The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

Durnford

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Durnford Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:34 am

Strangely still feeling really down after Saturday - It feels like a defeat- hey wait a minute; it was a defeat. God knows how.

Playing Lawless as a wing back for large parts of the second half was a really strange one; particularly as he'd been pretty effective in the first half as an out and out winger.

Erskine's shooting is simply painful - I think even Dolly Menga would have made more of those chances than he did. Unfortunately he was the only one with pretty much any height.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Wee Robbo won a few headers which surprised me, backs into defenders well and holds them off too, just couldn't score a goal.
    That's twice Erskine has missed an absolute sitter now, away to St Mirren he somehow blasted it over the bar from inside the 6 yard box with the goals a begging. I like the effort he puts in, and he is decent on the ball, somehow goes out the window when he gets sight of goal. Thought Bartley should've just took it himself and shot, but Bartley isn't a goal scorer either and I don't think he wanted the responsibility.

The sportscene guys pointed out that Cosgrove actually kicked Keaghan and fell down, not the other way around, and I saw a pic showing that too, plus it was outside the box that it happened, just glad the pen didn't have a deciding factor on the result. Sutherland tried to be sympathetic towards us saying we were unlucky, but Stewart said we only had ourselves to blame for not scoring goals from all the chances we had, can't really disagree with him.

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Bfd57510
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wee Robbo won a few headers which surprised me, backs into defenders well and holds them off too, just couldn't score a goal.
    That's twice Erskine has missed an absolute sitter now, away to St Mirren he somehow blasted it over the bar from inside the 6 yard box with the goals a begging. I like the effort he puts in, and he is decent on the ball, somehow goes out the window when he gets sight of goal. Thought Bartley should've just took it himself and shot, but Bartley isn't a goal scorer either and I don't think he wanted the responsibility.

The sportscene guys pointed out that Cosgrove actually kicked Keaghan and fell down, not the other way around, and I saw a pic showing that too, plus it was outside the box that it happened, just glad the pen didn't have a deciding factor on the result. Sutherland tried to be sympathetic towards us saying we were unlucky, but Stewart said we only had ourselves to blame for not scoring goals from all the chances we had, can't really disagree with him.

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Bfd57510

Erskine actually had two excellent chances to score on Saturday but muffed them both.

That being said I cant really criticise the guy for effort. To be honest though I'm not really sure where he fits into the current team. Obviously he's not a striker and not really a central midfielder. His preferred position seems to be on the wing but I feel we have better options already on the bench. Think he was started on Saturday purely because we were missing height up front.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:32 am

orco wrote:Just thinking maybe if we still had Jack Hamilton with us he could have stood in for Dykes yesterday. Miller seems to be finished. He's injured most of the time.

And Hamilton gets his first start for Queens against Dundee and scored a goal. I'll away and shut up now. lol!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:46 am

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:Just thinking maybe if we still had Jack Hamilton with us he could have stood in for Dykes yesterday. Miller seems to be finished. He's injured most of the time.

And Hamilton gets his first start for Queens against Dundee and scored a goal. I'll away and shut up now. lol!

And ah rest ma case. Cool
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am

Yeah, fine margins & all that.... the irony is management (in general, not just at Livi) talk about players’ decision making & how a failure to score or defend properly is down to the player making the wrong decision.... but rarely mention their own decision making in squad building, loaning out, team selection & tactical substitutions. They ought to lead by example & look in the mirror before pointing the finger.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 pm