The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Livi v Hearts

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hearts Empty Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 pm

Battle of the Lothians, best team in the Lothians versus the worst.

If we can continue our fine (for fine see 'absolutely incredible') home form, and get a win here, everything will be back hunky dory, at this stage of the season though, league positions mean nothing when teams are fighting for league survival, so expecting it to be a very tough game for us. Big away crowd again with Hearts having an upturn in results, and it's on BT sport again, all of which usually means our players will be on top of their game, the buzz of a big crowd (even being outnumbered at home) gives our players a good lift too.

Looking forward to the extra spice of seeing Marv and Efe getting stuck into the Jambos too, we can do this Livi, lets go get those 3 points. cheers bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hearts Empty Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Yeah, it would be an important 3 points given the other matches this game week.

Like you I think Hearts will up their game, the play St Midden on Wednesday & I am not sure what the best result would be for us in that one. If they win they get a boost & be fired up for Sunday. If they lose they will be even more desperate for a win against us. If it’s a draw they will still be as close to the teams above them & fancy their chances of catching them... all in all it’s not the best time to be playing them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 pm

Don't really care what they get from the St Mirren game, as long as it takes a lot out of them. Hopefully Naismith gets sent off too, and is suspended against us. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Not bothered about Naisy- Washington & Boyce are the ones to watch & Clare has started playing better.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Just get Dolly back playing, he'd take care of Clare. Dunno what has happened to him btw, read someone saying he'd left in a taxi just before the Celtic game.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:27 pm

Heard rumour that he’d left the club but no corroboration
    Hoochthedrummer

Post by Hoochthedrummer Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Heard rumour that he’d left the club but no corroboration

A friend of mine saw him leaving the stadium while on his phone and getting into a taxi before the Celtic game. He hasn't left the club though as he was playing for the reserves last night.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:48 pm

Ok, appreciate the update & clarification
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:18 am

Hearts went back to being mince against St Mirren last night, hopefully the same Hearts will turn up against us.

Nobody has mentioned the impending Coronavirus shut down, this might be our last game before closed door games get implemented, with us being predicted by medical experts as being 14 days behind mainland Europe. and Italy in complete shutdown.

Feck knows the impact of that on footballing finances, totally buggers up thinking about the season predictions when this is going on.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:58 pm

Probably means they’ll turn up on Sunday as if they are going for the title.

Covid 19 certainly having an impact on society, I’m probably slightly surprised they haven’t found a means of destroying the virus quicker than it takes to run it’s course... I’d like to think the greatest minds on the planet are working on that but we never seem to hear anything about that.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:17 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Probably means they’ll turn up on Sunday as if they are going for the title.

Covid 19 certainly having an impact on society, I’m probably slightly surprised they haven’t found a means of destroying the virus quicker than it takes to run it’s course... I’d like to think the greatest minds on the planet are working on that but we never seem to hear anything about that.

Baring in mind the Boffins started a concerted effort to find a cure for the common cold during the second world war to cut down on "sickies" impacting production. That's almost 80 years of effort.

That being said I understand that a lab in Wales has identified the DNA the strain of the virus and is now investigating why it seems to impact some people a lot worse than it does others. Not sure that will really heal us though.

General indicators are that the younger you are the less likely your going to get it bad - which kind of means I'm bu@@ered.
    Hoochthedrummer

Post by Hoochthedrummer Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm

It appears is the game is officially a bogey...all professional and grassroots football suspended with immediate effect
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Probably means they’ll turn up on Sunday as if they are going for the title.

Baring in mind the Boffins started a concerted effort to find a cure for the common cold during the second world war to cut down on "sickies" impacting production. That's almost 80 years of effort.

That being said I understand that a lab in Wales has identified the DNA the strain of the virus and is now investigating why it seems to impact some people a lot worse than it does others. Not sure that will really heal us though.

General indicators are that the younger you are the less likely your going to get it bad - which kind of means I'm bu@@ered.

Livi v Hearts 2de13610

Hoochthedrummer wrote:It appears is the game is officially a bogey...all professional and grassroots football suspended with immediate effect

Livi v Hearts 08f18b10
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Bring back the pools panel eh. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:28 pm

orco wrote:Bring back the pools panel eh. Laughing

That would be us relegated, chunts would have us down for a loss every game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:49 am

Im absolutly scunnered by all of this.So many scenarios being booted about and thousands of suggestions being thrown about kinda makes you feel brain dead at times.Of course the welfare and safety of the sporting family comes first all over the globe.i just wish Corona would fech off and do one as soon as possible please.Personally the next time im likely to see any football is my annual jaunt down south for a football awayday weekend at easter to Blackpool and Burnley.My group are still going as its been planned for a year but in all seriousness the hostileries of Lancashire may well be the beneficiaries of our Scottish pound.I really havent got an opinion as to what will happen for the rest of the season as ive heard so many and like many others will just have to sit it out and see what transpires in the coming weeks.Its such a shame as weve excelled once again this season thus far and still in with a chance of going further than we expected. Frustrating i know but hopefully things will get back to some sort of normality for us. in the meantime follow the guidelines and stay safe my bretheren.Lol.T.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Don’t be so sure you’ll get to head south, Boris may have the country in lockdown by then.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Ahm stayin' in the hoose. I fall into a couple of vulnerable categories. Scunnered!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:23 pm

This Coronavirus has given the people in Livingston a poultry craving, went to get some chicken breasts for a meditteranian chicken risotto recipe I was going to make for my dinner, and all the shelves are bare in Morrisons, Lidls, and Sainsbury's, gave up looking after that and just bought some frozen ones. Will have to defrost them and have it tomorrow now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Armadale Asda had some chicken but hardly any actual chickens or bulk trays of pieces, I got the last tray of boneless thighs and there was only one 2kg tray of chicken breasts

Cheap petrol too 114.7p
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Maybe we should put up another match thread.

