The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Ross County v Livi.Friday.

Troy

Ross County v Livi.Friday. Empty Ross County v Livi.Friday.

Post by Troy Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:03 pm

This for me falls into the category must not lose.We really need to give ourselves a lift here.Massive game for both sides for obvious reasons.Would like to see Forrest and Mullin especially start this.Hopefully big JET has got his dancing shoes on. Weve put ourselves in a precarious position and dont want to rely on others for favours.Its up to us to get ourselves out of this. Cmon Livi,weve got to do this 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Ross County v Livi.Friday. Empty Re: Ross County v Livi.Friday.

Post by Auld Nick Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:11 am

On the face of it I agree, at least a draw would stop the losing run... but we really ought to be beating County

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:12 pm

4-0 to Livi would do.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:22 pm

1 0 would do for me L/F. Wish i could share your optimism here.We are capable at the top of our game of winning this.Feeling a bit uneasy here so will sit on the fence. Depends what Livi turns up i suspect, would definatly give the whole place a lift if they could do it.Really needing this.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Stryjek keeping his place, happy with that, think he deserves a run of games to give him a decent chance to prove himself good enough to be our undisputed number one keeper. He's signed for us so would rather see him getting that chance than a loan keeper anyway.

Serrano not in the squad, so imagine he's injured, was poor against Motherwell with his crosses but given everyone was equally crap i'd have thought he'd be playing if fit. Bit mystified with his replacement though, Lawson coming in, so he'll either be playing LB, or Devlin will have to switch, either way we're playing a right back on the left when we've 2 players better suited to playing there in McMillan and ATS.

Robbo coming in as expected and Mullin dropped to the bench, with Forrest on the other side, just aren't going to play Mullin and Forrest at the same time. I'll guarantee Forrest will come off for Mullin later on in the 2nd half, Holt for some reason doesn't want to play with 2 wingers.

JET keeping his place too, he really has to prove himself in this game, County are one of the weaker teams in the league, he isn't going to get a better chance to shine.

Not too thrilled with our shape at the back, as mentioned, it looks disjointed, just hope to feck it doesn't cost us goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:08 pm

Ref isn't looking kind to us, Sibbs has been fouled twice and hasn't got a foul yet, Pitts was also fouled and Clancy ignored it.

Big JET missing another sitter too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:42 pm

We're far too easy to defend against again, after going a goal down, all County are doing is clearing their lines and booting the ball tae feck up the pitch. I'd bring Mullin on, and keep Forrest on too, so we've got width to run at them down the wing to get balls across into the box. Would also take JET off for Tiffoney or Poplatnik.

Need a big change 2nd half anyway, knocking the ball up the pitch to play off 2nd balls isn't working.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Much better 2nd half, still think JET is a passenger here, should've shot but passed and tried to walk it into the net. Glad Devlin scored been getting pelters from a few of our fans. Now if only JET could do the same.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Holt is frustrating the life out of me with his lack of substitutions, and waiting so long before even making any. Poplatnik should've been on a lot sooner, and dear knows why he's leaving JET on to the end. Other than getting his fitness up he was useless, had 2 great chances and squandered both. Forrest was lively and i think Mullin on for the last 15 mins would've given us a good chance to win the game, but i think Holt was scared of losing it and played safe for the draw.

Relieved not to lose after conceding yet another goal from a set piece, must've lost more goals from set pieces than open play this season. Still feel we had the better of the chances and were good enough 2nd half to go on and win it, so in that respect i think Holt bottled going for the win and it's a missed opportunity to get all 3 points.

Will wait till we've played our next 3 league games before deciding how much of a miss this was, that's 1 point, another 7 in the next 3 games and we'll have done well.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 pm

Big Jet will have a mare after that sitter.Not the result id hoped for,but on reflection i guess a draw considering we didnt take our chances will suffice especially away from home.Dissapointing to lose that goal the way we did but Devlin added a bit of parity with that great finish.Like others im baffled as to how Mullin didnt get a chance here,surely he would have been champing at the bit to get on against his old club.Stryjek showing once again why he should remain between the sticks. Anyway i asked prehand for a must not lose game,and in a frustrating way i got it.So happy with that outcome. Oh well Jeff Stelling and co for me tommorrow. Bloody Friday night games.Dont you just love em. 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 am

Watched Sportscene highlights & we looked the better side but we need a goal scorer (where have we heard that before?) - none of the new strikers have shown much in the way of scoring prowess. Souda wasn’t prolific by any means but he was much more of a goal threat than anyone we have signed except Forrest & I would be very tempted to play Forrest as the main striker & have Mullin providing the width.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:00 am

Yeh agree Bertie.Our strikers are powderpuff at the moment and will need a fair bit of work put into them.Had we taken our chances we would have won that game.Its a point away from home yes,but could have been 3.Guess we move on.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:52 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Watched Sportscene highlights & we looked the better side but we need a goal scorer (where have we heard that before?) - none of the new strikers have shown much in the way of scoring prowess. Souda wasn’t prolific by any means but he was much more of a goal threat than anyone we have signed except Forrest & I would be very tempted to play Forrest as the main striker & have Mullin providing the width.

Started well and JET missed a very good chance from inside the box after bringing the ball down well, we were on top for the first 25 mins. Then County got a free kick and scored, lifting them, and they were the better team for the remaining 17 mins. Looked like we just went into default mode of launching it up to JET and trying to win 2nd balls to attack, but County were easily defending against that tactic, booting the ball back into our half.

2nd half we went at them from ko and looked a lot brighter, running with the ball, and getting the odd shot off too, felt we could score and a goal was coming. Nice reverse pass by Lawson and ball into the box by Pitts finding Devlin at the back post for our goal. Actually thought Lawson did well at LB, tracking his man and heading balls away, doesn't look good for ATS getting a game though when a RB/MF is getting in ahead of him at LB. County were still dangerous on the counter attack though and kept us on our toes, but mainly it was all Livi and we should've won the game.

Holt didn't do enough to push for the winning goal though, leaving his substitution of bringing on Poplatnik pretty late, and only making a 2nd sub after being forced to with Brown going off injured, replacing him with Efe. It was crying out for Mullin to get on and run at them with fresh legs, taking Robbo off, i'd have also taken JET off and stuck Tiffoney on for the last 10 mins. Then again i'd have subbed Robbo instead of Sibbald when Poplatnik came on, Sibbald was one of our best players and got taken off.

Only reason i can see for leaving JET on the full game, was to improve his fitness, and sharpen him up, he's getting a lot of stick but he won a lot of headers and got a couple of really good chances, so he does offer us something, but he keeps bloody missing them. If he can sharpen up a bit in front of goal he would be a decent player to have, because his physical presence causes chaos inside the box and he does get chances. Really needs to start scoring some of them soon to get the fans off his back and justify Holt's decision to play him over Tiffoney and Poplatnik.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:36 pm

Somebody needs to tell the ROAR online magazine editors that JET hasn’t scored yet & certainly didn’t score for us before he signed.... they have credited him with Dykes’ goals from earlier in the season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm