The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Season 2020/21

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Season 2020/21 Empty Season 2020/21

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:20 pm

A lot to talk about here, starting with just when we'll be allowed to have fans attending games again.

Mass gatherings look like being banned till there is a vaccine in place, and social distancing rules will be in use for the rest of the year, and maybe into next year too. When lockdown restriction are eased to start getting folk back to work, talk from the Govt is that it'll have to be done gradually, and with social distancing, maybe even wearing masks at work, when going to shops etc, so football certainly wont be an option.

I don't know if there will be a way around this, to start the season without having fans attending, closed door games being broadcast through club streams, and tv games as per usual, it'll be weird for the players having no atmosphere from the fans being excluded, and clubs wont be generating the same money as they would from away gate money, and hospitality etc, but it would at least get things going and bring some income in, plus you'd have to also weigh it up against not have the same expenditure putting on a live game with no fans, not needing stewards, police, same staff numbers etc.

Not sure lower leagues could survive without fans, but maybe there is a way to apply social distance at smaller attended games. A lot to talk about for the SPFL authorities anyway.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Season 2020/21 Empty Re: Season 2020/21

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:35 pm

On a personal topic for Livi, ST sales looking to hit 1,500 is optimistic, esp with this lockdown going on. For one we don't know when/if the season will start this year, or if fans will be able to attend. Then with people on furlough and an uncertainty on a lot of businesses/jobs, will fans be in a position to spend money on ST's.

Didn't want to have this discussion on official sites, like Livi fc FB, as it isn't exactly a topic they'd want on their ST sales drive, and folk get all upset thinking you're being negative and attacking the club. But it is relevant, and will be in peoples minds whether they want to see it being discussed or not.

It's a real shame as we were having the best season in our history since 2001/02 season, and had/have (depending on whether this season can actually be finished) a chance at a Uefa cup spot, the ST sales off the back of that would've been pretty good i'd imagine. This C19 lockdown has prob put a major dent on that.

Now it looks more like the reason for renewing/buying a ST just now, with all the uncertainty, will be loyalty to the club, supporting it through a tough time, which I doubt will be the sales drive needed to increase ST sales from last season, more likely we'll see those figures drop a bit.

Sorry for the negative vibe putting a downer on our ST drive, just wondering what others think, or if it's just me being a depressive aunt due to this lockdown.Laughing
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:17 pm

For umpteen years I've been ordering three season tickets but this year; with one son planning to go and live with his girlfriend in England and another needing to work most Saturdays It will seem really strange just heading down on my own. I had kind of hoped we could see off this season in style to mark the end of pretty much 20 years continuous season ticket holders but all things must come to an end I suppose. I wonder if I can persuade the missus to start coming again.

For a lot of people I suppose there'll still be a big question mark over how many games they'll get; whether the season is shortened to playing each other only twice etc. before working out whether the season ticket is value for money.

For me I'll renew no matter what; even if it works out twice as much as PATG but I suppose a lot of people need to be more careful particularly with so many financial uncertainties.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Yeh.Would have to agree with you Durnford.It is such a difficuilt time for most and its unfortunte that on other websites sites that i visit concerning Livi that any form of negativity is shot down albeit you are only giving a personal opinion.With so much uncertainty surrounding us at the moment both on and off the feild is it any wonder that fans are being abnormally cautious at this time.Would tend to agree with the word loyalty and im sure many have and will continue to support the the club financially as best they can.Ive already givin my opinions on these matters in earlier posts which i wont go over again,but for what its worth its not always easy to emit possitivity when even as much as you want to we sometimes hold back,which is understandable at this perticuilar time.Ive still to renew my season ticket but like many others i will in due course.Well done to those who already have and that was their choice.In closing i wish my fellow posters to keep safe and healthy,not easy in this current climate.LOL.T.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm