The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Smithy
ianlivi
Lexi Collector
LiviCub
Auld Nick
EdinburghLivi
mozam76
Liviforever
LiviLion
Afro
14 posters

Livi 4-1 Hearts - 20th August

Therealbiko

Livi 4-1 Hearts - 20th August - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi 4-1 Hearts - 20th August

Post by Therealbiko Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Livi can only play the team that is put on the park. That said, the I thought that every player played their hearts (pardon the pun) out. It was the most comprehensive Livi performance that I have seen in a long time. Hard to find a MoTM, Jordan White for his brace, the Jacob brothers, Jamie son for his great first half save, so I will give it to the team for a solid team performance. Well chuffed.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 am

Great game and atmosphere, nice to have 4000? all fans getting worked up that is until the 3rd went in and the Hearts supporters started leaving! Good to see Livi players running at defences, have now changed my opinion of White and appreciate what he does up front, team is gelling well. Difficult decision on team selection for Saturday however nice one to have whatever the team it's nice too have strength on the bench to bring on. Thought everyone played really well and liked the look of Beaumont although only on for 10 minutes.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I know it's the diddy cup and Hearts fielded a weakened side, but I really enjoyed that purely for the fact that all the Livingston-based Hearts fans would have gone home raging. Absolutely hanging out my arse today, but will no doubt try and recover by furiously masturbating over Hippolyte's goal. What a player he looks at times.

Go on Livi.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Absolutely gutted to have missed this. Can't wait for the highlights! Bit disappointed with the attendance given Hearts apparently had sold over 3000 for this.

Think the result will work in our favour with more Hearts fans coming back for the league fixtures.

Will update Prediction League once I get the hang of my new laptop.
    spiggle
    spiggle

Post by spiggle Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:58 pm

spiggle wrote:With Hearts having keeper issues, a few players suspended and talk of reserves being played. I hope we take advantage and stuff them.

I'm going to be brave and predict 3-1 to Livi with the FG occurring after 33 mins

Do I get bonus points for the comments from the Negative Nellies?

A good win, we destroyed them on the flanks.

Air Jordan will score loads in this league.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:19 pm

EdinburghLivi wrote:Absolutely gutted to have missed this. Can't wait for the highlights! Bit disappointed with the attendance given Hearts apparently had sold over 3000 for this.

Think the result will work in our favour with more Hearts fans coming back for the league fixtures.

Will update Prediction League once I get the hang of my new laptop.

Can only assume gate money is split 50/50 for this competition. Attendance was at least 4K, probably closer to 4500.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Finally have my chance to reflect on a near-brilliant performance from last night:

Apart from a 15/20 minute spell in the second half when Hearts were piling on the pressure and pushing up for an equaliser, we were the better team throughout the match. Even during this period, we soaked it up and took everything that came at us. McGlynn had set us to go all out early on and it worked to perfection. Once they started to panic and throw the kitchen sink, we were able to take advantage of their inexperience and beat them on the counter.

That was the best I've seen of Kyle Jacobs at RB and Fordyce's best game in a Livingston shirt and these two (in my opinion) stood out from a great team effort. Other mentions go to O'Brien, Keaghan and White. I have to say it's been a fantastic bit of business bringing back O'Brien because everything goes through him. From what was intended to be a short-term contract, has now become two years of controlling the midfield and having a role similar to (I know I'm getting carried away) Andrea Pirlo for Italy.

Yes it was the Challenge Cup and yes it wasn't Hearts' strongest side, but don't let that take the shine off the victory. It could easily have been the other way round as they would've wanted to impress Neilson and show the fans what potential they have against an experienced Championship side.

Onwards and upwards, don't want to get carried away but I'll certainly enjoy the moment!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Don't usually read other clubs forums, but what with the scoreline and me being bored out my nut, I read a bit of kickback earlier. Read a few posts saying we're not very good and that we're a guaranteed 12 points for their mob.

Fucking melts.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 pm

spiggle wrote:
    spiggle wrote:With Hearts having keeper issues, a few players suspended and talk of reserves being played. I hope we take advantage and stuff them.

I'm going to be brave and predict 3-1 to Livi with the FG occurring after 33 mins

Do I get bonus points for the comments from the Negative Nellies?

A good win, we destroyed them on the flanks.

Air Jordan will score loads in this league.

Yeah you were spot on, honestly didn't think Neilson would have the gall to change his team so much and not give a fuck about the 3,000 Hearts fans buying tickets fro this game, or maybe he underestimated Livi and thought he could beat us with that team.

I think he realises he mucked up and has done a bit of sucking up to their fans. Loved his excuse last night. It would have been the easiest thing in the world for me to have fielded our strongest 11 but it is a training cup to give youngsters experience. Na Robbie, it's called the Petrofac training cup after the sponsors, not for team participating to use it to train young players ffs, aunts at it with that one. Laughing 
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 pm

No matter what team you put out, your first intentions should be to go out and win it. The 'experience' should follow that.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:Don't usually read other clubs forums, but what with the scoreline and me being bored out my nut, I read a bit of kickback earlier. Read a few posts saying we're not very good and that we're a guaranteed 12 points for their mob.

Fucking melts.

I'm loving it this season Lexi, everyone is dismissing us as piss poor, even when we beat them. Nobody is taking us seriously and we're working our way through the cups under everyones radar.

Honestly think we can be dark horses in the league and the cups as we're really playing for one another as a unit and have shown signs we can improve as we go along.

