The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
LiviCub
LiviLion
Auld Nick
Liviforever
8 posters

Livi v Morton

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Morton Empty Livi v Morton

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I think this game will be fine, the weather forecast looks decent for it to go ahead.

Our players didn't get into training during the snow a week back and haven't played a game for a fortnight, so they may be a bit ring rusty, but after the busy schedule we had prior to that the rest might have done them some good too.

Expecting another tight game against Morton, maybe 1-0 or 2-0, they haven't scored against us yet so hopefully that continues. 2-0 Livi, fg 27 mins.

Last edited by Liviforever on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Morton Empty Re: Livi v Morton

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Morton will be right up for this. We have owned them at their place winning 3 times without conceding a goal but we have yet to play them at the 'Vale. They will want to bounce back after being whipped by Falkirk at the weekend.

On the other hand, they hate St Midden. So maybe they will "lie down" to give us a chance of catching them. Nah... That is a fans thing, pro players don't give a monkeys about that unless they are the direct opposition.

Liv 1 Morton 2 fg 35 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Don't expect this game to be easy but I think the one on Sat against Falkirk will be a lot harder. This should help get us a bit more match fit for the Falkirk game though, and Hoppy has been excellent at seeing out games against Morton, so we just need to score first and either get a 2nd or make sure we see it out without conceding.

I'm certainly buzzing for this game so hoping our players will be too, and they come out all guns blazing to take an early lead. bounce
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:23 pm

1-1, FG 37 mins.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 am

Livingston 0. Morton 1. FG 61 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 am

Ground will be heavy and not particularly conducive to playing the ball along the ground.

No news yet on Robinson so there's a question mark there.

All in all I expect our defence to be too strong for Morton; they really got their noses rubbed in it by Falkirk and only managed to score in injury time when half of the Falkirk team were packing up for the day.

I've seen nothing to indicate that they are turning the corner and indeed they are now under pressure from their own supporters; if Duffy makes what they consider to be the wrong selection then they'll get pelters; that being said no-one seems to agree on what is the right selection.

The Miller/Hardie partnership wasn't as effective at Cappielow but hopefully they'll be better on the home turf.

On the negative side we haven't played for two weeks and don't have the best record in picking up after a break; also will the Manager of the Month hoodooo strike again?

Irrespective I think we're going to win this albeit ugly. I'm going for:

2 - 0 Livi - FG 18 mins
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 am

0-2, FG 19 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 am

You've got that 2 and 0 the wrong way round Afro, we're playing at home.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 pm

I see Morton have got an emergency loan midfielder from Partick Thistle. Surprised the jags are letting players go out on loan seeing as where they are in the table.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Plagued by injury, might not be a good idea putting him in against us then, we don't hold back when tackling.

Talking of injuries, hope Robinson is ok again, he went off injured against Morton a fortnight ago, but not heard anything on how bad it was or if he's back training.

It has been a weird season with all the stop starts, at times it doesn't feel like we're in the middle of the season, kinda get detached from things with the amount of breaks we've had.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:44 pm

I thought O'Ware defended really well in the away game. Miller hardly won a header that night leaving Hardy short on chances. Good fortune fell on us with that strike from Cadden. It was not an easy game and neither will tonight's be. Any points would be welcomed by me.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Jackson ya dancer Longridge, what a player. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Yeah, superb equaliser, draw was about right as neither side created much really. Pretty drab affair but credit to the lads for battling back after losing the opening goal so late.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Thought it was the Falkirk cup game all over again - fortunately Jackson proves me wrong.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm

The game was pretty even for the most part. We weren't as good as we might have been but Morton weren't very great with the chances they got either. Gary Harkins decided to have one of his better games and we found it hard to contain him at times. I thought Tiffoney was also a wee pest. He's the kind of player the opposition don't like but would love to have playing for them. Unsurprisingly we sat in after the sending off and invited them to attack which they did in waves until the inevitable goal. With nothing to lose we went for it in the dying minutes and were rewarded with a beauty from Longridge.

The referee was poor again. I'm sure Morton were denied a penalty. He let defenders on both sides away with fouls and then when he decided to start issuing yellow cards it was Livi who bore the brunt.

Interesting fact - Livi has had 3 players sent off this season. They were all sent off by the same referee. Guess who!!
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Rather scrappy game last night i thought and not to pleasing on the eye at times.Obviously the sending off changed the pattern of the game and as Orco says they came at us time and time again thus it was inevitable they would score.Saw Jacko,s strike again on my phone this morning some saying it took a deflection on its way in.Regardless if it did we will take it.I knew Orco would mention that idiot in the black and his officialls and shes dead right but as ive said before we are well used to this by now.Thought Hoppy was going to get sent to the stand for the verbal he was rightly giving the standside lino.Credit to the lads for going right to the end and getting their reward although spare a thought for those who had to leave before the end for one reason or another.Weve got the points in the bag its up to United to catch us.Well done the Lions!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Yeah thought Morton should've had a penalty too but one of our players was pushed in the back by a Morton player with both his hands as he (Gallagher I think) jumped to head the ball and went flying through the air missing the ball due to being fouled, surely that was also a penalty?

Terrible refereeing again. The booking on Lithgow was never a yellow considering the amount of worse fouls going unpunished, and Byrne's was soft too, i've seen worse go unpunished because Refs weren't wanting to issue a 2nd yellow to a player. Shocking stat that Aitken has sent 3 Livi players off this season too, in separate games, getting as bad as Collum's record against Hearts.

Would like to see Miller's goal too, was hoping to see it on the highlights but it just shows the allowed goals, to see if he was offside.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:39 am

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:30 pm

I watched Scotsport/Sportscene whatever it's called, don't usually bother as i'm only interested in where Livi are playing, but anyway, watched it to see how some of the teams down the bottom of the league are looking, potential play off opponents if we manage to get to the final.

However the game that caught my eye isn't likely to have any of them in the bottom places but the reason it did was the tackles by Alston for St Johnstone v Hibs;

first tackle was a cynical swipe through a Hibs player's legs to take him down and stop him scoring, it got a yellow. Prob about right, it was a bad tackle but I think a yellow is all you could give, though was bordering on a red for dangerous play.

Second one was a clumsy challenge into the back of a Hibs player who was again breaking on him, but no card.

It was worse than Byrne's challenges, and the first one was so bad you'd have thought the ref would've been just looking for an excuse to send him off if he had another poor challenge, but nope, didn't happen. Which is why it was so annoying that Byrne got his 2nd yellow and a red, referees are so inconsistent, and it is frustrating to fans and managers.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:59 pm

You would think they would be organised to the extent that they all know the laws of the game and not just their own interpretation of those laws.

I always thought that laws were set in stone, with no room for interpretation but it seems like they make it up as they go along.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 am