The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Reserve League

Durnford

Reserve League Empty Reserve League

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:08 am

I was interested to read this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44932616

Although I cant help but notice they powers that be have put us in the second tier in spite of the fact that most of the championship sides are in tier one?

Hopefully we've managed to hold on to Sampson and Ogilvie; with the other fringe signings we've made just recently we'll end up giving them a real doing. I sneakily hope the "colts" side now go significantly further in the Iron Bru cup now.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Reserve League Empty Re: Reserve League

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 am

Ironic that they've made the top tier larger and are doing with it what everyone has been saying the Premiership should do. Only instead of playing everyone once it would be playing home and away just the once same as the 2nd tier is doing. 18 team Premiership playing 17 home games and 17 away games, sorted.

2 up, 2 down in a straight relegation/promotion. or you could have a play off between just the Championship teams for one of the promotion spots and just one Championship team being promoted straight up but still 2 Premiership teams coming down, the 2nd bottom Premiership team being relegated and not involved in the play off.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 pm

They probably divided the teams in line with the development league placings at the end of last season?

Agree with your proposed change to the leagues...but it will never happen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 pm