The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
RScot
Liviforever
Durnford
7 posters

Livingston v the rangers

Durnford

Livingston v the rangers Empty Livingston v the rangers

Post by Durnford Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am

Where is Liviforever when you need him; injecting some much needed optimism into this potentially turgid affair.

We have a new goalkeeper playing with a somewhat shaky defence against a sevco forward line high on confidence. Personally its difficult to see past one result; with the only question being how-many.

TBH we do have the players and skills to stifle sevco's attack but those awful defensive lapses persist.

On the more positive note out midfield has been looking a lot better and we had no shortage of opportunities on Wednesday; now is we could only turn more of them into goals?

Of I really wanted to clutch at straws I could perhaps argue that sevco haven't done too well travelling of late; their win against Aberdeen wasn't quite the one-sided affair they'd have us believe and they were playing against 10 men; plus we have the possible advantage of the perfect, but artificial, pitch?

Anyone else got any positives I can cling to?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livingston v the rangers Empty Re: Livingston v the rangers

Post by Liviforever Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Both keepers pre season, and McCrorie in our league games have virtually let in every shot they've had at them, so if we've to have any chance of getting something Stryjek will have to make some saves. He let in a soft one against Killie hit straight at him that was reminiscent of Sarkic's against Motherwell last season, hopefully he turns out as good as Sarkic too.

Feeling a bit better about us actually scoring goals now, but we still need to tighten up in defence, think we need to just have 2 CB's and proper FB's for this game, get McMillan and ATS on, with Guthrie and Ambrose in the centre.

Also could do with Crawford in midfield to partner Marv, got a feeling we'll stick with Sibbs though. Other than that i'm happy to go with the same again and get stuck in about them.

No expectation here, so just the kind of game the players surprise us with and take all 3 points. Laughing
    RScot

Post by RScot Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Stryjek
    Devlin/ Lawson? Fitzwater. Guthrie. Macmillan / ATS ?
    Bartley. Ambrose
    Forest. Sibbald. Pittman
    Dykes
    I’d try something along these lines, I think Ambrose alongside Bartley could help solidify the team through the middle. With Sibbald also in the middle of the park, I think we’d be solid. Pittman and Forest would be allowed to switch sides. I’m not sure which side Forest prefers, I think both Pitts and Forest are quite comfortable on either side. But I think this lineup strengthens the spine of our team whilst allowing Sibbald to be pushed further forward.
    I think both fullback positions are up for grabs. Personally I’d go with Lawson at RB if he’s fit and Macmillan at LB. I’d like to see our Fullbacks offer us some width and get to the byeline and put some crosses into the box more often than has been happening.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Last season, Sarkic made his league debut by shutting out Celtic... perhaps Stryjek or Schwake can emulate that against the leaders...

Can’t see anything but a hun victory and would happily take a point
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Yeh,ive got a bad feeling about tommorow. On the one hand Sevco dont like coming here, but on the other i think they will have the measure of us this time. Best case scenario they have an off day and we really raise our game,both highly unlikely imo.Heard someone say this is a free hit for us.True,but I really hope we go out believing we can take something from this game.No point turning up otherwise. Cmon lads, make it happen and shut a few people up.Good luck.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Yeh,ive got a bad feeling about tommorow. On the one hand Sevco dont like coming here, but on the other i think they will have the measure of us this time. Best case scenario they have an off day and we really raise our game,both highly unlikely imo.Heard someone say this is a free hit for us.True,but I really hope we go out believing we can take something from this game.No point turning up otherwise. Cmon lads, make it happen and shut a few people up.Good luck.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:13 pm

RScot wrote:                            Stryjek
    Devlin/ Lawson? Fitzwater.   Guthrie.  Macmillan / ATS ?
                      Bartley.       Ambrose
      Forest.           Sibbald.          Pittman
                            Dykes
    I’d try something along these lines, I think Ambrose alongside Bartley could help solidify the team through the middle. With Sibbald also in the middle of the park, I think we’d be solid. Pittman and Forest would be allowed to switch sides. I’m not sure which side Forest prefers, I think both Pitts and Forest are quite comfortable on either side. But I think this lineup strengthens the spine of our team whilst allowing Sibbald to be pushed further forward.
    I think both fullback positions are up for grabs. Personally I’d go with Lawson at RB if he’s fit and Macmillan at LB. I’d like to see our Fullbacks offer us some width and get to the byeline and put some crosses into the box more often than has been happening.

Not a bad shout pushing Efe into holding mid with Marv... gives us time to defend any errors he makes.