Hearts v The SPFL.....……………………………………………………………………...in court.

Partick hanging onto Hearts' coat tails now too, wanting 2M of the 10M compensation, or their relegations reversed. Threatening to stop the league from starting if they don't get their way. Can just see Ann stamping her feet and threatening to squeam and squeam until she is sick if they don't give her what she wants.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 am

Liviforever wrote:Maybe we should put up another match thread.

Partick hanging onto Hearts' coat tails now too, wanting 2M of the 10M compensation, or their relegations reversed. Threatening to stop the league from starting if they don't get their way. Can just see Ann stamping her feet and threatening to squeam and squeam until she is sick if they don't give her what she wants.

Didnt we try refusing to play unless the SFA or whoever reverse their decision to demote us to the third division? Remind m; how did that work out?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:39 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Maybe we should put up another match thread.

Didnt we try refusing to play unless the SFA or whoever reverse their decision to demote us to the third division? Remind m; how did that work out?

Yeah but she's threatening to go to court and get an interdict or something to prevent the league from starting till the court decides what is to happen. Personally think it's all bluster to get an out of court settlement for being relegated under such circumstances. She isn't exactly making friends with all the other SPFL clubs, the way she's went about it, slagging them all off for being small minded, having self interest in their own clubs etc. Ironically, everything that she herself has done during this whole episode.

Hearts fans are lapping it up though, the injustice of it all, how unfair it has been, Ann has only ever tried to get it resolved in a fair minded manner...….cough...choke....splutter, truly deluded the lot of them. It has been pretty entertaining watching it all from the sidelines, with Livi being so comfortably safe from relegation and all the in fighting. We actually suggested a format right at the start of this, that took Hearts and Sevco 3 or 4 attempts before they got to the same proposal.

From memory, Hearts first proposal was purely self interest in saving their arses from relegation, a temp 14 top flight reconstruction with 3 teams relegated the next season to put the league back to 12 teams.

2nd proposal was also doomed from the start with the bottom tier teams saying they'd all vote against it, think it was the one letting HL teams join them. Sure some teams wouldn't have been promoted with the jumbling of the leagues too.

Then Sevco & Celtic tried to take advantage of the situation, thinking it was a way to get their colts teams in, thankfully that got booted into touch.

Then Hearts finally actually tried to come up with a decent proposal, of the 14-14-14 they should've tried to start with, but I think by this point they'd pissed so many teams off that everyone was just sick of them.

The SPFL then came up with just the top flight being affected, and expanded to 14, but again, everyone was sick of the reconstruction pish by then, and quite frankly, it looks worse being split to 6-8 in January, than our current 6-6 split.

As a neutral (so to speak) with no self interest to gain either way, looking on, it's absolutely amazing seeing Hearts claiming the moral high ground, slagging everyone else off, and 5 minutes later Hearts and all their fans are salivating over destroying fellow SPFL clubs, hoping some will go bust due to them being starved of cash while Hearts fecks everyone over stopping the league from starting, even the ones that voted Hearts way, that's just too bad. And they are still claiming to be the moral bastions of Scottish football, you really couldn't make this shit up. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Let’s not kid ourselves, if Livi were in Hearts position (about to be relegated in a curtailed season & still in with a chance of staying up if the season played out) we would fully expect our board to fight tooth & nail to avoid being relegated. The same is true for every club.

If this is the fairest solution to the situation why do Brechin survive without a play off? They are being afforded the very thing that Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are being denied & that, in my view, is unfair & completely unethical.

League reconstruction has happened in the past for far more frivolous reasons than this & until Scottish clubs start thinking holistically rather than selfishly, Scottish football will continue to be a badly constructed farce.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Let’s not kid ourselves, if Livi were in Hearts position (about to be relegated in a curtailed season & still in with a chance of staying up if the season played out) we would fully expect our board to fight tooth & nail to avoid being relegated. The same is true for every club.

If this is the fairest solution to the situation why do Brechin survive without a play off? They are being afforded the very thing that Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are being denied & that, in my view, is unfair & completely unethical.

League reconstruction has happened in the past for far more frivolous reasons than this & until Scottish clubs start thinking holistically rather than selfishly, Scottish football will continue to be a badly constructed farce.

I wonder whether many clubs would have dragged it out like this to be honest. At the end of the day Hearts were god awful pretty much all season; dragging out these last few games surely just delays the inevitable.

One thing's for certain; the SPFL / SFA know how to harbour a grudge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am