The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Sevco v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Sevco v Livi Empty Sevco v Livi

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Would like to see Dolly starting this one, he's a big game player, he'd thrive in this game, playing in the mid 3 behind Dykes.

Really think we can get something from this game, we'll be in our element hitting them on the break, just play our usual game and get right in about them, the home crowd will soon turn against them.

Sevco v Livi Dont-l10
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Sevco v Livi Empty Re: Sevco v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm

I fear a back lash.... (of course I do) but on the face of it this seems to be a good time to be playing them.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:52 am

Its a strange one - earlier I would have looked at this game as a free hit; don't expect to get anything and anyway safety will be secure by results against outer teams but....

Wouldn't it be great if we could... I mean just could squeeze something from this?

Gerard's tactics appear even more one dimensional than Burchall's; Morelos is apparently looking overweight and not as mobile as he once was. Killie proved what can be achieved if you keep at it (albeit on fantastic plastic).

I do suspect that they will be really up to prove everyone wrong after their poor display recently and our defence have struggled at times to cope with the fast breakaway acceleration of a forward (hopefully not helped this time by a semi blind linesman who failed to notice Morelos was well offside).

Ultimately if Bartley is fit them I think we have a real chance; if not then its in the hands of the gods (and Euan Anderson).

Actually Euan Aderson's record with us doesn't look bad:

Nov 2nd Motherwell - lost 2:1 - 3 yellow cards and awarded us a penalty
    Dec 29th Hibernian - Won 2-0 - 3 yellow cards
    Jan 22nd St Johnstone - won 2-1 - 3 yellow cards
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:12 am

I suppose I should also mention Storm Denis.... affraid
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Storm Dolly is what they should be worried about.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Gerrard's been putting the boot into his players after their defeat to Killie, hopefully it doesn't spur them on against us, and backfires on him with a players revolt, might be a few bruised egos in their team that don't take kindly to criticism.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Have heard a few people saying this is a free hit and i guess in the wide shceme of things it is.However i feel we have earned the right to go to places like Ibrox and Parkhead and show what we are all about.Yes it will be daunting for the players but we have nothing to lose here and as such i hope the go out and do themselves justice.Of course we could be on the end of a backlash but surely the most humane thing to do would be to put an injured animal out of its misery for once and for all.Mind you no doubt diver Morelos will have his usual say in the proccedings with his antics,i just hope big Lyndon has a belter so that we dont have to worry about him.Anyways good luck to Gary and the lads and hopefully positivity by 4.45.Do it!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Game Off, waterlogged pitch.

Tin pot grass pitches eh, should get a fine and the points handed to Livi. Razz

On a plus side, big Marv was a doubt for this, hopefully he'll be fully fit for the rescheduled game, still fancied us to get something from them today though, they were there for the taking.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Doubt Marv will be ready, they have rescheduled it for 3pm tomorrow!

Livi wanted Monday night to allow the extra day to let the weather pass but league said tomorrow...with rain forecast as the prevalent weather, how do they expect a waterlogged pitch to clear? And if the Ibrox groundstaff are working to make it playable why weren’t they doing that yesterday & this morning?

I really hope it’s in worse condition tomorrow just to highlight how ridiculous the situation is. We are in the 21st century & they can’t put in sufficient drainage to avoid waterlogging? Do they not have tarpaulin covers or tent? Surely it ain’t rocket science?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:39 pm

League said tomorrow, coincidently Sevco said they wanted it played tomorrow and not Monday, go figure. The SFA and SPFL are against them though, the poor wee persecuted souls.

The state their pitch is in I can't see it being any better tomorrow, it was a mess even before the rain from today.

Sevco v Livi Screen10
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Good result for us in the St Johnstone game, Ross County managed to equalise with them in the 94th min.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Aberdeen giving it a really good go against Celtic today, apart from them only being 4 points ahead of us and wanting to catch them, we really don't want them taking points off Celtic and giving Sevco any added incentive against us.

2-1 Celtic FT. Another result going our way, good stuff. Just need something against the current buns now, mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Watched most of the second half on a streaming site, we didn’t play badly but Arfield was in far too much space when he scored. And annoyingly the goal came just minutes after a Souda effort that McGregor did well to react to. A glorious move & interchange between Menga & Dykes saw the latter beat McGregor with a superb shot that I thought was in but sadly it rattled the post. Dykes had another good effort held by McGregor too. The last 10 mins or so was mainly us pressing to equalise. We also hit the top of the bar from a looping header at the end of the match.  That said they had 2 disallowed (rightly) for offside.

There was the usual rank refereeing decisions, Menga skinned Tavernier & another hun with the same bit of skill, Tavernier ended up on his backside & the clown with the whistle gave a free kick against Dolly. Ridiculous decision.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Avoided the 2nd half score so I could watch it on Sportscene not knowing the outcome, let a roar out at the telly thinking Dykes had scored with his volley off the post, bugger, nice play by Dolly to lay it off for him too. Also thought Souda was going to score from the long throw. We did enough to get something from the game anyway, 1-0 wasn't a bad result at Ibrox but feels disappointing we couldn't take a point there on that showing.

Agree about the marking for their goal, it was Keaghan that was originally marking Arfield, and let him drift into space with nobody marking him, annoyingly easy for them. Thought Schofield pulled off a few good blocks and saves though, certainly did enough to get the jersey for our next game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:40 am

Yeah, I yelled “Yes” followed quickly by a disappointed “No” when Dykes hit the post.