Rangers owned us last season in terms of results but we usually gave them a game.
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Also Sibbald in the middle, albeit in a more advanced role, gives us more physicality in there and would hopefully lead to us winning more of the ball in the centre of the park. I do think that is one aspect of Pittmans game that is lacking, he does get brushed aside at times.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    RScot wrote:                            Stryjek
    Devlin/ Lawson? Fitzwater.   Guthrie.  Macmillan / ATS ?
                      Bartley.       Ambrose
      Forest.           Sibbald.          Pittman
                            Dykes

Not a bad shout pushing Efe into holding mid with Marv... gives us time to defend any errors he makes.

Rangers owned us last season in terms of results but we usually gave them a game.

In three of the games refereeing decisions played a big part in their wins, may sound like a bitter diddy team fan using that excuse but we should've been 2 goals up at Ibrox when Devlin's goal got chopped off, then Sevco's opener was offside (as was highlighted on sportscene), so that was a 2 goal swing on the referee's decisions, then Dykes got red carded just to make any chance of a draw gone.

In the first home game Helander should've had a red card for a last man foul on Dykes, injuring his ankle for several games afterwards too, as he wasn't 100% carrying that knock. May not have made a difference but look what happened against Celtic when they played with 10 men.

The 2-0 defeat, although that was their most comfortable win over us, Morelos goal was a yard offside, who knows with it still being 1-0 if we may have nicked a draw.

However that was last season and so far we've not looked anywhere like that Livi team, defensively anyway. We only conceded 8 goals at home in the league from 14 games last season, so far this season we've conceded 4, after just one game.

And on a more positive note, we did look a lot better against Motherwell. lol!
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:49 pm

I think we will put up a good performance on Sunday. If the management stick to 4-2-3-1 , I’m sure the players will be up for it
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Your analysis LF was summed up by my “Rangers owned us in terms of results but we usually gave them a game”  comment. Very Happy
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Every pundit today give us no chance tommorow, and rightly so.If the so called impossible happens.Ma keyboard will go mental.Nothing to lose Livi,its happend before.Can it happen again? Who knows.🦁
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:20 pm

A good result from this one would be not to get hammered. Personally I'll be satisfied if they play as well as they can.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Nobody rattleing the goals in today Rose.So agree damage limitation will be be imperative here.Goal difference might play a part at the end of the season.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Always fancied us taking something from our games against them last season and we came away empty handed, not confident we'll get anything at all in this game so mon Livi, do your stuff and take all 3 points to show us all again, that we can never write you off. Mon the Lions. cheers

I'll be making enough noise the whole street will know who I support if Livi score. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:56 pm

And then our dream will come to an unfortunate end.Was good, wasnt it L/F.
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Just read on another forum that Dykes is rumoured to be having a medical with QPR? Hope it’s not the case an he plays tomorrow
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:20 pm

Fucking paper talk.He starts tomorrow, Sevco beware.Give him somebody up front with him Gary.
    Its our Home.

Livi2020 likes this post

RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:40 pm

With the rumours surrounding Dykes and the links with Rangers, the game on SKY. I think we might see a top performance from him tomorrow
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Give him help.And that transfer fee will go astrononical.By our standards..Fernandez.1.250.m our best.Depends on weather we want to stay in this league. Do we as Livi fans could do without him.
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Obviously it’s not the end of the world if we were to go down, but I’d much rather stay up in the SPFL, and I think without Dykes or a replacement we’ll struggle to score.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:14 pm

We had 13 different goal scorers last season, but if Dykes does leave that'll be our two top scorers with Lawless also away, accounting for 17 of our 39 league goals last season. So someone will need to take up some of the slack, Guthrie stepped in for Halkett leaving us though, and got 5 for three quarters of a season.

We also have to take into consideration that was us getting 5th place with that total, I don't think we'd be relegated without Dykes, but our defence would have to be a lot more solid, and get back to how it has been the last few seasons, that imo is more important than having a prolific goal scorer. If we're solid at the back we only need to score 1 goal to win a game.
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:20 pm

I agree about the defence, but I think returning to 4-2-3-1 with players in their proper positions and we will begin to tighten things up at the back. Shame about Brown picking up an injury though, him and Guthrie would be my preferred centreback pairing. But it’s a chance for Fitzwater to get a decent run of games and claim the shirt. Forest looks the part though, I must say I’m happy with what I’ve seen of him so far, so perhaps that will negate the loss of Lawless.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Troy wrote:Fucking paper talk.He starts tomorrow, Sevco beware.Give him somebody up front with him Gary.
    Its our Home.
    Dykes and Poplatnik up front.
    RScot

Post by RScot Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Livi2020 wrote:
    Troy wrote:Fucking paper talk.He starts tomorrow, Sevco beware.Give him somebody up front with him Gary.
    Its our Home.
    Dykes and Poplatnik up front.

Can’t see us playing 2 up front against Rangers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 am