The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Troy
Durnford
Liviforever
7 posters

Accies v Livi

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Accies v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Accies v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:49 am

Liviforever wrote:Still disagree with you Bertie, I've not seen us as poorly as yesterday's game against Accies, in every other game we've created chances and had at least one decent half, not Yesterday. I'd also say our best performance was against County, where our finishing was good enough to score 4 goals, and could even have been more.

I agree we were good against County but we stood like statues for their goal & they had chances to get more goals before we broke on them to score the 4th which killed them off.

And I haven’t indicated anywhere that Accies wasn’t our poorest performance I have just indicated a trend. If our performance level against the so called big teams could be matched when we play against the rest then we’d be sitting pretty comfortably in the league... assuming of course we converted our chances which is by no means certain highlighting again the need for a goal scorer.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:33 am

Liviforever wrote:Just watched it, yep, wasn't a pen, but also agree with Michael Stewart, he shouldn't have come for it either. First Accies goal just confirmed what I saw at the game, terrible defending and left 2 Accies players unmarked for a tap in.

I remember thinking to myself at the time in regards Souda's stepovers, at times I wish he'd just be quicker in getting the ball across, by the time he does a couple of stepovers and shimmies, Accies got a man back to tackle him and another covered his cross, just hit the ball when he had the chance with the space in front of him.

Stewart shouldn't have come for it - agree. Young Sarkic isn't the finished article but I think he has better positional sense than Stewart and showed against Rangers that he wasn't fazed by the big crowd. Giving him games will only see him improve. Erskine appears to have been dropped for his awful miss against Aberdeen so goalies should also know that they are not immune.

Whether he came for the ball or not though the penalty should never have been given. Referees are costing us.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am

I have to agree with Liviforever here; that was easily the poorest I've seen us play in a long time. Its performances like that; that get teams relegated.

Sarkic would appear to be a better option than Stewart; Stewart pulled off a couple of good stops on Saturday but overall was poor. Likewise having a midfield without either Pittman or Jacobs seems to lose that bit of fire. Stobbs is an impact sub at best; he should have been taken off well before he was and likewise Crawford had a pretty poor game.

Defence wise I'm not sure dropping McMillan for Lithgow was the right idea; McMillan is a natural right-back and Devlin has actually been getting poorer.

Robinson wasn't particularly impressive but for the shortest player on the pitch to work as a sole striker with little support could only end one way anyway.

Also though Lawless was significantly less effective than previously but that may partially be because he was being played out of position.

I actually thought Souda had a reasonable game and was one of the few players, along with Bartley, that actually seemed to cause them problems.

One frustrating thing about Bartley though is his apparent reluctance to take a shot. He does all the hard work and gets to the edge of the area but, instead of taking it on and having a shot, almost always looks to pass the ball to someone else. Maybe its a confidence thing because he certainly has the skill in virtually every other area of the pitch.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:02 am

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Just watched it, yep, wasn't a pen, but also agree with Michael Stewart, he shouldn't have come for it either. First Accies goal just confirmed what I saw at the game, terrible defending and left 2 Accies players unmarked for a tap in.

I remember thinking to myself at the time in regards Souda's stepovers, at times I wish he'd just be quicker in getting the ball across, by the time he does a couple of stepovers and shimmies, Accies got a man back to tackle him and another covered his cross, just hit the ball when he had the chance with the space in front of him.

Stewart shouldn't have come for it - agree. Young Sarkic isn't the finished article but I think he has better positional sense than Stewart and showed against Rangers that he wasn't fazed by the big crowd. Giving him games will only see him improve. Erskine appears to have been dropped for his awful miss against Aberdeen so goalies should also know that they are not immune.

Whether he came for the ball or not though the penalty should never have been given. Referees are costing us.

Sure I read Erskine was injured, don't think it's serious though, so might be available again soon. Pittman can't be far away now, though tbh i'd rather he was fully fit for the Killie game than playing him against Celtic, we need to be concentrating more on the teams we can get points from, and as good as it was to get points off of Celtic and Sevco last season, it doesn't do us much good putting massive effort into those games then suffering from it against the likes of Accies. If we'd had Dykes available on Sat he'd have been the difference in getting us the 3 points.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Still disagree with you Bertie, I've not seen us as poorly as yesterday's game against Accies, in every other game we've created chances and had at least one decent half, not Yesterday. I'd also say our best performance was against County, where our finishing was good enough to score 4 goals, and could even have been more.

I agree we were good against County but we stood like statues for their goal & they had chances to get more goals before we broke on them to score the 4th which killed them off.

And I haven’t indicated anywhere that Accies wasn’t our poorest performance I have just indicated a trend. If our performance level against the so called big teams could be matched when we play against the rest then we’d be sitting pretty comfortably in the league... assuming of course we converted our chances which is by no means certain highlighting again the need for a goal scorer.

I'll take a 4-1 win over a hard fought defeat every time. Transfer the County finishing to any game against Sevco and we'd have won it.

Yeah Durnford, Stobbs looked really good in his first 2 appearances coming on as a sub, but when getting more game time he's not done much. Still early days though, there were too many players on Sat not at their best to judge him on that game, which makes me think they were still recovering from the Sevco game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:30 pm