Last edited by Liviforever on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Folk just can't handle the power of the #ambermachine
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Just the goals...but worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSCOtackFNk
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Talbot must have had BTTS. Dreadful own goal.

3rd & 4th are top quality from Hippolyte. If he keeps it up, we'll have to get him tied down.

Cub, we'll have to get #ambermachine trending. The twitter account keeps ignoring me & Lexi.

LF, totally agree about people underrating us. We will go under the radar which may suit us.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 am

First time I've saw Hippolyte play for us. Bloody hell. Seems even more bizarre that he didn't get on on Saturday over Burchill, great ball control and it looks like he knows how to strike a ball to set it off like an Exocet missile.

I don't really buy into the Hearts' excuse that it was their youths - some players who should be of a high standard in the Championship in Hollis, McGhee, McKay, Robinson and Keatings were present in their side. That said, I thought their spell of pressure for 15 minutes in the second half, we absolutely dominated them. Can't fault any of our players, but the stand-outs for me were Kyle, McKenna, White, and Hippolyte for his cameo appearance. Kyle's had his detractors at RB, and rightly so at times, but he looked very settled last night and it was probably his best game for us there. His run and cross for the second was superb, brilliant link-up play then composure to serve it up for White. He and McKenna linked up, some good covering from McKenna who was always looking to get forward down that wing - I felt last season at times we missed that pacy, direct option and between him and Hippolyte I think we could have a really good front three with those two supplying White.

Overall, probably the most complete performance I've seen a Livingston side put in for a number of years, but it's important not to get too carried away here. If McGlynn can get us playing to that level or thereabouts consistently over the course of the season I see no reason why we can't have a successful campaign.

ETA: Another thing I noticed about McKenna - his honesty is quite refreshing. Could've quite easily had a penalty on Saturday through a late challenge by a Cowden defender but he stayed on his feet to try and get the shot away, and he could've quite easily went down last night when he had pretty much got clear of the Hearts' LB. Says a lot about his determination and desire to get forward - reckon he could be a massive player for us this year.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 am

Was it McKenna that got kicked on the head when he bent forward to head the ball on, and kept on running for another 30 yards then crossed the ball before falling down holding his head? Great commitment to keep on going and putting a cross in before finally going down and getting treatment.

Aye McGlynn has been using Hippolyte sparingly for some reason. First game I saw him in was Albion Rovers and he waited till we were going into ET before bringing him on.  Then he's had late sub appearances and wasn't even used on Sat against Cowden. Prob wouldn.t have got on last night had Mullen not been injured too.

Hope he gets a start against Queens to see what he can do, at the very least he'd knacker them out for Mullen to come on and take advantage. Loving his directness to turn and take players on, also not scared to have a shot at goal. Early days but he looks like a more athletic Iain Russell.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Just the goals...but worth watching

Here i'll stick it up properly on here too. Wink

Incidentally I think we need to work on our corners, they were either floated in or over hit.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 am

Liviforever wrote:Was it McKenna that got kicked on the head when he bent forward to head the ball on, and kept on running for another 30 yards then crossed the ball before falling down holding his head? Great commitment to keep on going and putting a cross in before finally going down and getting treatment.

Yeah it was him. I couldn't remember if it was that or another challenge, but had he went down we would've definitely got a penalty.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Fantastic performance and what a team spirit.

We have a good bench with Hippo coming off and doing his stuff also scoring

Robertson came on and got into the game after a shaky start , he also brings a bit of composure in that area behind White, it was great to see him score again too. I would like Robbo to start if either  Mullen or Glen cant make it. I read that lots want the Hippo to start but I feel he is a brilliant impact player at the moment

White is proving to be a very good target man who can finish if provided with good service and what brilliant service from Kyle with a clinical finish, he also scored a very good first goal which was from a very acute angle as was seen on liitv highlights.

Thought the defence was good in fact everyone played their part in what was a great game to witness and get it right up the Jambos for thinking they could beat us with their young boys.

Make no mistake thats what they thought and all the rubbish about sticking to the plan and giving kids their debuts to give them experience is nonsense. They were arrogant in the extreme and got what they deserved. They didnt in their wildest dreams expect us to take four off them and McGlynn is quite correct to  say he was astounded they did that.

Well done to all our boys.

Onwards and upward to Dumfries and I think we will do ok, if we beat them we will have six points out of a possible 9 which will be a great start to the league season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Aye Smithy that's what I think too, they were being smert with the team they put out, had they won they'd be full of it saying what a great squad they had playing reserves and U20's players, but they lost and are now giving it 'we weren't wanting to be in this cup, we're only interested in the League, oh and the League cup, oh and the Scottish cup......................just not this cup'. And the manager is all over with 'it is a training cup to give the kids their debuts' spiel.

Aye ok.

We did the business and put on a very good performance, that's what matters. All that will be shown in the record books is Livi 4-1 Hearts.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Neilson was at the game on Saturday as well. It wasn't like we were that bad that a shite team could have been merited.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:27 am

This fella is a right charmer: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-hearts-petrofac-mauling-4093403

The illustriously named Petrofac Training Cup was never going to be a priority; it merely presented an opportunity to blood some of our incredibly young first team squad members

Yes it’s frustrating being unceremoniously dumped out of a knock-out competition at the first hurdle
    He's conveniently forgotten about them fielding their strongest 11 against Annan in the first round when he's written that nonsense though, either that or he's just clueless and didn't know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm