The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hibs v Livi

orco
    orco

Hibs v Livi Empty Hibs v Livi

Post by orco Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:23 pm

No much interest in this one. I'm going though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hibs v Livi Empty Re: Hibs v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:01 am

Think we are too... don’t know why as our away form is patchy at best.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Compared to our superb Home form it is anyway, it's no worse than a lot of other teams away form though, and better than about 4 or 5. It's those games (St J, Hibs, St M) where we've been 2 goals up and ended up with draws that have been the dif in making it really good too, and the Hearts draw at Tynnie as well, when we were a goal up and conceded to draw at the death, those 4 being wins would've made a huge difference. And we'd have been clear 3rd.

Anyway, prob draw this one too, Hibs are a potent goal scoring team, but so are we when we're on our usual away form, both of us can't keep them out the other end too, so def going to be at least 2 goals apiece here. Maybe Efe will make a difference and get us the win.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:40 pm

But who makes way for Efe? Do either Brown or Guthrie deserve to be stood down?

Devlin is fit again too... he was tremendous until he got injured but the boys that have come in have also done well.

Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Weather isnt looking to great for tommorow guys.In the event that this goes ahead i find myself sitting on the fence for this one.Ijust dont know what livi are going to turn up.With the threat of Doidge Allen and a resurgent Sparky i feel our defence is really going to have to be at the top of their game here if we are to take anything from the game.Of course we have threats as well but we are away from home and at the moment id bite your hand off for a point here.Think the least said about tommorows officials the better,lets just hope that we are not on the end of any dubious decisions from any of them though i wouldnt bank on it alas.Any way wrap up well,its gonna be baltic but hopefully the Lions can warm us up with a great performance Good luck Livi!!!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:But who makes way for Efe? Do either Brown or Guthrie deserve to be stood down?

Devlin is fit again too... he was tremendous until he got injured but the boys that have come in have also done well.

Ambrose is actually classed as a defensive midfielder who can also play as a centre or full back. If possible I'd see him playing beside Bartley.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:19 am

Never seen him play anywhere but at the back... time will tell
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:30 am

So, for the third weekend in a row I'm travelling to watch a game played in ridiculously awful conditions. I suppose you can't legislate for the weather. However on a loosely related subject you can influence when clubs play games in the fixture list. We played our last home Saturday game v Motherwell on 1st February. Having consulted my Wee Red Book I note that the next time we play a weekend home game will be on 15th March v Hearts. (Barring postponements of course)
    I'm thinking the powers that be dinnae really like us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Interesting line up.

McCrorie, Ambrose, Guthrie, Brown, Lawson, Taylor-Sinclair, McMillan, Pittman, Sibbald, Lawless & Dykes.

Subs - Schofield, Lamie, Jacobs, Crawford, Souda, Robinson & Menga. #livilive

Dunno if we're going with a back 3 of Brown, Guthrie & Ambrose, with McMillan & ATS as WB's, or sticking with our usual formation for this season of 4-2-3-1, with Efe and one of Sibbald/Lawson as the holding mids.

Prob be looking at;

……...……...…..…….McCrory

McMillan...…..Guthrie...……..Brown...……….ATS

………………Ambrose...…....Sibbald

…...Lawson...…..Pittman......….Lawless

……………………...Dykes
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Scratch that, according to Callum Carson's twitter it's, 3-1-4-1 formation today, so would that be;
    ..                   McCrory

Ambrose       Guthrie      Brown

...                  Sibbald

McMillan    Lawson     Lawless   ATS

….               Pittman

….                Dykes
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Looked to me like Lawless was more advanced than Pittman.

Decent game in difficult conditions. ATS had no chance to get out of the way so IMO it was a very soft penalty. Terrific save by McCrorie though.

ATS should have done better with a header before he scored a few minutes later.

I thought Lawson started poorly but improved as the game went on. Decent debut for Efe.
    Everyone else did pretty well but thought a draw was probably about right in the end.

Ref was poor but we are used to that.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Bit of a scrappy game at the best of times but nevertheless a battling point well deserved from the Lions i thought in testing conditions.Was glad to see Mcrorie save that pen as i thought it was soft with no way our player could have done anything else,but justice was done imo.Wee Sibs deserved his mom award,battled all through the game and big Effe strolled this on his debut.Looks a good aquasition.any way as ai said a very good point for the Lions which id asked for pre match and i got it.Celtic next.Bring it on.Mon the Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Looked to me like Lawless was more advanced than Pittman.

Decent game in difficult conditions. ATS had no chance to get out of the way so IMO it was a very soft penalty. Terrific save by McCrorie though.

ATS should have done better with a header before he scored a few minutes later.

I thought Lawson started poorly but improved as the game went on. Decent debut for Efe.
    Everyone else did pretty well but thought a draw was probably about right in the end.

Ref was poor but we are used to that.

Aye Lawson was giving the ball away around the halfway line allowing Hibs to break on us, so were a few Livi players, saw Sibbs doing it too. Wee Lawson put in a beautifully timed slide tackle to stop a Hibs player right on the edge of our box too, so wasn't all bad.

2nd half we were much better, and it took another bloody deflection to beat our keeper for their goal, we've nae luck at all with those, would be good for once if a deflection took it over the bar, or past the post. Also spot on with ATS should've scored with his header from an identical cross that he did score from, maybe it was a practice run for his goal though, he's getting good at making those runs ghosting in behind the defence.

Thought big bad Jon was immense, a real rock in defence, mopping up everything, and you can see the class oozing out of Efe, once he's had a few more games and has bedded in with the rest of the team he'll be an absolute stunning player to watch. Can't wait to see him and big Marv playing together, oh ya fecker, what a pair of signings.

Good point away from home, players are def up for the fight to get a top six spot, and even go one better and grab a European place.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Ross County and Accies doing us a turn yesterday too, now just need Sevco* and Celtic to do the same today. Would be something else if we beat Celtic in our next game and went into 4th place above Aberdeen. They've 2 games next week and we'll have rested up for 10 days, getting players like Marv and Dykes back fit (Holt saying Dykes was recovering from an illness yesterday still).

*bloody Sevco are a goal behind to St Johnstone just now, mon tae feck the useless twats.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:30 pm

St Johnstone 2-2 Sevco. That'll do nicely, another game scratched off and still 6 clear of St J. Killie currently winning 1-0 now, another draw would do there too, or a Celtic win.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:44 pm

Didn’t notice a deflection on their goal watching the highlights, looked like a cute finish from Doidge; it was poor defending from us to let them camp in our final 3rd in the build up to it. I thought we responded well to going behind & dominated proceedings for a while & got the deserved equaliser from ATS... who seems to be our most lethal finisher from 3 yards or less at the moment.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm

6 points clear of both Killie and St Johnstone now, with 5 games left to play till the split. With our GD that's as good as another point, both would need to get 7 points more, plus whatever we get from those 5 games. Top 6 is in the bag imo, want to get that 4th spot now and push for 3rd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am