We ran them close but unfortunately got nothing...and Hubs winning really tightens up the race for 3rd.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yeah, I yelled “Yes” followed quickly by a disappointed “No” when Dykes hit the post.

We ran them close but unfortunately got nothing...and Hubs winning really tightens up the race for 3rd.

TBH I'm more concentrating on top six at the moment. Hibs winning meant that we could drop to sixth place on Saturday if they actually beat us then they'll leapfrog into fifth. Even then, looking further forward, the next game they're home to Hearts whereas we're home to Celtic. Basically we need to win on Saturday to maintain our position and to maintain a view on fourth and maybe even third.

Note; I'm not saying we're going to lose to Celtic but is two wins against them in one season too much to hope for?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:13 am

Celtic have yet to even score a goal against us at the Spaghettihad, we surely can't keep that record going can we?

Yeah was hoping for a draw with Hibs and Killie, but maybe a Hibs win was the best thing to get us a top 6 place. We will hopefully beat Hibs next week to restore our 4 points lead, but a draw is the more likely outcome with our record for not winning away games.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Its a bit off topic but I am increasingly wondering what would happen if the Old Firm did really go and play in a league with the eight or so riches clubs from England.

From our perspective it would suddenly mean that the SPFL finally had to be interested in a proper Scottish league and not simply pandering the old firms tantrums.

We'd presumably lose out on a chunk of TV revenue but the majority of that seems to end up in the hands of the old firm anyway.

As for the old firm Celtic would probably be okay, particularly with their far stronger financial base, but for sevco to be able to meet the £200 million compensation amount mentioned by Simon Jordan is simply fanciful. Likewise would they likely end up in anything other than tenth position every year?

Oh... if only...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Initially it would take a financial hit from tv revenue but I think it would level out and long term we'd be a lot better off. We'd still have way more tv viewers than a lot of other countries that get more tv dosh than we do now, so without us pandering to the Glesga erse cheeks we'd be able to negotiate a better deal, or tell them to go take a flying feck and they'd lose out on Scottish subscibers. At the moment we're too scared to do that.

As you say D, the erse cheeks take the biggest slice of the pie anyway, and we're left fighting for the scraps. We'd have the best of the rest team being the best team, and getting millions from a CL qualifying round place too, which would give something no diddy team ever gets with Celtic winning the league every season, like the Irish and Welsh leagues benefit from.

However, this crazy colts nonsense the SPFL are sleekitly trying to manoeuvre into the lower leagues, to have in place in the event of the erse cheeks main teams leaving the SPFL, so they can have their B teams still playing in Scotland, that needs to GTF and not allowed to happen. The aunts would be having their cake and eating it, leaving Scotland and still having control over us all with their B teams suddenly being allowed into the top flight as their replacement.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 pm

I actually think they would be competitive down there within 4 or 5 seasons, simply because their increased revenue would allow them to bring in better players. They already have a drawing power in this league so in the top flight down there it would be an even bigger draw.

And it would make our league much more competitive and interesting. But definitely don’t want their u20’s teams.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Having watched the breif highlights have come to the conclusion that Sevco deserved to shade that.Just cant bide Slippy,s after meltdown.Its becoming a normal thing with him lately with once again no mention of the opposition after Gary had praised both teams efforts to make a game of it.Would have been very interesting if Souda or Dykes had buried one of those chances.A lot of talking points of course some justified but it was refreshing to see us get the rub of the green for a change at such an inhospitable shithole that Ibrox is at the best of times.Was good to see that Schofield looks as if hes gonna be challenging Mcrorie for that number one spot.Healthy competition which stands us in good stead i feel.Any way its out the road and we move on.Oh and the old firm are going nowhere imo,its to easy for them here and both would get shown up south of the border.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Depends what highlights you watched Troy, the sportscene ones were heavily edited in Sevco's favour, after reading many accounts of the game from folk in attendance it looked like we gave them a good go, and would've deserved a point had Dykes scored with the shot off the post, or Souda's shot from the long throw in.

They've had enough decisions going their way in the 3 prev games against us so i'd have loved for us to have scored and one of their offside goals to have been the wrong decision, but I don't think they were. The handball I've seen given and not given, bit of a lottery when there's no VAR up here, and a consistent set of rules being followed. Again though, we've had more than enough of those decisions going against us this season, so feck them and slippy G moaning about it as if his team is the only one this happens against.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:03 am

Yeah, watching the feed of the second half we gave them plenty to think about. Highlights are subjective based on the editing team that selects them.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:31 am

I was at the game and they did edge it as they should have of course given the difference in resources available to either team. The weather levelled it a bit and before they scored the crowd were growling loudly at every missed shot or pass. I loved it.
    For the last 10 minutes or so we upped the pressure a bit as they sat in to defend the lead. We gave them and the crowd a few broon trooser moments, especially the Dykes one off the post. Loved that too.
    We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. Our defenders dug deep and everyone worked hard. An equaliser was always possible but not to be on this occasion. How I would have laughed. Laughing
    It's always good to get an old firm game out of the way. On to Hibs next week. I wonder what kind of dive Scott Allan will conjure up for this one. I'm still raging at them stealing the two points from us on our last visit. They owe us!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Seen a lot of Sevco fans tweets about Dykes, saying they should've got him in January, they reckon it would've been worth taking a punt for460-540 thousand to get him. Seriously underselling him if we let him go far that imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 am