The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

KJ Testimonial

forzalfc

KJ Testimonial Empty KJ Testimonial

Post by forzalfc Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Sunday 13th October at Almondvale Stadium (Tony Mac)

Legends XI vs Current Squad
    Kick off 2pm

- It's possible to pay on the gate - £10/5
    - Physical programmes available - £3
    - Stadium Bar open from 12-2pm & 4-7pm
    - Afterparty - Priority going to those with hospitality tickets, there will likely be a small number of individual tickets on-sale tomorrow/ Thursday - keep an eye on Facebook/ Twitter. There will be live music, DJ, presentations and photo opportunities.
    - Final hospitality packages - email events@foodcreations.co.uk

Legends Squad

Neil Alexander
    Roddy McKenzie
    Darren Jamieson

Marvin Andrews
    Craig Barr
    Paul Watson
    James McPake
    Dave Mackay
    Devon Jacobs
    Sheldon Jacobs

Shaun Byrne
    Graeme Dorrans
    Stuart Lovell
    Burton O'Brien
    Keaghan Jacobs
    Kyle Jacobs
    Lee Makel
    Liam Fox
    Ross Docherty
    Scott McLaughlin

Raffa De Vita
    David Bingham
    Derek Lilley
    Iain Russell
    Troy

KJ Testimonial Empty Re: KJ Testimonial

Post by Troy Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Just back.Terrfic spectacle for those in attendance.Understandable that so many fans missed this probably once in a lifetime chance to see these guys in their former glory.Yes the main team obviously took their foot off the gas but i honestly thought the legends put in a shift that belied there years.Was such a fun day albeit so many fans unable to make it for one reason or another.Highlights for me personnally getting selfies with big Leish and David Bingham who deffinetly showed some of the touches that so endeered him to the Livi support of old.After party was more for families and freinds and i left after about 90 mins.All in all,glad i was there today as i doubt i,l see this again.Thanks once again to the Legends.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed a good afternoon’s entertainment with both teams prepared to have a laugh as well as showing some good skills. There were some nicely worked goals & a spectacular winner from the man himself (albeit passed a midget in the Livi goal).

Nice to see everyone just enjoying the day playing with no pressure.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 am

Great to see so many of the older names playing. Thought David Bingham has hardly changed and Derek Lilley running around like a 25 year old for someone of 45 was also pretty impressive. Marvin Andrews continued to do what Marvin Andrews does and a lot of the others looked pretty good.

Dave McKay almost looked like he could stroll the championship even now

I though Sean Byrne was going to play but didn't appear on the final team-sheet; did Graham Dorrans play; I didn't see him on the pitch and the names were just too small on the shirts for my aged eyes.

Was good to see Craig Barr back, particularly after the somewhat acrimonious bust up with the gang of five - that being said he's always remained respectful whenever he's played us since which says a lot for the guy (unlike one other I can think of).

Finally who was the guy wearing Watson's shirt; obviously it wasn't Paul Watson unless he's seriously let himself go.

Good to see both Ross Docherty and Ian Russell get on the score-sheet; Docerty's career with (and against) Livingston wasn't the best with a sending off at Alloa and breaking his leg shortly after meaning that his contract wasnt renewed. I then saw him getting sent off in a reserves (or was it a Livi Colts) game when he was playing for the other side. As for Russell well he seemed like the old player; you always thought he would score at some time during the game - not bad for someone of 36.

Was also amusing when Leishman pretended to walk to the home dugout.

Mentioned a few here but really all the guys who made the effort to turn up deserved a round of applause. In some ways it almost seemed like a coming of age for the club.

EDIT - Oh and who was the assistant manager for the legends - I recognised the face but the name kept alluding me?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Don’t think Dorrans was there.
    Simon Preece was wearing Watson’s 44 shirt... I think he owns the catering company.
    I’m sure I recognised Leish’s assistant too but I can’t for the life of remember what he looked like now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:39 am