The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Empty Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:14 pm

Congratulations to Davie & all at Livi for a well deserved Manager of the month award... a brilliant run of results, playing to our strengths.

Would be great if we can lay the bogey of the MotM curse by getting another couple of wins in our Celtic double header but to be honest I’d be delighted with 2 draws.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Empty Re: Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Yeah well deserved, what a start to his managerial career.

Also congrats to Jack Hamilton for League One player of the Month at East Fife.
    livikev
    livikev

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Empty Re: Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale

Post by livikev Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:01 pm

Big well done to everyone at the club - lets keep the ball rolling.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Back to back MoTM award, picking up January's too.

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Motm-j11

He becomes only the third manager to lift the award on consecutive occasions since 2015, with Rangers manager Steven Gerrard and Scotland manager Steve Clarke (then at Kilmarnock) the last two to do so. As well as that, he joins Jim Leishman as only the second ever Livingston manager to lift two, top flight Manager of the Month awards in the same season.

Well done Davie, some achievement to be only the 3rd manager in top flight since 2015 to get back to back awards, and equaling Jim Leishman on 2 in the one season, in only his 2nd month in charge.

Now lets win our next 2 games and lift the cup in the last game in February and see if he gets 3 MoTM awards in a row. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Robbo getting Jan PoTM award too, Livi sweeping the board just now.

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Robbo_10

A double for him too, had already picked up the Livi fans' PoTM, well done Robbo, thoroughly deserved.

Manager of the Month - December - Davie Martindale  Robbo_12
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:34 am

Liviforever wrote:Back to back MoTM award, picking up January's too.

Now lets win our next 2 games and lift the cup in the last game in February and see if he gets 3 MoTM awards in a row. cheers

Your unabated & unabashed optimism was bound to fall flat eventually.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:52 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Back to back MoTM award, picking up January's too.

Your unabated & unabashed optimism was bound to fall flat eventually.

Yeah 3IAR is as likely as Celtic's 10IAR now.

Win the cup final and he'll be Livi's Manager of The Decade though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:03 pm

True.... but while it is possible, we have gone from boom to bust so quickly I can’t see how he is going to rekindle the flame.

Teams often hit a slump in form after reaching a final but we kept the unbeaten run going for a few games & have come a cropper against sides we really shouldn’t have had too much trouble with considering the run we were on. I fear our bolt has been shot.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:23 pm

I think once the cup final is out of the way we'll be fine, only takes a small drop in performance to throw us off, and i don't think everyone is fully focussed on league games just now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:59 pm

I think we are fine in terms of finishing in a safe league position but I can’t see us beating St J in the final now, whereas 3 or 4 weeks ago I was confident we would.

Top 6 is up for grabs again but I think Hibs have all but secured 3rd... which is a shame after the way we destroyed them a few weeks ago.

Ironic too that we haven’t won a game since winning against the only side we couldn’t beat.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:48 pm

Come Sat night we'll have a better picture of where we'll finish. Accies are on the up, which is good for us as they play St Mirren, if they beat St Mirren and then we get at least a draw top 6 is as good as secured. If Utd lose too then i'd be confident we'll get 5th place too, as they've got Celtic and Sevco to play yet, Aberdeen and Killie in their other games before the split.

We need to start winning games to put pressure on Aberdeen for 4th, but right now i'd be delighted staying in the top 6 and securing 5th.

As for the cup final, if we turn up we can still win it, don't think it matters what form St Johnstone are on, i'd fancy our chances against anyone if we're at our best.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:07 pm

Agreed... but that’s a massive IF right now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm