The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Accies v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Accies v Livi Empty Accies v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:41 pm

The last away game against Accies I was scunnered to the point of not wanting to come back and see an away match at Hamilton, and I really wasn't intending to go to this match, but the bassas (Livi) have sucked me into believing we can beat them this time.

Just feel we've been a lot better than them in both games this season, yet have only managed to come away with 1 point from 2 games, they really played so negatively against us in the last match too, barely venturing into our half let alone trying to go and score a goal, came not to lose and frustratingly did so.

This time however, I just have a feeling we're going to give them an absolute hounding, it really has been coming for them. Pittman looked far more positive after his goal too, and was back to taking shots at goal, that's what we need against a parks of Hamilton side, once we score I think we'll open them up for a few. I feel a Hearts last season type doing is on the cards for Accies. bounce
    Durnford

Accies v Livi Empty Re: Accies v Livi

Post by Durnford Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Just realised we've played everyone twice now. That's pretty impressive considering we're sitting in fifth place; five points ahead of Kilmarnock.

Hamilton games are always uncharacteristically tough; influenced by the weather or incompetent officials.

I certainly liked what I saw last night; it wasn't perfect but the entire team demonstrated the will and the skill to take this further.

At the moment I'm going to resist the temptation to make a prediction but I'm hopeful; very hopeful.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:59 pm

orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Not a happy hunting ground for Livi. I know we have won there before but I honestly can't remember when. Will Hamilton come out and play since it is a home game or will they set up behind the ball like they did at Almondvale? Given the problems we had playing Raith last week I know what I'd do if I was their manager but surely they won't play that anti football style in front of their own fans.
    We'll find out on Saturday I guess.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:36 pm

Accies v Livi 539210
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 am

orco wrote:Not a happy hunting ground for Livi. I know we have won there before but I honestly can't remember when. Will Hamilton come out and play since it is a home game or will they set up behind the ball like they did at Almondvale? Given the problems we had playing Raith last week I know what I'd do if I was their manager but surely they won't play that anti football style in front of their own fans.
    We'll find out on Saturday I guess.

Didn't we beat them in the Betfred cup a couple of years ago (or was that penalties?)

Looking at Hamilton's current position they could possibly play for the draw on the assumption that Hearts possibly won't pick up anything off the rangers on Sunday but its a risky tactic. A win could possibly lift them out of the playoff spot assuming St. Mirren don't beat Aberdeen on Sunday. However; if St Mirren did indeed beat Aberdeen and drew or lost their game against us then it opens up some real space between 10th and 11th.

For my money I think they have to try for a win. Whether that's 80% defence and try and hit us on the break or a more open St Johnstone game I'm not sure (but I suspect the first).
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 am

They'll prob play the percentage game, playing not to lose again, then to grab a late goal like they have done in prev games there.

We're in better shape player wise than the last game there though, Dykes didn't play (hopefully he's ok anyway after getting some elbows into the back of his head/neck and his heel stood on). And having a decent looking keeper too.

We also went into that game on a run of defeats to Sevco x2 and Aberdeen, and on the home game Motherwell, Sevco & Celtic. So both times we had very tough games and defeats leading up to the Accies game, this time we're on a good run, hopefully that will make a difference.

Accies v Livi 53998010

lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Yeh normally id be reserved as to the outcome of this.Will be severely dissapointed if we dont come back with the 3 points here.As L/F says we are in better shape than we were the last time we played them.Of course it wont be easy but we know we are better than them.If we can keep the momentum we have going at the moment i see no reason whatsoever that we will get a positive result here.we,re in a great position at the moment so lets go their and justify our league position with a balls out display and put them to the preverbial sword.No diddy alliance from me im afraid.As always good luck to Gary Davie and the boys.Do it!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Liviforever wrote:Accies v Livi 539210

Show off!!

lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Disappointing to lose the opening goal which was scored all too easily but a tremendous response; superb finish from Sibbs and good awareness by ATS to nod in Jack’s cross. Thoroughly deserve our HT lead, just a pity it’s not more.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeah got caught flat footed and desperately claiming offside, poor first goal to lose. 2nd goal was a bit of a blunder by McCrorie too, dropping the ball onto an Accies player's head to nod it in, he almost let one bounce of his chest into our net when it was 4-2 as well, not one of his better days in goal.

First half we were well worth our HT lead, agree with Bertie that it could've been more. Superb goal by Sibbs from Brown's (he was superb today) long throw in, placed it right inside the post. Cracking cross for ATS to head in our 2nd.

2nd half Accies were much more at it and got what was prob a deserved equaliser, from pressing play, think we also sat off them a bit too much and were pinned in because of that. Didn't take long to get back in front though, to far away to see what happened from our corner, but as they were coming away with the ball Madden pointed to the spot for a pen to Livi, think it was a hand ball. Again the pen king Stevie Lawless cooly stuck it away. Then Pitts finished it off with another fine goal for our 4th.

Glad I went now, felt it in my water we were going to beat them today, fantastic getting an away win, and moving 2 points ahead of Hibs as well as having a lot better GD over them.

