of £8 for matches in subsequent Rounds excluding the Semi-Final and Final Ties, the charges for admission shall be arranged by the competing clubs. If they are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.

Was almost willing to accept it if there was a case that £20 was standard for clubs who couldn't agree and I'd go in as a concession, but Livi can ram it, spend that tenner on some beers and watch Sky Sports News.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 am

Isn't really much of an increase for Livi fans but it's a big hike for Junior fans. Livi have been pretty decent in pricing our games, Alloa and Airdrie were higher than us last season and Dumbarton charge more than us this season, I know this is a couple of quid higher than it should be but a bit of an over reaction by Livi fans to it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 am

LiviLion wrote:Is there not a rule that if prices can't be agreed between clubs it's just the normal league prices that apply? So we've actually asked for higher prices if that's the case.

Definitely overestimating the interest in this and tried to take advantage, only for it to blow up in their faces.

Just checked and I'm right:
    Subject to a minimum adult non concessionary charge for admission to matches in the Preliminary Round (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three, of £5, and of £8 for matches in subsequent Rounds excluding the Semi-Final and Final Ties, the charges for admission shall be arranged by the competing clubs. If they are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.

Was almost willing to accept it if there was a case that £20 was standard for clubs who couldn't agree and I'd go in as a concession, but Livi can ram it, spend that tenner on some beers and watch Sky Sports News.

20 quid is our gate price for some of our games this season, Dumbarton's are £22 for ticket games, which will be the same teams we're charging £20.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 am

Liviforever wrote:Isn't really much of an increase for Livi fans but it's a big hike for Junior fans. Livi have been pretty decent in pricing our games, Alloa and Airdrie were higher than us last season and Dumbarton charge more than us this season, I know this is a couple of quid higher than it should be but a bit of an over reaction by Livi fans to it.

I disagree that we are overreacting; £20 is too much for ANY Scottish domestic football match outwith the top tier and arguably including that division. You could feed a family of four for less.

Yes the club have been very decent regarding pricing, especially for cup ties against lower league status sides; but they have made an error of judgement here. Saying it isn't much of an increase for Livi fans is misleading... it isn't much of an increase for fans who PATG (it shouldn't be an increase at all) but for us ST holders it is a massive hike on our price per game.

The recent fans survey of Scottish Football showed that fans don't think those running the game know what they are doing & that they don't listen to fans. The response from the Ivory Towers was that they always take fans views seriously (while their actions suggest otherwise)... in other words "the fans can say what they like & we'll do what we like anyway" - and this pricing structure smacks exactly of that attitude; which TBF is the first time this regime has done this; which makes it all the more surprising & disappointing.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Agree with everything Bertie has said above. The current board should be applauded for the work they have done to get us in this position, but equally, should come in for some flak over this disaster and their lack of advertisement of the club in general. It's a very short sighted move and the crowd will take a tanking because of it. Even if there is a change of heart, I'm really not sure I'll bother anyway.

Would love to hear the justification for this, if it's Glenafton playing hard ball then we could've went with the standard league pricing and put out a statement saying so. Some of the goodwill accrued with current and lapsed fans alike wouldn't have disappeared in that case.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Have to agree with Bertie, don't think there's an overreaction at all. You've got 3 Glenafton fans (2 adults and a concession), who usually spend under £15 to get into the game, but this week they're spending £50, and that's before we've charged them a fiver to park the car, and before they've had something to eat.

Hopefully the reaction convinces them to rethink and agree on a lower price but it's probably too late anyway.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 pm

I wonder if we can only open part of the West Stand like we do with the visiting fans in the East Stand.

Effectively we could probably fit everyone in to section A on Saturday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:07 pm