Catching up with Aberdeen if we keep this going. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Yeah, we were just saying that we had dropped the pace at the start of the second half when they equalised. Real clanger from McCrorie as you said, he looked in control but inexplicably dropped it on the Accies player’s napper. The biggest thing for me today was how quickly we responded to each Accies goal; first half we equalised within a 2 minutes & 2nd half we went back in front within 5 & extended the lead 3 minutes later. Thereafter it was a comfortable managing of the game with the only heart in mouth moment being McCrorie’s 2nd error which he got away with. Apart from those errors he was fine though.

4th goal was a gem, Dykes doing great work in the build up & a superb finish from Pittman.

Yet again the awarding of a hand ball penalty seemed to take ages.

One final word, while I don’t condone Souda’s “toys out the pram” moment I do share his frustration. On the whole he played well today but it was clear they subbed him because of his mistakes even though they weren’t catastrophic. He pretty well had the defence in a panic whenever he went at them but he is prone to overdoing the stepovers & the odd slack pass but he doesn’t hide & he does track back & can cause panic going forward. He seems to be the scapegoat every time & I just wish they’d let him finish a match.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:One final word, while I don’t condone Souda’s “toys out the pram” moment I do share his frustration. On the whole he played well today but it was clear they subbed him because of his mistakes even though they weren’t catastrophic. He pretty well had the defence in a panic whenever he went at them but he is prone to overdoing the stepovers & the odd slack pass but he doesn’t hide & he does track back & can cause panic going forward. He seems to be the scapegoat every time & I just wish they’d let him finish a match.

I take your point and agree that often it seems he's substituted because Martindale doesn't like the way he plays rather than anything else but then again Lawless is almost never allowed to finish a game but I've never seen him complain about being taken off; even if the choice of doing so appears a very strange one.

Thinking back was it against Falkirk when one of their players got a second booking for arguing with his management before going off and consequently got sent off?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Robbo coming on to give us fresh legs, someone has to go off from the midfield, if it isn't Souda it's Lawless or Pitts, never taking Pitts off with the energy and work rate he has, so don't see what Souda has to complain about. As Durnford said, Lawless was subbed next and often gets taken off before the finish, then Dykes got taken off, again to give us the fresh legs in midfield with Crawford coming on.

No room for players who think they are somehow too good to be getting subbed, Sibbald is another one who hardly finishes a game, he did today but never complains when he's taken off, or sits on the bench the whole game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:53 am

Great result for the Lions yesterday.NDP is such a difficuilt venue to play at the best of times,so to come away with maximum points was a great effort from the lads.Thats back to back victories against two teams most would have thought would be around us,very pleasing.Theres a significant gap now developing between us and that 11th place which hopefully will continue.Mcrorie will learn from his mistake and the least said about Soudas petulance the better.Hes a good player and one i wouldnt like to see go,needs to learn a bit of humility imo.Any way we move on to a tough one next week against a very good Well team but one im looking forward to very much.Well done Livi and lets see if we can keep this going.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:31 am

I must admit to feeling jittery when we went to 4-2 with the memory of those two goal leads we've thrown away this season. Hopefully the second half of the season will see us get the points we might have squandered in the first half.
    Good all round performance yesterday with some of those I wouldn't have picked having a good game. Just shows what do I know. Rolling Eyes
    Too soon to start thinking about a top six place but it's hard not to.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:38 am

Top six place is old news Orco, we're going for a top 4 now. lol!

Even Thomo has admitted he got it wrong tipping us for relegation and has said we'll finish in the top six. cheers

Seriously though, if we can keep our brilliant home form going and beat Motherwell next weekend, Aberdeen have Sevco at Ibrox and that would cut their lead by 3 points, and with us at County away and them with tough games against St Johnstone and Celtic  the following week, we very well could move above Aberdeen. Oh and will have to wait and see what their result is today, mon St Midden. Laughing

Could also go all wrong for us and lose both those games but it's exciting thinking about what could be for us. bounce bounce

We're going to be absolutely delighted with our season whatever happens though, we're almost safe and secure for another season, prob 5 more points seals it for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Shows just how good a result this was last week, with Celtic struggling to beat them, and accies down to 10 men too.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:54 pm

Liviforever wrote:Shows just how good a result this was last week, with Celtic struggling to beat them, and accies down to 10 men too.

In my opinion Celtic should have been down to ten men for the stamp incident.

If Dolly Menga can get a retrospective ban for brushing foreheads with a Celtic play, even though there was no force in it, then shouldn't it go the other way around?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Shows just how good a result this was last week, with Celtic struggling to beat them, and accies down to 10 men too.

In my opinion Celtic should have been down to ten men for the stamp incident.

If Dolly Menga can get a retrospective ban for brushing foreheads with a Celtic play, even though there was no force in it, then shouldn't it go the other way around?

What? You think all the teams are treated equally? jocolor

Of course they are, just some are more equal than others.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Seem to recall Byrne getting sent off for a foot only half as high but.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223967951243612160

Indeed why on earth is he clutching his face?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:16 am

Byrne only skiffed the boy's hand too, barely touched him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:59 pm